Forums

Topic: Pure Xbox Game Club Double Bill - Banjo-Kazooie / Solar Ash (Apr)

Posts 2,201 to 2,220 of 3,365

ralphdibny

@Balta666 ah fair play, I thought I'd ask because sandbox can mean a couple of things depending on who's using it. I remember it used to be another term for "open world" but now I think it more means areas that you can approach in multitudes of ways which can be an open world but could also mean much smaller areas.

It's a bit like shoot-em-up here in the UK. Back in the 90s, it was used to describe what would now be called a FPS rather than (or as well as) a horizontally or vertically scrolling shooter or "bullet hell" game. Same with beat-em-up which was alternately used to describe a fighting game like Street Fighter II or a side scrolling "belt action" game like Streets of Rage. I think both words stuck with the latter "scrolling" genres that I described though.

@Lavalera fair play. I hope you are well and best wishes to you. If you wana chat about anything (in confidence), let me know and I'll give you an add on PSN and/or XBL. Wishing you the best mate.

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

Lavalera

@Balta666 @ralphdibny Thanks guys really appreciate it Happy to see the community on the forums here (and on Push) as well is generally so friendly and understanding.

PSNid: Lavalera

R1spam

@Lavalera take care and hope you enjoy the game when you get to it 👍

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

R1spam

@ralphdibny @Balta666 I always think about it as an environment in the game where it will let you play how you want with a lot of variety in how you can achieve your goal. It's not open world, it feels A LOT like dishonored in that there are underground tunnels connecting different areas.

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

themightyant

I finally got back round to a bit more Deathloop. Frankly IRL stuff means I haven't played much this month yet, and the next few weeks seem super busy too, so i'm 100% not going to finish it this month so i'm not going to rush it.

I actually ended up starting again (I was only a few hours in) and rushing through those early bits. I am up to the point where you have completed the first full loop and am exploring the areas again on my second loop.

I have mixed views so far.

I love the world, the setting, the general idea of the game, but so far it hasn't quite clicked. They throw a lot of different ideas at you, but it also limits what you can do, and I don't fully feel in control yet and the game seems to be fighting how I want to play. E.g.

They seem to rush you through each area very quickly at the beginning, go to area A do just one thing, go to area B do just one thing, go to area C etc. until 1 full day/loop is done. I understand WHY they do this, they want to show that you aren't locked to one loop, don't be afraid of it, use it to your advantage. At the same time that is completely counter to how I usually play games. I like to explore, I want to find secrets and surprises, check EVERY corner, pick up everything etc. So I went off piste and explored the world before finally having the initial showdown with Juliana and getting your first power, basically the same as Dishonored's Blink

At that point I felt I was just getting to grips with the game, was excited to see how the power would adapt how I played the game, but then they pulled the rug out from under me and removed all the things I had picked up including that power which I had only used once or twice. Honestly I felt a bit cheated.

Enjoying it, intrigued, but also a little frustrated right now. (Also had a hard crash which lost about 10-20 mins of progression as it only saves at the beginning of each area, which didn't help, though I replayed that much more quickly second time around)

themightyant

themightyant

@Balta666 I see you had crashes on Deathloop too. Was super frustrating and just looking online seems a common problem. Especially annoying as it only saves at the beginning of each area which means you could lose a lot of time.

themightyant

themightyant

Hi everyone, just filling in for @ralphdibny. Anyone else got votes for February's game?

The stalemate is broken. Currently the game for Feb is Hi-Fi Rush with 3 votes. The votes so far.

Hi-Fi Rush (3) - FraserG, xMightyMatt14x, Ryu_Niiyama
Return to monkey Island (2) - R1spam, themightyant
Ninja Gaiden Sigma (2) - HarmanSmith - Balta666
Signalis (2) - R1spam, Clankylad
Goldeneye (2) - Balta666, Banjo-
The Gunk - GamingFan4Lyf
Kameo - HarmanSmith
Maneater - themightyant
Undertale - Balta666

Secondly does anyone else have thoughts on Deahtloop?

@Tothington91 @MAC26 @XBontendo @Justifier @Tjuz @nessisonett @crippyd @Krzzystuff @sib @Ryu_Niiyama @LeanerFasterStronger @cracked_seal @Mr-Fuggles777 @Mundaney @KilloWertz @antifyre @Magabro @themightyant @ZeD @K1LLEGAL @Balta666 @Bmartin001 @Banjo- @R1spam @lookupmore @Dusk_Actual @Lavalera @frabbit @FraserG @WCB @TooBarFoo @SeriousSatan @xMightyMatt14x @Clankylad @BaldBelper78 @TuckNorris85 @Grail_Quest @Jsb5150 @Mamabear @liljazzy2 @Dydreamr @XFinest_KnightX @Elufachi @Amical @Supermutant @revluke @Akropolon @olskoolSEGA @HarmanSmith @Dr_Devious04 @EliteSlayer @GamingFan4Lyf

Edited on by themightyant

themightyant

Lavalera

@themightyant I won't vote for February since my gaming schedule is already way to full for that month with Hogwarts Legacy and Like a Dragon Ishin releasing and I'm still finishing up Sword and Fairy 7, One Piece Odyssey and Marvels Midnight Suns. So i probably won't join for March either. I will vote again when I am sure i actually have time for the game i vote for

PSNid: Lavalera

themightyant

@FraserG Of course, strong choice, added.

@Lavalera No worries, I feel your pain. Too much to play, too little time... and a little thing called real life tearing us from these virtual worlds. Enjoy!

themightyant

themightyant

@Balta666 Deathloop crashes: Yes it's annoying. It was already quite a frustrating beginning imho but this made it worse! Hoping it will click soon and I will love it, as I have done with all Arkane's previous games. But they all felt more approachable, 15-30 mins and I was engrossed. Here around 3 hours in and not sold yet.

No worries, you covered last month, I said i'd stepup this one, but good to know we have great support here as always. Sorry you had counted already, was also going to wait till the end of the week, but the count seemed a little short, we needed a nudge.

@Clankylad Appreciated but careful with spoilers please, trying to go through as blind as possible.

Signalis another strong choice. Added, now a three way tie, now need someone to break the deadlock!

themightyant

themightyant

@Clankylad Thanks. It's not a big deal, just a warning that many consider things spoilers that others don't. Always best to be over-cautious and use the spoiler tags here if possible.

[ spoiler]TEXT HIDDEN[/ spoiler] (just remove the spaces at the start and close of the tags)

themightyant

Ryu_Niiyama

Hi Fi Rush vote here.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

Xbox Gamertag: Ryu Niiyama

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic