Forums

Topic: Pure Xbox Game Club - Rise of the Tomb Raider (May)

Posts 1,321 to 1,340 of 3,393

themightyant

@Krzzystuff well down buddy! It’s definitely got that addictive, just one more go, quality. Time dilates. Glad you’re enjoying it.

“I also accidentally discovered how you get access to the underground tunnels!!!” I feel called out lol. Took me till near endgame to figure this out doh!

I’m sure you know about the Stranded Sailor Soup.

themightyant

themightyant

@lookupmore definely died a few times from greed. 1 or 2 hits and retreat not 3-4 most of the time. Tortoise wins the race.

Re SPOILER tags
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/extension/simple_spoiler_b...

E.g.
{spoiler}Text you don’t want to spoil{/spoiler}
Replace curly brackets { } with square ones [ ]

and other BB (bulletin board) code like bold italic etc.
https://www.bbcode.org/reference.php

Edited on by themightyant

themightyant

lookupmore

@KilloWertz @themightyant thanks!
The tunnels was only something I found out when looking how to get to a specific shrine that I could see but couldn’t get to. I thought they were possibly some kind of teleport thing that might come up late game…

lookupmore

Xbox Gamertag: lookupmore

themightyant

@crippyd I want to be cautious as part of the joy, for some, is figuring this out yourself. So i'll post a few hints in spoiler tags with the complete spoiler last.

Hint #1: The "tunnels", or "sewers" as they are called in game, are accessed via some large circular plates scattered throughout the levels, you might have seen them and wondered how to interact with them

Hint #2: I'd seen these and assumed they would be unlocked with a ability you would get later. They aren't.

Hint #3: They are always accessible from the very beginning. What are they always placed below?

Full solution: Fall from above while doing a plunging attack, similar to a Mario Ground Pound from Sunshine. The answer was there all along! Boy did I feel stupid at first lol. But ultimately it's just clever design again, hiding in plain sight.

Edited on by themightyant

themightyant

crippyd

@themightyant Thanks for that, although I have no idea how to do that move! I'll hit up Google later. That is a bit annoying that I've perhaps missed something that I could have done, but I suppose that's the nature of the game!

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

themightyant

@crippyd It's simple: drop off a ledge from above and hit attack. Yep that simple

themightyant

crippyd

@themightyant you are a hero, exploring here I come!
I followed your advice from up thread to check if the umbrella is highlighted in red and it is so I'm still on for that achievement.

crippyd

ralphdibny

@themightyant loved your hint guide, even if I'm not playing the game!

A similar guide exists for a game called The Talos Principle and for me, it's the number one type of guide for the sort of game you need a bit of a nudge in but you still want to experience for yourself.

Much kudos to you!

See ya!

Krzzystuff

Side note I'm voting for Guardians of the Galaxy for April's game. I'll likely be finishing up deaths door through March still.

Krzzystuff

Xbox Gamertag: Krzzystuff

R1spam

@Krzzystuff that's a hell of a shout, I'd vote for that!

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

themightyant

@ralphdibny thanks. Agreed sometimes you just want a nudge and not the whole solution especially when you’ve missed the obvious and can’t see the woods for the trees. Talos principle is exactly that sort of game to benefit. I really liked it. Also enjoyed The Witness and The Turing Test if you like that sort of game.

themightyant

themightyant

Oh and vote for next month. I expect I’ll play GOTG anyway so I’ll stick to the smaller more niche titles and go with Sable, Telling lies & The Gunk!

themightyant

ralphdibny

I'm going to update the thread in a bit seeing as votes for April are already coming in and it will be hard for me to tally them if I don't have the base list to go off. If you are still playing Death's Door then please continue to do so and feel free to continue to post about it here!!

@themightyant I played The Turing Test which I thought was good but unfortunately I played The Talos Principle first and it totally eclipsed Turing test in terms of quality, fun, challenge and lore. I've got The Witness lined up but I will need to set some time aside for it in the future. I really do like these Portal-esque First Person Puzzlers though!

See ya!

crippyd

@themightyant Really apreciate the help, it has opened new doors, quite literally, for me!

I picked up the hook shot yesterday so I'm heading back to the first area to do a bit of collecting now I'm fully kitted out.

crippyd

Krzzystuff

I've been in full on exploration mode and going through the previous area's vs going ahead and making my way to the ice monster. I've fully upgraded all my spells and just need two more shrines. The soup squid is telling me only two clues and saying I should explore more so I think i might be at a point where i should actually be moving on to the ice monster now. I'm puzzled as to how to get the last weapon but I'm resisting looking it up for now. Also just have two more skills to upgrade so only 3K souls needed to max out.

Damn good game!

Krzzystuff

lookupmore

I'm going back to past areas seeing if I missed stuff and of course I have!

lookupmore

Krzzystuff

@lookupmore i missed so much and also forgot that certain areas existed lol. Listen to the squid! The squid knows all!!!
I'm going to kick the ice monsters ass and then carry on with the rest of the secrets before the final boss.

Krzzystuff

R1spam

Just started to watch a video documentary on the devs of deaths door, acid nerve on a youtube channel called NoClip. Its a long watch (40 mins) but the first 15 mins have been interesting and covered their previous game. I can't believe it's just two blokes with some outsourced support! There's also a documentary for the forgotten City on there too.

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

lookupmore

@R1spam noclip is great, was my plan to watch after I finish the game. The Hades doc is so good.
I got my last shrine and last magic upgrade this evening. Going to head to the last boss tomorrow

lookupmore

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic