Forums

Topic: Xbox @ E3 2021 Predictions & Discussion

Posts 1 to 20 of 82

LtSarge

We're just over a month away from E3 and I thought it would be fun to share our predictions and discuss what Microsoft will be announcing this year.

I personally think that there's so much potential for what Microsoft could be announcing. My first prediction is that they'll announce their next acquisition during their presentation. Considering that it's been a fairly long time since the announcement of the ZeniMax acquisition back in September, and that they've now finalised the acquisition, the hype has been dying down. So it makes sense to turn all attention to the next acquisition and I think it'll be either Ubisoft or Square Enix. Microsoft needs to be acquiring corporations rather than individual firms as they're going to be needing a lot of studios to produce titles on Game Pass, just like they did with ZeniMax. Which is why I think it'll be a corporation like Ubisoft or Square Enix.

My second prediction ties in with my first one. I think Ubisoft+ will be announced as coming to Game Pass Ultimate, either as a result of acquiring Ubisoft or simply through a partnership if they aren't being acquired. It's still a long way before we start getting more first-party titles on the service and Microsoft needs to keep interest up in some way and I believe that'll be through the addition of Ubisoft+.

My final prediction is that they will finally reveal gameplay of Starfield and it will be an Xbox exclusive based on the recent rumours. Even though Halo Infinite will be coming this year, I think it would benefit Microsoft a lot to be able to present a heavy-hitter that will be exclusive to its platforms as a result of the ZeniMax acquisition.

All of my predictions have been pretty bog-standard since they are all based on existing rumours. However, I might write some later on that aren't based on anything and maybe aren't likely to occur, e.g. the revival of an old IP, just for fun. I mostly want to see what everyone else will predict.

LtSarge

Krzzystuff

I have a hard time believing that square or Ubisoft will be acquired because they are both publicly traded so it's not as easy to do and to keep quiet. From the sounds of things they are after one more publisher acquisition before they are done but I'm not expecting anything for E3. That said I'd gladly be wrong. I do expect to see Ubisoft+ or whatever it's called added to gamepass ultimate this year, solely based on what the Xbox two podcast guys have said as they seem pretty legit with their sources.

I'd love to learn something about Starfield as i kinda feel the odd one out not being excited about it...cuz i don't know what it is. I'm hoping that they announce some unannounced games but with Covid i wouldn't be surprised if they are 2022 now vs 2021.

Can't wait to see some more Halo!!!

Edited on by Krzzystuff

Krzzystuff

Xbox Gamertag: Krzzystuff

LtSarge

@Krzzystuff I do think they will take the opportunity to at least announce the acquisition of one publisher considering how many people will tune in to watch E3. Granted, maybe it doesn't matter where they do the announcement. I mean, the ZeniMax announcement still sent shock waves across the internet despite it being announced through their social media channels.

I don't think you're the odd one out considering nobody knows anything about the game. I've read some describe it as "Skyrim in space" but it's still hard to picture that. For example, does that mean you'll visit different planets and explore smaller open worlds? Do you have to actually fly there like in No Man's Sky or do you just fast travel there like in Mass Effect? There's so much room for different interpretations, which is why I'm not that excited either quite yet. So hopefully they'll reveal more info at E3!

I'm also interested in seeing how Halo Infinite looks like now one year later. I wonder how much has changed. It does feel like they should be showing a lot of footage for that game now that we've waited an additional year and that the game is coming out very soon.

LtSarge

Grumblevolcano

I think Microsoft will give Halo Infinite a large chunk of time (perhaps around 20 minutes with 3 main goals:

• Convince people that the state of the game is better than how it was last July via another campaign demo, either repeat of the area from last July with better graphics or a new area
  • Reveal multiplayer
  • Something to do with flighting and/or normal beta

Outside Halo Infinite, I think there'll be a focus on 3rd party games coming to Game Pass so you'll see stuff like Ubisoft+ and Battlefield 6 if those rumours turn out to be true. On the 1st party front outside Halo Infinite, I think we'll get some Forza announcement which I'm leaning more towards an update on Motorsport, some Bethesda news (perhaps some details on Starfield), a release date for Flight Sim console and Age of Empires 4 PC as well as big info on what's next for Minecraft (maybe a Series X|S version).

I think the focus will be on the 2nd half of 2021 and 2022 unlike previous Xbox E3 events (previous Xbox E3 events focused on the very far future) to take into account feedback from the July event last year.

Grumblevolcano

Xbox Gamertag: Grumble Volcano

Senua

@Grumblevolcano “which I'm leaning more towards an update on Motorsport”

This E3 will be all about Forza Horizon 5.

Edited on by Senua

Senua

Grumblevolcano

@Senua Even if Horizon 5 does get announced, I think there would still be some info on Motorsport because of the playtest.

Grumblevolcano

Xbox Gamertag: Grumble Volcano

Krzzystuff

@Senua selfishly i hope you are correct as i prefer Horizon to Motorsport. Also the rumours have been all about Horizon and apperently I'm Mexico now. Hopefully this summer lives up to the hype, let's hope they actually nail it this time

Krzzystuff

KilloWertz

@Krzzystuff Same here. Not big on the Motorsport/Gran Turismo style of racing games. Much prefer games like Burnout and Forza Horizon. Obviously they are different styes of racing games, but the open world aspect of both is much preferred, as is the fact that it's not as super realistic either.

It's possible they could have stuff on both, especially since they are doing a closed beta for Motorsport 8 at some point this year, but Horizon 5 is all I care about.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

LtSarge

I'm confused though. The next Forza Motorsport was announced last year, but this year will focus on Forza Horizon 5, which hasn't even been announced yet. So when is the next Motorsport coming out? Surely both games aren't coming out the same year.

LtSarge

Krzzystuff

@LtSarge they just started some testing on Motorsport fir feedback so i don't think it's coming out this year

Krzzystuff

Senua

@LtSarge I think there is a good chance that FH5 will be cross gen.

Edited on by Senua

Senua

LtSarge

@Krzzystuff @Senua Ah okay, that makes sense then. Well it does feel like people like the Horizon games more than Motorsport anyway so I guess it's good that we're getting the next Horizon first before the next Motorsport.

LtSarge

redd214

Forza Horizon News and Xcloud PC public release is all im looking for. I expect them to have some huge, outta left field surprises though!

redd214

LtSarge

So after reading the recent article about Phil Spencer wanting to bring Xbox Cloud Gaming to other consoles (including Nintendo Switch), I was just thinking, wouldn't it be pretty huge if Microsoft announced this during their E3 presentation? I mean, imagine hearing this at an Xbox event: "We're pleased to announce that Xbox Game Pass will be coming to Nintendo Switch". That would be a historical moment for the video game industry if you ask me. Bringing over a service that offers games on your competitor's platform to your own platform is a big deal.

LtSarge

FullbringIchigo

I'm expecting a Devil May Cry 5 type announcement, a game series that hasn't had an entry in ages getting a new one (my personal dream would be Legacy of Kain)

I think we will see a few world premieres too, hopefully one of the none EA Star Wars games 🤞

Halo Infinite will probably make an appearance and of course thete will ne gamrpass stuff too

As for my "so far out there it can't be true" prediction they announce they brought SEGA and are rebranding the console to the SEGA XBOX Series X

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

LtSarge

@FullbringIchigo Given that you're a huge Final Fantasy fan, what are your thoughts on Microsoft potentially announcing at E3 that they've acquired Square Enix? Would that single-handedly convince you to buy a Series X right away?

LtSarge

FullbringIchigo

@LtSarge i'm already going to get a Series X anyway, tracking one down is the hard part right now

But as for if they brought Square personally i wouldn't be bothered if MS, Sony or Nintendo brought them as long as they give Square the resources they need to continue to make the games i love i'm happy either way

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

LtSarge

@FullbringIchigo That's a good way to look at it. Given that Microsoft has a lot of resources, I feel like they would be able to take care of Square Enix more than the other two companies would. Not to mention that SE wouldn't have to worry about pleasing its stakeholders if they were acquired and could focus more on making more creative games.

LtSarge

FullbringIchigo

@LtSarge true and on another note it would give XBOX a boost in the Asian Market, a market XB has had a lot if problems breaking into as they are one of the biggest publishers there

Could be a win-win for both companies actually

Depresso1760

Cheaper, Disc Playable version of Series X? More Exclusives? Forza Horizon 5? Hopes and dreams. I have doubts that they would drop another series in the face of a chip shortage.

Depresso1760

Xbox Gamertag: Depresso1760

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.