Forums

Topic: Pure Xbox Game Club - Turnip Boy Robs A Bank (Mar)

Posts 1,781 to 1,800 of 3,288

TuckNorris85

Very, very good game. Managed to get 700G without even trying for achievements. I think the plasma cutter was my favourite weapon by far, it was just fun to shoot the limbs from the necromorphs off.

Might go for the full 1000G once I have finished AC Origins. Is hard mode significantly harder than normal?

TuckNorris85

themightyant

@TuckNorris85 my recollection was no, hard mode wasn’t that much harder once you knew the layout, weapons and tactics. I actually did both hard and plasma cutter only at the same time back in the day. If memory serves there were a couple of tricky points but other than that was fine

themightyant

TuckNorris85

@themightyant nice, that doesn't sound too bad.

I would most likely stick to the plasma cutter on hard, regardless of the achievement. It's up there with Half Life's Gravity Gun, Duke Nukems Shrinker and Quakes Rail gun.

TuckNorris85

lookupmore

I jumped into it last night. First impressions are that it looks so good for a 14year old game. The fact that there is no on screen UI is nice touch and the way the map and objectives come up is very cool.
Playing on easy as I’m a scaredy-cat but it’s a bit too easy, two shots with the plasma cutter and the enemy is down. I suppose there’ll be harder enemies to come. Oh and the save points are thankfully very generous. Great start for me.

lookupmore

Xbox Gamertag: lookupmore

trev666

to my recollection the hardest difficulty on dead space is impossible difficulty and you need to play this as a new game plus You need to load up a save that you've beaten the game at least once on, then you can exit back to the menu, and Impossible will be there.

trev666

themightyant

@TuckNorris85 Yes! Definitely one of the most memorable weapons in gaming for me. Definitely reminded me of the Gravity gun achievement in HL2 for getting through Ravenholm only using that weapon. Love achievements like this that make you play a game a different way and show you the depth of the combat systems. Death's Door umbrella only run was another, albeit slightly different, one that was a lot of fun. Happy gaming.

themightyant

ralphdibny

@Balta666 cool, tell me again in August please when I put the votes up for September 😅. I can barely remember what I had for breakfast this morning!

(Jk, it was a bowl of curiously cinnamon (cinnamon Graham's) followed up by crumpets with Nutella 😀)

See ya!

themightyant

@ralphdibny I also won't have much time (holiday, ME3 and like @Balta666 XC3) but i'll vote for Escape Academy for AUGUST, as it's a short one (around 5-6hrs apparently) and right up my street. Should be able to fit that in not much else.

EDIT: I played and finished Escape Academy over the weekend. A really fun, enjoyable game.

Edited on by themightyant

themightyant

ralphdibny

I've played the first level so far. Seems like a good game and is very scary. I perhaps feel like the quality of the graphics has been a bit overstated, to the extent that I wonder if I am playing a different version of the game. It looks like a 360/PS3 game, lots of jagged edges around characters, definitely feels like 30fps but I couldn't say for sure. I don't think it's One X enhanced or optimised for Series X or anything so apart from super quick load times and the Auto HDR thing, I don't think much has been done to make it better than its original release.

But....... That aside, I am looking forward to diving in with it further!!!

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

ralphdibny

Also, sorry for the extra tag. I know some of you are abstaining from August due to holidays etc and a couple of you have voted already.

We only have two votes for August so far so Marvel Avengers and Sniper Elite 5 are tied. If I had to tie break then I would vote for Avengers as I was planning to play that soon anyway! But yeah, please do cast a vote if you are intending to participate in August!

Brutal Legend - 1 (dskactl,
Conker's Bad Fur Day/Live & Reloaded - 1 (balta
Crysis - 1 (akrpln,
Fable Anniversary -
It takes two -
Kameo: Elements of Power -
Maneater -
Marvel Avengers - 5 (r1spm, xmghtymtx, akrpln, amcl, jrvsmp
Ninja Gaiden Sigma -
Ori and the Will of the Wisps -
Perfect Dark -
Rage -
Sable -
Sniper Elite 5 - 2 (lvlra, tknrs85
Trek to Yomi - 2 (lkupmre, mghtynt
Tunic -
Undertale - 3 (balta, akrpln, clnkyld,
What Remains of Edith Finch - 1 (bnjo
Yoku's Island Express - 4 (balta, lkupmre, mghtynt, frsrG,

@Tothington91 @MAC26 @XBontendo @Justifier @LtSarge @Tjuz @nessisonett @crippyd @Krzzystuff @sib @Ryu_Niiyama @LeanerFasterStronger @cracked_seal @Mr-Fuggles777 @Mundaney @KilloWertz @Beagle @antifyre @Magabro @themightyant @ZeD @K1LLEGAL @Balta666 @Bmartin001 @Banjo- @R1spam @lookupmore @Dusk_Actual @Royalblues @Lavalera @frabbit @djshep1973 @FraserG @WCB @TooBarFoo @SeriousSatan @xMightyMatt14x @Clankylad @jarvismp @TuckNorris85 @Grail_Quest @Jsb5150 @Mamabear @liljazzy2 @Dydreamr @XFinest_KnightX @Elufachi @Kooky_Daisuke @Amical @Supermutant @revluke @Akropolon

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

lookupmore

@ralphdibny Sorry, I haven't voted yet, my votes are for Trek to Yomi and Yoku's Island Express. I don't know if that will make much of a difference...

lookupmore

Xbox Gamertag: lookupmore

xMightyMatt14x

@ralphdibny I’ll give you another vote for Avengers! I pushed that one off but now that I can play it on gamepass it’s worth playing through (the campaign at least). I think now would be a great time for a first run through!

xMightyMatt14x

ralphdibny

@Balta666 @lookupmore @xMightyMatt14x

Cheers peeps! All votes make a difference!

Sorry Balta, I got really confused by both of your vote posts and thought that was what you were going to vote for in September 😅

See ya!

ralphdibny

Looks like we've lost @Kooky_Daisuke too. I noticed my tag line link was linking to the wrong post which means a few posts have been deleted. I've gone through the tag list and Kooky's profile is throwing up a 404 error so their account has been deleted. God speed Kooky Daisuke! Wishing you all the best

See ya!

themightyant

@ralphdibny Chance I may be able to fit a short game in. I'll vote for Trek to Yomi & Yoku's Island Express

themightyant

themightyant

@ralphdibny Only Dead Space 2 and 3 have FPS boost 60fps and none are X-enhanced (graphics patch for One X, often 4K and/or HDR)

themightyant

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic