Forums

Topic: Pure Xbox Game Club - Rise of the Tomb Raider (May)

Posts 1,941 to 1,960 of 3,403

Lavalera

@LtSarge yeah I agree it feels more like ac, but that's also because it's the same team that made ac odyssey and that's visible in the art style and certain gameplay mechanics like the climbing as well.

The dlc weren't that great indeed, I had the ultimate edition at launch and after trying all 3 dlc I was utterly disappointed by them they were in no shape of form anywhere near the quality of the base game. So imo just stay away from them.

PSNid: Lavalera

Balta666

I have played an hour or so and I am enjoying it but as I am never much inclined to play Ubisoft games, whenever I do I am reminded of two things I Hate in games. The first is to have to submit to an Ubisoft account (at least SE asks you but lets you ignore it if you prefer) and the second and even worse is menus with analogue control only... Even on PC I dislike it and I have played games mostly with m+k for the longest time)

Edited on by Balta666

LtSarge

@Lavalera Yeah I remember reading that and that's really cool since AC: Odyssey is one of my favourite games of all time.

That's what I figured. I was actually close to getting the season pass but I'm glad I didn't. They should've just made the DLCs like in AC: Origins and Odyssey, i.e. more of the same stuff that we love.

LtSarge

BaldBelper78

Have played 2 hours and have fallen in love with this game! The comedy is like Allo Allo- Corny but still funny. It’s just a lot of fun. Superb choice for this month!

BaldBelper78

Twitter:

LtSarge

Fair warning to those of you doing the vaults, skip them once you get further into the game because some of them will require powers that you don't have (and the game won't tell you that) or require solutions with mechanics that the game doesn't even tell you about. I just spent 40-50 minutes with one vault because of these issues and it left such a sour taste in my mouth for a game that's been mostly a positive experience so far. I even had to look up a guide on how to solve it and you basically need to cheese the game's mechanics, which is so weird. This is definitely the biggest issue with the game compared to BotW, as that game gives you all the tools you need to solve the shrines right from the beginning. On the other hand, Immortals have vaults that you can enter but can't solve because you haven't acquired the right power. It's so stupid and such a major oversight by the developers.

I also thought one comment on the video guide summed up the vaults in this game quite nicely: "The job outweighs the reward". Which is so true. The vaults take so long to solve and all you get is one lightning. Not worth it at all.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

Lavalera

@LtSarge not entirely true. The game does tell you if you can't do a chest, puzzle or vault and that you are missing a godly power to do it. It just doesn't tell you which godly power you are missing. The game basically wants you to find out which godly power you need and come back later when you acquired that godly power.

On some vaults you can cheese the mechanics even if you don't have the godly power but it's up to you if you want to look for it or not.

PSNid: Lavalera

LtSarge

@Lavalera I literally just entered a vault where a chest was so high up that I couldn't reach it and once I cheesed myself up there with the help of the guide, I needed a power that I didn't have. It didn't tell me that I needed it before entering the vault. It also didn't tell me that a cubic stone turns into two smaller stones when broken, which I needed to know in order to clear the vault (or apparently some clone power, which I didn't have either).

The game shouldn't allow you to enter vaults if you don't have the necessary powers in order to fully clear them. You're basically having your time wasted at that point.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

Banjo-

I just started it, so far so good. Why all these weird accents, including my character? Some kind of inclusion nonsense?

Do the narrators talk all game long or just during the introduction? Because they're breaking the immersion [EDIT: They're a bit quieter now].

I don't see it as a Breath of the Wild clone like people say but I'm already enjoying it more than Breath of the Wild (graphics, performance and gameplay). [EDIT: OK, the first godly power is telekinesis but it's not like Breath of the Wild didn't take elements from Assassin's Creed and Monster Hunter].

I don't like the main menu that looks like a website with cursor included. Weird way to save manually.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

olskoolSEGA

So, about Immortals. I've got 3 gods in the hall now and I'm digging this game. I know it got a lot of flak for being a Breath o' clone but so far it's the best Ubisoft game in years IMO.

olskoolSEGA

ralphdibny

@olskoolSEGA hello and welcome! Do you want to be added to the tag list for this thread so you get notifications each month when we change game or are you just dropping in for Immortals? Eithers fine!

See ya!

Balta666

I have now completed one god quests and I am moving to the second main area. The game is alright with the best part by far the vaults (altough F.... Lasers). Still I find the map is way to big, each area could be the map for the whole game if packed instead. Transversal even with all the BotW mechanics is quite slow (slight better now as I have just unlocked a flight boost) and there are not enough fast travel locations.
The combat is serviceable but the enemies quite bullet spongy and you need to grind all elements to be able to upgrade yourself in order to keep up.

themightyant

@ralphdibny Finally back home, having visited family abroad and been on holiday. I've hardly gamed for a month... which is probably a good thing. Can it be an addiction if you can stop voluntarily for several weeks?

Really want to play Immortals but probably won't have time this month as work is now a bit mental to compensate being away.

But will vote for Immortality in October.

Hope you are all well.

themightyant

ralphdibny

@themightyant cheers! Had a good time out there? (Whichever country you went to πŸ˜…)

Haha it's an addiction unless you can quite forever

Having said that, I am still playing Marvel's Avengers....I think I am becoming addicted πŸ˜…

See ya!

themightyant

ralphdibny wrote:

Having said that, I am still playing Marvel's Avengers....I think I am becoming addicted

You're dead to me πŸ˜…

Good hols thanks. Been catching up on all the juicy VG news I missed. Halo couch co-op cancelled, despite 343's previous assurances and the season extended to a glacial 9 months on a live dead service game! Glenn Schofield doing his best to scupper all the goodwill of Calisto Protocol by praising crunch. Sony trying to justify price hikes. Randy Pitchford trying to give away his oversized sweaty shirts, and all sorts of other gaming whatnot. Ah the not so serene world of video game news. I've missed it. lol

Edited on by themightyant

themightyant

HarmanSmith

@ralphdibny Hello everyone! I am relatively new here (about 3 months) and I wanted to know if you can add me to the taglist too?

HarmanSmith

Xbox Gamertag: GarcianSmith

LtSarge

@ralphdibny Was going to make a list of horror games to vote for but I realised that there aren't that many on Game Pass lol. Outlast 2 isn't even on there anymore.

I did see though that Amnesia: Collection is on sale now for like €3. I'd love to play the first game of the collection, so I'll throw an additional vote for Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

LtSarge

Balta666

@HarmanSmith welcome to the family! Feel free to tell us your thoughts on Immortals if you played it already or if are thinking about playing it this month. Also let's know which games you would like to vote for next month (vote as many as you like as long as they are available to all on either gamepass, gold or very cheap on a sale).

Whenever @ralphdibny has a chance he will add you to the taglist so you can receive notifications whenever a new game is decided

Edited on by Balta666

HarmanSmith

@Balta666 Thank you, much appreciated! I love the idea of this thread, so I wanted to participate.

Yes, now I am playing Immortals on GPU, and it is a blast! Of course, I have yet to beat it to deliver some final thoughts on this one.

But one thing I agree with, I think @Banjo- mentioned it, it's that weird menu, with a cursor and all, more reminiscent of a PC game. To be fair, they use this type of menu in some AC games. I do not know if Ubisoft games are that hot on PC, but they sure love that type of UI.

So I plan to beat it soon and come back here

HarmanSmith

Xbox Gamertag: GarcianSmith

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic