Forums

Topic: Pure Xbox Game Club - Rise of the Tomb Raider (May)

Posts 1,341 to 1,360 of 3,409

themightyant

@R1spam thanks for the heads up on the noclip doc, they are great, but for some reason didn’t think there would be one. Looking forward to the Game Club extra homework

Edited on by themightyant

themightyant

lookupmore

So I beat the final boss on my lunch break. Was pretty tough as they have so many phases and I needed all my upgrades but the checkpoints are helpful. I'm 92% finished, will try to 100% it. Got 3 more seeds to find but I think I'll use a guide to find them.
I'll leave my full impressions later.

lookupmore

Xbox Gamertag: lookupmore

Krzzystuff

@lookupmore so you can keep playing after beating the last boss? It's after you have all three large souls right?

Krzzystuff

Xbox Gamertag: Krzzystuff

lookupmore

@Krzzystuff after you beat the game you can go back and pick up some extra achievements, like planting all seeds etc. There are a few achievements that if you didn’t get at a certain time then you’re out of luck, like doing specific things during the big souls fights. There is an achievement to 100% the game but I’m not sure what counted in that.

Edited on by lookupmore

lookupmore

Xbox Gamertag: lookupmore

crippyd

I'm working my way to the third soul in the ice castle and after some initial misgivings I'm really enjoying it. I still would like a map so I don't get lost but that's my only complaint and even that is personal preference I would say.

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

Krzzystuff

Ok i beat the ice monster and the boss after that...I think i have one more to go. I got the last shrines and i got the last weapon. Needed a guide for the weapon and i thought everything was in a much smaller area and couldn't figure out where the second lock was. Pretty sure i know what health pickup i forget to use so hopefully that will solve that chievo without the need for a guide. 4 more shiny things to find but that might need a guide in the end as i thought i went everywhere already.

Krzzystuff

themightyant

@Krzzystuff Good work. Most of the collectibles can be found with hints in game.
Shrines via Soup at Stranded sailor
Health via Gardener in secret Garden at the Estate of the Urn Witch
Not sure about Shiny things. Anyone?

Edited on by themightyant

themightyant

Krzzystuff

@themightyant ok greatly appreciate it. I did find the boss fights to be much easier now as I'm much stronger and used to the game. I'll definitely be doing an umbrella run afterwards, just going for finishing the game vs. looking for all bethe secrets will really speed it up.

Krzzystuff

crippyd

I managed to beat the last boss so got the umbrella achievement and I'm now looking to pick up all the shiny things, plant a couple more seeds that I've somehow missed and a couple of other achievements to 100% the game.
I've enjoyed playing the game and would recommend it to anyone that enjoys Zelda, Metroidvanias and Dark Souls.

crippyd

ralphdibny

Hi All, huge apologies for doing this so late! I've just been swamped lately.

This month's game is The Forgotten City. Unfortunately I don't have a huge amount to add, or even a snappy intro to it. Looks like it is an expanded version of a Skyrim mod. It's looks fairly interesting!

Main Story - 5 Hours
Main + Extras - 8 Hours
Completionist - 10 Hours

Looks to be a fairly short game as well so if people haven't started it yet, then the remaining 3 weeks of March will hopefully be enough to polish it off.

@Tothington91 @MAC26 @XBontendo @Justifier @LtSarge @Tjuz @nessisonett @crippyd @Krzzystuff @sib @Ryu_Niiyama @LeanerFasterStronger @cracked_seal @Mr-Fuggles777 @Mundaney @KilloWertz @Beagle @antifyre @Magabro @themightyant @ZeD @K1LLEGAL @Balta666 @Bmartin001 @Fran27 @Banjo- @R1spam @lookupmore @Dusk_Actual

Please let me know if you want to be added or removed from this tag list.

Games for next Month (April). Votes start from Zero but I will include the games people have mentioned in the last 8 days due to my tardiness.

A way out -
Brutal Legend -
Conker's Bad Fur Day/Live & Reloaded -
Crysis -
Dead Space - 2 (lkupmre, ZeD
Fable Anniversary - 1 (lkupmre,
Guardians of the Galaxy - 3 (krzystf, r1spm, balta,
The Gunk - 2 (mghtyant, crkdsl,
Hades -
Halo Wars -
It takes two -
Kameo: Elements of Power -
Maneater -
Mass Effect 1 LE - 1 (lkupmre,
Marvel Avengers -
One step closer to Eden -
Ori and the Will of the Wisps -
Perfect Dark -
Rage -
Sable - 1 (mghtyant
Telling Lies - 1 (mghtyant
Undertale -
Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus -

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

crippyd

@ralphdibny I'm not sure I'll join in but Guardians is on my playlist so I will be getting to that at some point. I've just started the most recent Tomb Raider and my friend has loaned me Resi 8 so I've got both of them to get through first.

crippyd

ralphdibny

@crippyd ahh fair enough, that's Shadow right? Enjoy it! It's an absolute blast gameplay wise, I 100%ed it over the span of a week or so

See ya!

R1spam

@ralphdibny salve friend!! 😂 thanks for organising. Hope your good.

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

Krzzystuff

Ok so i finished death's door last night. Beat the final boss and I did the secret ending. Next time i boot up i should get the task master Chievo and now I'll just have to do an umbrella run and light the with on fire in a boss fight. I had to use guides for the last few collectibles but I got over 90% of them without a guide so I'll take it as a W.

Fantastic game. Last boss kinda sucked with the mini platforming levels between fights but I got him. Music, visuals and gameplay was outstanding in the game.

I'll see if i dip into Forgotten City or i I try to make some progress in Halo instead before i start Guardians next month.

Krzzystuff

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic