Forums

Topic: Pure Xbox Game Club Double Bill - Banjo-Kazooie / Solar Ash (Apr)

Posts 2,621 to 2,640 of 3,356

ralphdibny

@R1spam no worries mate. Enjoy the sun, Chun and Ganondorf's man bun! Epic trio! 😅

See ya!

ralphdibny

@AgentCooper I think achievements used to be a bigger draw back in the 360 era when MS were the only people doing it (until Sony followed suit). I'm guessing here but I suspect the mass migration over to PS4 (here in the UK anyway) probably led to dwindling xbox friends lists to compare sizes with. I think Sony do have a slightly more refined and challenging system to up the score number that actually gets compared, so maybe there's some psychology at work there too

See ya!

ralphdibny

I'll be updating this thread to Halo combat evolved a little bit later!

See ya!

ralphdibny

@Balta666 I think you can iirc. Or maybe it downloads like one game and then you can open the app and download the rest. See if you can download it and once it's downloaded enough for you to start the game, go in to the app and customise what actually gets downloaded

Not sure though, I might be talking out of my bottom

See ya!

ralphdibny

Hi all! This month's game is Halo: Combat Evolved.

That's right, the original Halo game that put Xbox on the map.

The remastered version of this game (Halo:CE Anniversary) is included in Halo: The Master Chief Collection which is available on Xbox Game Pass.

I don't think the original Xbox game is forwards compatible with One/Series consoles - something to do with splitting the online player base? But with a simple tap of the (button with two boxes to the left of the menu button - would have been called Select on old timey consoles 😂) you can switch to retro graphics if you so wish. Well sort of, it switches it to the enhanced PC ports original graphics so it is different to the OG Xbox version.

Of course, you could just dust off that original Xbox and play it on that if you like! Or PC, whatever floats your boat!

Please use spoiler tags when discussing spoilerish moments of the game. You do so by typing your spoiler between spoiler tags like this: [spoiler]insert message here[ /spoiler] and removing the space between [ and /

Some HLTB Stats:

Original game:

Main Story - 10 Hours
Main + Extras - 11 Hours
Completionist - 13½ Hours

Anniversary Edition:
Main Story - 10 Hours
Main + Extras - 12 Hours
Completionist - 23 Hours

Tag list, please tag me and let me know if you want to be added or removed. I think I've picked up everyone who joined this month but please just post and tag me @ralphdibny to let me know if I've missed you or if you want to join!

Also please let me know if you change your username, I might not notice and you won't get the notification (equally let me know if you have changed your username to get away from the notifications and I will delete you off the tag list 😆)

@Tothington91 @MAC26 @XBontendo @Justifier @Tjuz @nessisonett @crippyd @Krzzystuff @sib @LeanerFasterStronger @cracked_seal @Mr-Fuggles777 @Mundaney @KilloWertz @antifyre @Magabro @themightyant @ZeD @K1LLEGAL @Balta666 @Bmartin001 @Banjo- @R1spam @lookupmore @Lavalera @frabbit @FraserG @WCB @TooBarFoo @SeriousSatan @xMightyMatt14x @BaldBelper78 @TuckNorris85 @Grail_Quest @Jsb5150 @Mamabear @liljazzy2 @Dydreamr @XFinest_KnightX @Elufachi @Amical @Supermutant @revluke @Akropolon @olskoolSEGA @HarmanSmith @Dr_Devious04 @EliteSlayer @GamingFan4Lyf @Pepa27 @MaxC @NintendoByNature @ralphdibny @Captain_Chozo @HelloCraig @BlackMayge @AgentCooper @kyleforrester87 @RDDMarston

Ok so now, votes for next month.

• Tag me in a post with your vote(s). (Just hit reply on one of my posts or write @ralphdibny)
  • Write your votes in bold (put two asterisks around it) and try and keep it separate from any paragraphs.
  • One line will do, "My vote is such and such a game(s)"
  • Feel free to make the post longer but try and keep the actual vote separate from the main body of the text and at the top of the post next to my tag @ralphdibny
  • Vote for as many games as you like!

The votes reset every month and start from Zero. Feel free to suggest new games and I will add them to the list and count your vote toward it!

Amnesia Collection - 1 (rdibz,
Amnesia The Bunker - 1 (LFS,
Brutal Legend -
Chicory: A Colourful Tale - 1 (NBN,
Conker's Bad Fur Day/Live & Reloaded -
Crackdown 3 -
Crysis - 1 (rdibz,
Fable Anniversary -
Goldeneye - 1 (rdibz,
Ghost wire Tokyo -
It takes two -
Kameo: Elements of Power -
Legend of Tian Ding -
Ori and the Will of the Wisps -
Perfect Dark - 4 (rdibz, balta, mghtynt, hllcrg,
Rage -
Return to Monkey Island -
Scorn -
Signalis -
Somerville -
Soul Hackers 2 -
Sunset Overdrive - 1 (rdibz
The Gunk -
Trek to Yomi -
Tunic -
Unravel - 3 (balta, rdibz, coop,
Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty -

If you have another game you'd like added to the list then let me know and I will add it with a vote from you!

I will link to this post in my signature so you can just click on my signature down below to get back to this post and see the list of games and current votes!

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

themightyant

Glad to hear some others enjoyed Redfall more than most reviews and the discourse. I will get around to playing it in due course, was always going to wait for 60fps and patches even before the reviews.

@ralphdibny Unfortunately i'm still going to be out for several months, so I won't vote, Zelda's got it's claws into me now, then i'm on holiday. Plus I mentioned a few things have changed here and have less time to game. Happy to stay on the list and enjoy the discourse but I likely won't be playing along with Game Club for a while, and then it's Starfield in 3 months!

Edited on by themightyant

themightyant

crippyd

What a great game Halo is! I have played through this many times, completing it on solo Legendary on all of the consoles its available on, from the OG right up to Series X, and this is the game that got me into the Xbox ecosystem way back on the OG. However, I won't be playing through it again this month as I'm still trying to finish off Gears from last month and I've got a few other games that need some attention.

Go smash them Covernant, PX community!

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

GamingFan4Lyf

Doesn't the Master Chief Collection run at 120Hz on Series X|S (assuming you have a TV for it)?

My Nintendo: Daemonrunner
PlayStation Network: Bioflare
Steam: Bioflare

Xbox Gamertag: Bioflare

ralphdibny

@Balta666 haha not sure I'd call that an Easter egg, more a symptom of rampant copy and pasting lol. Cheers for the catch anyway it's changed now

See ya!

ralphdibny

I think I'm going to throw some votes in for July to get things started...

@ralphdibny I'll vote for:

Amnesia Collection
Crysis
Goldeneye
Perfect Dark
Sunset Overdrive

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

GamingFan4Lyf

@Balta666 They certainly take some...getting used to.

But yeah, overall, terrible vehicle controls!

My Nintendo: Daemonrunner
PlayStation Network: Bioflare
Steam: Bioflare

Xbox Gamertag: Bioflare

ralphdibny

@Balta666 haha yeah and I don't feel like they changed much over the rest of the series. Could be wrong though. I think the idea behind them is that it's supposed to facilitate shooting once you get a vehicle that has a mounted weapon that you can control while driving. A lot of the enemy vehicles are like that

I think my favourite vehicle in the series is the enemy gliding bike thing, might be called a Ghost or something? Not the one with the big wheel but the small one that allows you to strafe around enemies and just fire at them for ages.

I think my favourite good guy vehicle is probably just one of the trucks that you can load up with soldiers just because you can plow through places running people over while the soldiers shoot the other enemies

See ya!

themightyant

@Balta666 I'm one of the few that loved the floaty controls of the Warthog in particular, but only because it felt like a challenge to drive in a straight line. Had it played like Forza it wouldn't have been half so thrilling. Though there is a moment later in the game where I was cursing... repeatedly

themightyant

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic