Forums

Topic: Pure Xbox Game Club Double Bill - Banjo-Kazooie / Solar Ash (Apr)

Posts 1,761 to 1,780 of 3,355

revluke

Would love to be a part of this through July...and be tagged for further notifications.

Tried to play Dead Space when it first came out, but it was far too scary for me at the time...have only played through #3 campaign co-op with a far less afraid friend!

revluke

Akropolon

Never even posted on the forum before, but would actually love to participate in this! Actually was looking for something similar the last few months, but didn't find anything that resonated with me. This one sounds like a blast though, seeing how I already love frequenting Pure Xbox. 😊

I saw something about a tag list, could I also get added to that? Thanks!

Akropolon

Xbox Gamertag: Freekopolis2

K1LLEGAL

Maybe a weird question but is it easy to save in Dead Space? As in can I pick up, play 20mins and then stop? I have a very young son so get interrupted easily.

Also how scary is this actually? Lol not sure how far I would get.

https://youtube.com/channel/UCD-3o2EEiJcF3KpTxgD97EQ

https://www.instagram.com/thelovelysnack/

trev666

@K1LLEGAL it is a survival horror game so you can only save at save points. scary wise it has a tense atmosphere and a few jump scares and it can be gross in the design and dismemberment

trev666

K1LLEGAL

@trev666 thanks. Love the gory side, just not sure about the jump scares/being chased but may well give it a shot anyway!

https://youtube.com/channel/UCD-3o2EEiJcF3KpTxgD97EQ

https://www.instagram.com/thelovelysnack/

lookupmore

I finished ME1 last week but just writing about it now, a little late with my impressions.
I enjoyed it the game but I must admit towards the end I just wanted to get it over and done.
I did a few side quests, like scanning all the keepers in the Citadel and the one on the moon which had a great upgrade. I didn’t find the Shifty cows one though 😆
I think my problem I had with it is that I heard before that ME2 is better, although differing opinions here, and I just wanted to play that. I found the shooting to be really bad, there’s very little explanation about upgrades until you start digging in the menus and it took too long to bring up a map which was also really bad.
That said, it has incredible universe building, the characters and voice acting is great. There’s also really difficult decisions you have to make especially saving Kaidan or Ashley. I saved Kaidan just because I found Ashley a little annoying. Overall, I enjoyed it but didn’t love it. Maybe a second playthrough will change that in a few years.

I’m looking forward to play Dead Space because I’ve been wanting to play it but I’m a big scaredy-cat and this will force me to play it! I’ll get to it next week, in the meantime any tips from previous players?

lookupmore

Xbox Gamertag: lookupmore

trev666

now i dont think the shooting in legendary edition is really bad yes its not up to modern standards but this game did originally come out in 2007. its alot tighter than the original, if you want some bad shooting the original mass effects shooting was really bad you couldnt hardly use sniper rifles unless you had numerous stability upgrades to even out the weapon sway if you wernt trained on a weapon it had no sight reticule

2007 mass effects shooting was really bad legendary editions not so much

trev666

ralphdibny

I ended up using the sniper exclusively by the end!

See ya!

Dusk_Actual

Just finished up Dead Space, was a good time. Can’t remember who said it but I took someone’s advice and did a Plasma Cutter only run. Really fun, and I’m moving right on to Dead Space 2.

Dusk_Actual

Dusk_Actual

@K1LLEGAL the save stations are pretty plentiful. I never once found myself having to do a lot of backtracking, but I also only died to the environmental stuff

The auto save is pretty generous, won’t send you back really far.

Edited on by Dusk_Actual

Dusk_Actual

themightyant

@Dusk_Actual glad you enjoyed the Plasma Cutter only run. It’s a very versatile and rewarding weapon when handled with skill - a lot of fun dissecting necromorphs like a surgeon.

themightyant

Dusk_Actual

@themightyant dude it was super fun. Using the cutter only ensured I always had plenty of stuff to sell off to buy up nodes and in the rare event I ran out (stupid wall-mounted necromorphs are spongey) I usually had enough money on hand to buy up plasma rounds.
The game looks better now than it did upon release, it seems like. I’m glad the remake is underway, though after playing through the original, im not sure the game needs to be remade. To me it’s pretty perfect as is. Except for the cannon and asteroids section in Chapter 4, and I only hate that part because it perfectly instills the fear of dying via asteroid in me.
Sorry! Lotta extra opinions there nobody asked for. Game is awesome, makes me wanna talk about it!

Dusk_Actual

trev666

yeah i agree im not sure it really needs a remake Dead space still holds up and is still a good looking game. What they should have done is a remaster of all 3 games with all DLC included and released it all together in one package

trev666

themightyant

Dusk_Actual wrote:

Sorry! Lotta extra opinions there nobody asked for. Game is awesome, makes me wanna talk about it!

That’s precisely why we’re all here, extra opinions and talking about this hobby we love. Lol. Doing it 100% right!

Edited on by themightyant

themightyant

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic