Forums

Topic: Pure Xbox Game Club - 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🛢️Still Wakes the Deep🛢️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 (Jul)

Posts 3,141 to 3,160 of 3,538

jedinite

@Balta666 hi and merry New year ✨️. Hope its a great one for all .
Could you tag me in please? Thanks.
Also my game vote of the month is: ROBOCOP.

jedinite

jedinite

@Balta666 thnx for adding me . About my vote I understand. Makes sense. I hesitate to nominate a soulslike lol but ...
My game vote is: LIES OF P.

jedinite

ZeD

Happy New Year game club! Just finishing off Resi 4 (3 chapters to go) and will jump right into this months game!
For next month I vote Ghostwire: Tokyo as most my time will be taken up by Persona 3!

ZeD

Xbox Gamertag: KratosRises3468 | Twitter:

DoomGuy_117

@ZeD The combat gets even better. So fun. Love beating up some Street Thugs.

Channeling my inner Streets Of Rage.

GT - JohnnyUtah61
Nintendo - DarkFalco - SW - 1852-3950-9117

Lavalera

@OldManLopan IKR? There is something oddly satisfying about hitting a thug in the face with a bicycle or board. Kinda makes you feel like the good guy even if you play a "former" yakuza yourself lol.

PSNid: Lavalera

DoomGuy_117

@ZeD Hahah. I went and Played Virtua Fighter 2 and did like 11 side quests.

GT - JohnnyUtah61
Nintendo - DarkFalco - SW - 1852-3950-9117

Balta666

I have now played chapter 1 and unfortunately it has remind me why I am not a fan of the series (I have only played and finished Yakuza zero).
I find the combat quite boring (I am one of those weirdos that prefers turn base to combos), the story and characters are way over the top and the art style is odd (neither looking bad or amazing). I am also not big into minigames, unless I adore them (like Gwent for example). I will most likely finish it but it is not making me want to play more for sure...

[Edited by Balta666]

ralphdibny

@Balta666 I think the combat in all Yakuza games is a bit crap to start off with unfortunately. It gets a lot better once you've upgraded and got loads of moves to choose from. Of course there is a tipping point on the other end of the scale where you have all the moves and there's a couple overpowered moves that make using anything else really inefficient! But there is that sweet spot somewhere in the middle where there's a fair bit of variety.

[Edited by ralphdibny]

See ya!

ralphdibny

Balta666 wrote:

The Akama's point system is fun though

I loved the Akame tune lol. I'd always leave it on that and go and make dinner or food or something while listening to that music in the background

[Edited by ralphdibny]

See ya!

ZeD

9hrs in and just started Chapter 3.
50 Stroll n Patrol Mission done
15 Akame request done

Needless to say, I am really enjoying my self

ZeD

Xbox Gamertag: KratosRises3468 | Twitter:

R1spam

Okay, I know folks have moved on from Dead Space but have just finished today and the closing 3 chapters of that game are so strong! Probably my favourite horror game now. To balance giving you lots of tools to tackle enemies and have dynamic gameplay while still making you dread going into certain areas is such an achievement. I love Resident evil 4 remake but never once was bothered about going into a new area. Ive changed my mind about favourite gun, when its upgraded the force gun shreads necromorphs. How's Dead Space 2 on backwards compatibility??

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

jedinite

Hmm. Ok so I'm a Yakuza virgin. Never played or been interested in the series really. After chatting to a few other gamers I was gonna start with Yakuza 0. In the end decided to go straight in with this title.
Played upto chapter 2 before I realised I'd d/l the wrong Like a Dragon hehe. Its the other one on GP. Good I though, as I'm not really into this. So I d/l The man who erased his name. Booted up and ...
Hmm. Ok so going in fresh I gotta say gfx are so-so, though I do like the variation in NPC walking about. Some of the fighting fx are pretty cool but atm that's few and far between. I was warned of the many cut-scenes but wow. In the first hr of play I had a total of 3 fights and have finally been able to wander about. I think maybe you must have some nostalgia for this series or a genuine love of Japanese stylie games. As a newcomer I just found the characters soo boring and soo atypical.
It's very much like watching a bad anime, or any anime for that matter. The silly sound effects and over the top looks of surprise and gestures don't add anything I feel.
As an example: Small Spoiler but v early in chapter 1:
Wandering around you come across a kid with his ball stuck in a tree and you're tasked with retrieving it. To differentiate between these 'non-essential ' missions and the main quest line, the devs choose to play some dorky tune in the background. Supposed I guess to add a bit of levity but it just sounds and feels like a bad 90s cartoon.
The fights: The first few fights were ok to a degree, nothing special. You do get a nice feel when whalloping bad guys, but there's no skill at all. It's basically a button masher, X X X X X (maybe Y or B) then X X X X X.
The ease of combat imo doesn't marry with the multitude of upgrade options that are thrown at you. I upgraded a dragon kick or something and looked and felt the same. Plus looking over the upgrade routes nothing is really inspiring me to play on.
I'll stick with it awhile more just to see if the convoluted story improves, but am finding it hard to muster the interest.
Honestly if you had just shown me this game with no title and said play it, I'd have said bad GTA clone. Again I'm sure if you're into the culture you'll probably enjoy it more. For me bottomline:
So-so gfx, bad movement, boring fights and a story that's well ... long so far and nothing new. Not for me.

jedinite

Bnasty0303

My first yakuza game. Knew it was going to be good when there was a JID feature in one of the first songs. Some of the repetition in the game my only real knock. Enjoyed it through out all the way to a badass ending. Still have downloaded after beating it to do some side stuff might even go for completion and achievements.

Bnasty0303

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic