Forums

Topic: Pure Xbox Game Club - Rise of the Tomb Raider (May)

Posts 2,541 to 2,560 of 3,381

NintendoByNature

Played a good hour or so..not sure what to think of it just yet.

NintendoByNature

ralphdibny

@antdickens ah wicked thanks! 😀

It does seem a bit inconsistent because AgentCooper tagged me in a big list on the PushSquare game club but I still got a notification for it 🤷‍♂️

But yeah, all good. Cheers for doing that, much appreciated! Let me know if you need to change it or anything please

I'll try and use these new powers only for the good of Hookshot.

even though 100 people is a good base for a pyramid scheme - joking of course!!!

See ya!

ralphdibny

@Sebatrox with the above in mind, would you like to be added to the tag list for this thread?

@kyleforrester87 same to you or do you Wana wait until you have an Xbox? Can participate on any platform to be honest. Says so in Post #1!

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

NoblePanda78

I'm really enjoying Redfall! I chose Jacob and have found cloak to be super clutch, helping me get the drop on enemies and make a quick escape if I bite off more than I can chew. I just got my first revolver, so looking forward to sneaking around putting bullets in vampire's skulls with it.

I still think it's dumb how co-op only progresses the story for the host, but I'd love to try co-op with someone!

Redfall really doesn't deserve the hate it gets. I'd say it's a sold 7 or 7.5 and can easily see that climbing to an 8. I think what we have here is an example of the anti-Xbox bias at work. It's the first big AAA Xbox exclusive release from Bethesda so people want it to fail.

"And that's how Equestria was made!"-Pinke Pie

GamingFan4Lyf

@NoblePanda78 While I am starting to see bugs in the AI, and lack of 60fps is a shame - I agree that I think the game is getting a bad rap. Then again, I also didn't pay $70 for it.

I keep seeing people calling it "Destiny" or a "looter-shooter". Heck, I don't feel this is a multi-player focused game at all. I see it as a single player game where you can get help from your friends - much like a Souls title or something (only not quite as seamless). Co-op in Souls doesn't save your progress either (only the hosts).

As far as loot - this isn't a looter shooter. Yes there are gun levels. But you start to notice that as long as you are grabbing weapons that are your level (or a level higher), you will get "stronger" as time goes on. Find the weapon type you like and ignore the rest of the weapons and use them for salvage.

Over time I have replaced Purple weapons with Blue weapons and sometimes even Orange with Blue as it got to a point where the level far out-paced the rarity and it didn't make sense to keep a high rarity weapon "just because".

I haven't really done a huge amount of Vampire Nests to know if they are decent enough for loot. I know they have some loot at the end, but I more see taking out nests an essential part of keeping a second free from powered up vampires.

I am a little disappointed about the town being empty for a lot of times. I do hope that Arkane finds a way to add mobs around the map.

I thought during some developer deep dive or preview or something it sounded like the world was supposed to be dynamic in nature where you might have encounters sprinkled throughout the map. If that's the case, that is broken right now as there isn't much to encounter except the occasional vampire and red mist things.

I do think a little more time in the cooker would have helped improve the reception. The game doesn't tread any new ground per se, but the gameplay loop is entertaining. A little extra polish would've gone a long way!

Edited on by GamingFan4Lyf

My Nintendo: Daemonrunner
PlayStation Network: Bioflare
Steam: Bioflare

Xbox Gamertag: Bioflare

GamingFan4Lyf

@themightyant The patch to fix the 95% bug dropped.

I just finished the game and got all the Achievements.

themightyant

@GamingFan4Lyf indeed! It also put my save back for the second time this time for 3-4 hours! FFS! Had to go back to where you are in the loop in limbo to get he book back and you lose your powers. Especially annoying as I had spent an hour or two clearing parts of the map. Grinds my gears and leaves a bitter taste about the game

themightyant

ralphdibny

@NoblePanda78 I don't think I have you on the tag list, do you Wana be put on there and join the game club in future months?

See ya!

themightyant

@Balta666 I’m slow. Always at least 1.5x whatever others take. I think I hit 15-20 hours for the 1000gs, including 2 crashes that put my save back, but I have it now. Good game but flawed, far more memorable than most though.

themightyant

GamingFan4Lyf

@themightyant ouch! I never had a single problem with my saves. Are you using Quick Resume?

I save and quit in the game menu (but I have trust issues - lol)

themightyant

@GamingFan4Lyf the first one was on quick resume but it should have gone back to an auto-save. The problem is quite widespread on this game judging from forums. After that I was manually closing the game each time. The second time was with this latest update. Clicked continue and couldn’t believe how far back I was. Thankfully playing through a second time didn’t take as long once I knew what I was doing.

@Balta666 I’m pretty stubborn and don’t like to give in, often to a fault.

Anyway I’ve distracted from the Game Club chat long enough. I’d still recommend trying Benedict Fox despite all its flaws. But I’d wait for a few more patches!

Enjoy Redfall.

Edited on by themightyant

themightyant

Bundersvessel

Am I missing something or does quick resume just not work with this title? I’m always at the start menu and then loads at the fire station. Same for dying, always back to the fire station apart from if I’ve just found a fast travel point, next time though, you guessed it back to the bloody fire station.

NintendoByNature

@AgentCooper man I dk. It's ticking me off though. Quick resume doesn't work. And I lose progress all the time. I've had to restart a mission multiple times( triangulate antenna mission) since I haven't found the "source" yet. Really bugging me honestly.

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic