Forums

Topic: Pure Xbox Game Club - Rise of the Tomb Raider (May)

Posts 2,561 to 2,580 of 3,399

GamingFan4Lyf

@NintendoByNature I don't know if Missions are dynamic between runs but if you want a small hint:

It's in a house in the yellow circled area

My Nintendo: Daemonrunner
PlayStation Network: Bioflare
Steam: Bioflare

Xbox Gamertag: Bioflare

NintendoByNature

@Sebatrox I haven't but I will check it out. I do find myself running out of ammo quickly as well. I check all nooks and crannies too.

NintendoByNature

GamingFan4Lyf

@Sebatrox Stake guns are insane! I think the current one I have does 2400 damage. I save it for tougher enemies since I can only hold 9 Stakes at the moment. UV Guns are my main Vampire Killer [take that Simon Belmont].

@NintendoByNature Have you been doing the ammunition amount upgrades for your character?

GamingFan4Lyf

@Sebatrox I am at a point where I can move on to the next area, but I am looking for Grave Locks. I found out I am locked out of one because it was only available during a mission.

Bundersvessel

@GamingFan4Lyf They can be ridiculously overpowered, I disposed of the first underboss in one shot, almost laughable.

Bundersvessel

GamingFan4Lyf

@Sebatrox This particular Grave Lock is located at:

Dr. Hunt's garage. I already completed his Missions but now his garage is locked out. I think this could easily be fixed with a patch, though. I mean, I believe you have to pick the lock during the mission, so Arkane could either leave it open after the mission is complete or allow the garage door to be opened. Or just require a lockpick any time you want it open.

NintendoByNature

I'm finally getting the hang of it. And I have to say, it's alot more fun than I expected. Especially after hearing the negative reviews and responses. I've locked down some safe houses, defeated some under bosses, and tried out some new weapons.

I do have a question though. Is the only way to progress to the next area through getting safe houses and doing the missions for each? Then once you've done all of them, I'm assuming you fight a big boss before going to the next area?

I just left off at the part where you find the rally, and I'm not equipped just yet. I need alot more ammo before heading in.

NintendoByNature

GamingFan4Lyf

@NintendoByNature You don't have to do all of Safe houses.

You only need 3 underboss skulls. But I have found that there are cosmetics you can unlock with underboss skulls in special areas on the map.

That's the sad thing about the game.

Yes, right now there are some issues that need ironing out. But I noticed that even in the few reviews I have read that had negative things to say about graphics, controls, shoddy AI have all said they still have fun with the game (despite giving it a low review score). So....isn't the point of a video game to have fun?!

Edited on by GamingFan4Lyf

NintendoByNature

@GamingFan4Lyf ok good to know. I probably missed that somewhere in the beginning.

Yea man, the game is actually pretty fun. The gameplay loop is fairly enjoyable, and weapons feel really effective. Especially the shotgun.

NintendoByNature

GamingFan4Lyf

@NintendoByNature You didn't miss anything because it doesn't tell you until you get to the proper point in the game - lol!

It just so happens that I did all the side stuff (I think anyways) before progressing main story and...well...already met what I needed to meet.

I still haven't transitioned areas, yet.

kyleforrester87

@ralphdibny sorry it took so long to reply. Certainly, no problem tagging me in anything whenever and wherever you want - hard to say I will have a clear docket to get involved, but by all means. Cheers!

kyleforrester87

NintendoByNature

@GamingFan4Lyf I did a 3rd underboss last night and I didn't see any markers where I could progress to a new area. The only marker is that big red 'X' but I wasn't able to actually go through the tunnel.

I just found another safe house. I'll do the mission and underboss tonight and see if I can progress after.

NintendoByNature

GamingFan4Lyf

@NintendoByNature So...

In order to fight the boss of the first area you need to progress the main story. But in order to access his area once unlocked, you need Underboss skulls

GamingFan4Lyf

@NintendoByNature LOL! There you go.

Rip and Tear until it is done.

Wait...wrong game.