Forums

Topic: Pure Xbox Game Club Double Bill - Banjo-Kazooie / Solar Ash (Apr)

Posts 281 to 300 of 3,356

LtSarge

@ralphdibny Oh right, I just remembered that we discussed a while ago when EA Play was added to GPU to potentially play through the Crysis series on Game Club. So maybe we could add Crysis 1 on the list as well? I'm definitely up for playing that game next month as well.

LtSarge

Krzzystuff

@LtSarge I was eying Crysis as well as I've never played it and that bow looks like it could be fun

Krzzystuff

Xbox Gamertag: Krzzystuff

ralphdibny

@LtSarge sweet yeah, could be a good one! See how many votes it gets. Looks like ReCore is the common denominator at the moment but we will see if anyone else replies.

I'll stick Crysis up for votes for the following month if we don't do it next month

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

cracked_seal

Cheers @ralphdibny

I'd vote Wolfenstein New Order, Perfect Death and ReCore as my preferences!

cracked_seal

ralphdibny

@cracked_seal cheers haha I'm googling perfect death like what the hell it doesn't even look like it exists lol. Im guessing you meant perfect Dark?

See ya!

LtSarge

Finished episode 3 of Alan Wake now and this was a very lengthy episode. It was more than twice the length of each of the episodes that came before it (around 4 hours instead of 1.5 hours). Weird how they didn't split the episode into two separate ones, but yeah I definitely had to take a break in between because it just kept going. Anyhow, I believe I'm halfway through the game now since there are six episodes in total. I'm really curious to see how they will spice things up for the second half of the game considering they pretty much exhausted all gameplay mechanics in the second half of episode 3. Mind you I still find the gameplay fun but I can definitely see how it can get stale if they don't introduce any new stuff from here on out.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

ralphdibny

@LtSarge nice to read your thoughts on the game. Sorry I will probably be a bit absent over the next 10 days or so because I have some things to do (I'll still be knocking about on here though) I'm sure other people will join in on the Alan Wake convo before me but I won't have time to bootcamp my Mac and install Alan Wake until the week after next. But then it's on! I'll hopefully have some thoughts to post then!

See ya!

LtSarge

@ralphdibny No worries mate! I'm taking my time with this game anyway and considering I'm also going to play through both DLCs and American Nightmare, I'll still be actively participating in any discussions during the coming weeks. I'm very excited to read everyone's thoughts about it though considering that the game really makes you think and speculate a lot about what's going on. I sort of get the feeling that it will end in a way where not everything will be explained and in that case it would be fun to discuss what it all could mean.

LtSarge

ralphdibny

@LtSarge I've actually seen steam keys for American Nightmare going for less than a couple of quid from those cdkeys style websites. I might pick it up if I'm successful with installing windows on my Mac

See ya!

LtSarge

Finished episode 4 yesterday. Gotta be honest, while the game isn't introducing new mechanics anymore, it still manages to keep your interest up throughout the entire episode. I think that's due to the different settings and just the overall supernatural elements. Like even though the game takes place in the same town, you still visit places that are rather distinct from each other and I like that. I also really like that the game has the atmosphere and creepiness of a horror game, but for the most part it doesn't go for jump scares. Even though I love horror games, sometimes I feel like I just want to explore these dark and abandoned places without people trying to scare me. Games that do this, like Alan Wake, are certainly very rare, so I feel like it's wonderful whenever you get to experience one.

So yeah, now that I'm on episode 5, I feel like I'm very close to reaching the end of the game now. I'm very interested to see how it will all wrap up even though I definitely want to play more of it. I guess it's good then that there's DLC!

LtSarge

LtSarge

Just finished episode 5. You know, I have been pretty dismissive about the songs that play at the end of each episode. I mentioned it in an earlier post that you can skip them and that's what I did for the first episode's ending song. But then I heard the second episode's and the fourth's and fifth's songs and I realised just how amazing and fitting these songs were. This game seriously has a dope soundtrack, so definitely listen to them at the end of each episode!

Anyway, this episode was seriously very trippy. It's hard to wrap my head around all the explanations to what's going on, lol. Really excited now to play the last episode!

LtSarge

Krzzystuff

I'm looking forward to starting this. Deliver us the moon pushed it back as its leaving gamepass soon but after that I'm jumping in. Glad you're enjoying it @LtSarge

Edited on by Krzzystuff

Krzzystuff

Xbox Gamertag: Krzzystuff

LtSarge

@Krzzystuff Thanks mate. Yeah I completely understand, Deliver Us The Moon is such an amazing game so definitely play through it first before it's gone!

LtSarge

ralphdibny

@LtSarge I remember the soundtrack being quite notable when I saw my mate play bits of it when the game first came out on 360. Definitely some hits in there!

See ya!

Mundaney

Prey, Dishonored, or Doom Eternal. Been wanting to play them all. I'm pretty sure Prey is one I'll be playing soon regardless.

"The only me is me. Are you sure the only you is you?"

Mr-Fuggles777

Just finished the first chapter and I had genuinely forgotten how good this game is.

I think its helped that we have just picked up a new soundbar (the old has been struggling for a while, I'm sure we blew a speaker one night having a 2 person mosh pit lol) and the soundtrack on this amazing - playing in the dark with the speakers up was pretty tense (I jumped at one point when a shadow lumberjack popped up at the side of me).

With no Power, comes no Responsibility!

Xbox Gamertag: SGG BADGER

LtSarge

@Mr-Fuggles777 Yeah I mentioned in an earlier post that I didn't encounter many jump scares but the ones that did occur really were quite unexpected, lol. Because at a certain point you'll just anticipate the enemies coming in groups but there will be moments where there's just one enemy and you'll have no idea that he's waiting for you. The enemy placements are really good, not gonna lie.

LtSarge

LtSarge

Just finished Alan Wake. What a phenomenal game! The ending was very good and I see now why people have been wanting a sequel for such a long time. Really hope the rumour that Remedy is making Alan Wake 2 is true now.

Anyway, I've already shared the majority of my thoughts on the game. But to summarise, I thought it had excellent gameplay, great story-telling, amazing soundtrack, lots of collectibles to find and a wide cast of interesting characters. This game was truly ahead of its time and it doesn't receive enough praise for that.

I really liked the achievement list as well. It felt like you were constantly getting lots of achievements during every episode and that's because most of them are tied to doing specific things a certain amount of time, such as killing enemies with the revolver or the shotgun. I finished the game with 620 G which I think is pretty good considering a good chunk of the achievements are dedicated to finding collectibles and doing specific objectives that are rather challenging. Will at least be getting more gamerscore from the DLCs!

All in all, I'm glad that I've finally experienced this highly regarded game. It's been in my backlog for such a long time and once again, I probably wouldn't have had the motivation to play it without Game Club. Looking forward to playing through the two DLCs and American Nightmare next!

LtSarge

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic