Forums

Topic: Pure Xbox Game Club Double Bill - Banjo-Kazooie / Solar Ash (Apr)

Posts 201 to 220 of 3,376

LtSarge

@Krzzystuff Yeah I noticed that too, it's really cool. Even one of the titan's abilities where you can catch bullets in the air and send them back is like something you'd see in Star Wars, lol.

LtSarge

Krzzystuff

Played some more multiplayer and it's freaking great. I'll definitely be keeping this one on the SSD after the campaign. Might be eating up a bunch of my time.... gotta get Fallen Order finished so I'm not lost on the story and controls after a long break away.

Krzzystuff

Xbox Gamertag: Krzzystuff

Krzzystuff

Just finished the campaign on normal difficulty. Story was very good and really enjoyed the Titan as a character. Overall a great solo experience as the controls felt good, smooth gunplay and Titan combat was fun. As a cherry on top to the campaign the multilayer is fantastic as well an I'll be playing that for some time yet.

Edited on by Krzzystuff

Krzzystuff

crippyd

I'll be hitting this up at some point as I bought it in a sale for about £4 ages ago and I've not played it yet.

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

Mr-Fuggles777

Just downloading Titanfall now I've completed Ori 2 which hit me way to much in the feels, that ending was like a gut punch

Can I nominate Vermintide 2 for next month's votr as well.

Edited on by Mr-Fuggles777

With no Power, comes no Responsibility!

Xbox Gamertag: SGG BADGER

ralphdibny

I enjoyed Titanfall 2, not sure how much I have to say about it really. My initial impression of the multiplayer was that it was accessible. For somebody who doesn't play online shooters, I managed to be on the winning team both times I tried it. I also got a fair few kills in with minimal deaths. That's in comparison to trying out something like Call of Duty where you'd log on, go to kill someone and get taken out before you even have a chance. Spending time getting no kills and being killed a lot is not very inviting or fun so Titanfall 2 is a complete breath of fresh air in that regard.

I liked the campaign, the movement didn't seem as dynamic as it was in the multiplayer or at least it wasn't as necessarily so playing on regular difficulty. I don't remember getting that grapnel cable in the campaign either as that was quite a neat part of the MP.

One level of the campaign really stood out in terms of mechanics, I think it was level 5 where you experience time jumps and then gain the ability to control them. To be honest, it started off interesting if not exceptional and I suppose warping back and forth through time to avoid enemies made it a bit easier to get through. The part that really stood out for me though was jumping down that air vent, jumping through time to avoid the fans and other obstacles. Unfortunately it was the only part of the game that was like that so I'd really appreciate more sections like that, generally a mixture of puzzle and platformer.

I quite liked the Optimus Prime/Iron Giant vibe that you get from your bond with BT. It's obvious they leaned on those two sources for inspiration. Optimus Prime for the voice and Iron Giant for the relationship. BT's various deaths certainly got me emotionally so I think the developers were successful in creating that bond!

See ya!

ralphdibny

Posting replies in a separate post so people don't see the spoilers in their notification e mail.

@Krzzystuff nice one! I think the graphics are pretty good. I've noted your choice for Alan Wake and Recore

I noticed the similarities to Fallen Order too, I'm not sure if it adds to this game or takes away from Fallen Order. Who would have thought the mechanics of a stylish military shooter would translate so well to the force abilities of a Jedi in a 3D Metroidvania-esque melee combat game! Well done on beating the game

@Mr-Fuggles777 the achievements certainly seem achievable! I guess it depends on how hard the increased difficulty is. I ended my campaign and one game of multiplayer on PS4 with 64% trophies and the remaining ones don't look too hard. I've noted your choice for Alan wake and Vermintide 2 (that's a Warhammer game isn't it?)

@LtSarge Recore sounds interesting, I'll have to look into it a bit further. I'm possibly more keen on Alan Wake at the moment as it's been in the pipeline since the first game club, either way I've noted both of your choices!

I really enjoy the stylish kills too, I think I favoured the scoped weapons though. I think the tutorial demonstrated it better than the main game because the dummies die in one hit as opposed to the couple hits it takes down a real enemy. I'll have to try out the shotguns if I dip in again if the enemies go down as easy as you say they do with it!

@dmcc0 nice one, good to read your thoughts on the game anyway. Hopefully you get some time to join in on April's game!

@LeanerFasterStronger no problem! I really Wana give perfect Dark a go at some point. I've played a few up-rezzed N64 ports lately like Turok, Star wars Episode 1 Racer and Doom 64 and I have to say that they've all been brilliant. I really like all of the crisp yet muddy textures. I know that's a complete oxymoron but I think the old textures look really good in HD. Also these ports have done away with that dodgy fog that hides (or is) the draw distance limit on the original hardware. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on Titanfall 2 if you get around to playing it!

@cracked_seal yeah do what you can, there's no obligation to play or finish any of the games. I've sat out a few games in this club and the push Square one too. And I've dropped out mid game if I just wasnt clicking with the game too. No worries either way.

I think Titanfall 2 is the sort of game where it's better to revisit to mop up the trophies/achievements anyway. That speed run one at least will be easier once you become more familiar with the mechanics of the game.

@crippyd nice one, looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it!

Votes for next month game (including my own votes) currently stand at:

Alan Wake - 4 (myself, Krzzystuff, Sarge and Fuggles)
Perfect Dark - 2 (myself, Leanerfasterstronger)
ReCore - 2 (Krzzystuff and Sarge)
Vermintide - 1 (Fuggles)
Ori Will of the Wisps - 1 (myself)

See ya!

crippyd

I had a short go on Titanfall 2 last night and it seems OK. I'm only on the very first level and I can't seem to find my way. I haven't even collected the battery yet so this doesn't bode well.

For next month I'll stick a vote in for Alan Wake and ReCore. Is Alan Wake on GP or has it been GwG?

crippyd

LtSarge

@crippyd Just to be sure, you are using wall running in order to move forward, right? As long as you have the objective marker point you in the right direction then all there's left is to wall run there.

And yeah Alan Wake is on GP since I believe it's a first-party title (just like Quantum Break).

LtSarge

crippyd

@LtSarge Yeah, I've got to a bit with some troops being attacked by the lizard things and the drones firing at me and then get a message about hacking something by pressing X although I'm not sure what I can hack and I died. I'll give it a go tonight or over the weekend to see where I can get to.

crippyd

ralphdibny

@crippyd I can't even remember the hacking bit, can you remember @LtSarge? Do you hack a drone or just some door or satellite dish as an objective or something?

But yeah, as Sarge says, follow the waypoint! When the enemies come, jump a lot and hide behind cover and come out and shoot them when you have a decent amount of health

See ya!

LtSarge

@ralphdibny I can't either, it's been almost a week since I played the game last.

I was going to play more of it this weekend but other stuff have come up and I'm not sure anymore. I'll definitely be able to play a bit on Monday though.

LtSarge

crippyd

Thanks for the input guys. I spent a bit more time on it and have got the titan online. I was just having a hard time getting into it the other day.

crippyd

LtSarge

So I just finished the second level in Titanfall 2 and man the gameplay is seriously so much fun once you get the hang of the controls and mechanics. For example, there are a bunch of enemies firing straight at you, so you go around from the side and wall run, jump towards them and kill them one by one with the shotgun. It's satisfying as hell. I can't believe you never tried it out @ralphdibny, the shotgun in this game is awesome! It makes you spend less time shooting at one single individual, which in turn keeps the flow of the gameplay going without ever slowing down.

I'm also loving that there's so much wall running and platforming in order to get to your destination. It's implemented really well so that you can flank your enemies very easily, especially if you have the shotgun. This is genuinely one of the most fluid and fun military shooters I've ever played. It has a constant level of momentum to it that I'm absolutely loving. Can't wait to play more soon!

LtSarge

ralphdibny

@crippyd ahh nice one! I hate it when I start a game and it's just a crap day for it. I'll normally give it a go another day and decide if it's good or bad then but by that point I'll be too far into the game to not go the extra mile and finish it!

I've been playing Borderlands 1 for the first time, it's really not my cup of tea. I like the world and the characters but I find that comparing all the guns and items and going back to sell them is really tedious. However I believe I'm most of the way through it now so I have to stick it out!

@LtSarge haha nice, you are really tempting me to dip back in. I could do try it out again for the platinum maybe. Borderlands has been taking up all my time though! I think I've said before that platformers are my favourite genre, possibly tied with puzzle games so I love it when a game has really smooth movement. I think that's why level 5 (I think?) stood out for me because it dipped it's toes in the shallow end of being a puzzler too.

See ya!

LtSarge

@ralphdibny I'm not quite sure if I've already done level 5 or not is it the one where you have to get through an artificial town vertically by platforming and finding the right way?.

@crippyd I also realised that if you need help finding where to go, there should be these "ghostrunner" things scattered around where the game shows you where you can wall run. In case you ever get stuck that is.

LtSarge

ralphdibny

@LtSarge that's not the one I was talking about but that was a good one as well! I was trying to keep track of the level numbers/order so I could talk about them but I may have made a mistake

See ya!

Mr-Fuggles777

I've been playing through on Master difficulty and I'm not enjoying it.
The enemy AI feels a little unbalanced - to the point they can track you even when cloaked and there are often way too many in an area to try any fancy wall running and flanking.
I'm on the stage where you are fighting in the flat pack town, killed all of the mechs but can't get out as there's too many by the door and the specter keep flanking me as I'm trying to pick them off - even when I cloaked and change positions constantly.
Its a shame as the 1 on 1 titan fights feel genuinely epic and really well balanced.

With no Power, comes no Responsibility!

Xbox Gamertag: SGG BADGER

LtSarge

Wow, I just got done with a couple of more missions and now I'm starting to understand why people love the campaign so much. This felt much different than anything before! Very interesting take on an FPS and it definitely added some fun puzzle elements. I remember hearing about a "cool section" of the game some time ago and I think this was it. Very cool indeed!

LtSarge

Krzzystuff

@LtSarge yeah the game as a whole was really fun and had a good feeling about the weapons and movement and gotta love that Titan. The multiplayer is also pretty easy to pick up and always rewarding to get your Titan. Might jump on for a few rounds after I'm done my late night work.

Edited on by Krzzystuff

Krzzystuff

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic