Forums

Topic: Pure Xbox Game Club - Rise of the Tomb Raider (May)

Posts 1,361 to 1,380 of 3,393

cracked_seal

Thanks for tag, house finally sorted so can get back into a bit of having. This one's currently downloading.

Stick a vote on for the gunk for me. About an hour into it and very enjoyable, particularly for a change of pace from the likes of Elden Ring etc.

Edited on by cracked_seal

cracked_seal

ralphdibny

@cracked_seal welcome back! Good move? All settled? I moved over Xmas and I'm still sorting stuff out 😅. I hope all is well with you!

See ya!

cracked_seal

@ralphdibny cheers, people are right when they say it's the most stressful time - particularly with a 2 year old in tow!

Couldn't imagine doing it at Christmas, brave guy! 🙌

cracked_seal

lookupmore

@ralphdibny Thanks for sorting out the list, my votes for next month are; Dead Space, Fable Anniversary & Mass Effect 1 LE. Although it looks like it will be Guardians which is fine by me.

Death's Door overall is an excellent game, one of my favourites recently played. Amazing music, loved the art style, great story but a quite hard. Haven't had such a hard time since Hollow Knight but it's rewarding in the end.

Started The Forgotten City and I'm a couple hours in. This is a very different game!
The facial animations are a bit off but the voice acting is very good and the story is very intriguing, can't wait to play some more.

lookupmore

Xbox Gamertag: lookupmore

antifyre

@ralphdibny - cheers as always for the tag - been swallowed whole by Elden Ring. Was gonna Guardians, but will Forgotten City first, and check it out.... as soon as the wolves stop f***ing eating me.

antifyre

crippyd

@ralphdibny Sorry for the late reply! You are right, it is Shadow and I'm enjoying it. I'm in the 3rd area and I'm collecting everything before I move on to the next which is slowing things down a bit but I'm 36% completed so far.

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

ralphdibny

@crippyd nice one! I think I played it on Medium difficulty initially as I usually play games on Medium. I got 100% (I think there's a bit of backtracking required for that) and I decided to do a NG+ playthrough on the hardest difficulty to get the Platinum trophy. The NG+ run was super quick seeing as I'd got all the trophies/done all the exploration on the Medium difficulty run and all my skill points carried over

See ya!

lookupmore

So I beat The Forgotten City today. Did it in a few different sittings, took me about 6hr 15min.
I got ending 2 of 4
I really enjoyed it, discovering the story and the all the people, great atmosphere and voice acting. Although I did guess where it was set and who Karen was at the start before it was explained in the story
There are so many achievements in the game I might go back to an earlier save and get some more.
Another great pick for game club this month!

Edited on by lookupmore

lookupmore

Xbox Gamertag: lookupmore

Balta666

So this was supposed to be posted here on saturday but I messed up and posted it elsewhere... Ups

I have cleared the map of cyberpunk and I finally started the forgotten city and I have finish it ...
Or at least I have so far two of the four endings (not a spoiler as they are the first four achievements on the list) and strangely I got the true ending first. This is a narrative puzzle game and is nicely written. The presentation is a bit lacking but as a Skyrim mod it was to be expected. I will definitely get the other endings but not sure I will go for some of the hardest achievements.

Edited on by Balta666

Balta666

I have since completed the remaining endings and apart from some missteps (like a character I did not interact in the game be present in the end game as the game was not expecting that I went directly to the good ending without it) it is a very enjoyable experience.

Now as I will wait for the next month to play guardians I moved on to brutal legends (the music is top notch!!)

ZeD

I downloaded Dead Space the other day, but did not get around to playing it.... so add a vote for that for me

ZeD

Xbox Gamertag: KratosRises3468 | Twitter:

KilloWertz

With me still knee deep in Horizon Forbidden West, I never planned on participating this month, but this might be the most dead I've ever seen this thread for a game's month. Not much love for The Forgotten City I see (not knocking the game).

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

LtSarge

Looks like The Forgotten City was.. forgotten about.

I'll see myself out.

LtSarge

R1spam

I've played through and got one ending, which when I looked through a guide was the canon ending. It finished my time with the game perfectly and im not sure i would go back for any others. The writing in this game is so sharp, it truly puts so many AAA games to absolute shame! It's hard to believe it came from a skyrim mod and was written by someone who did this as a side project. My favourite character is Desius, he's such a slimy, mealy mouthed git! His questline with the bow of artemis is genius. The mechanics of repeating actions via Galerius during subsequent time loops is really smart, as it always means you can get to new content while still understanding the clockwork mechanism of the loop. The exploration of morality and the conversation with The hermit philosopher is brilliant. The dissection of what constitutes a sin was great, it may be 101 for those with a philosophy background but for someone who doesn't but finds that naturally interesting, it was great. Big spoilers for the ending coming up my days, the canon ending was absolutely batsh1t crazy! I did not expect to be confronted with some sort of Stargate SG1 alien oversight of humanity scenario 😂. I definitely didn't expect to have some sort of mass effect 3 citadel dlc ending when you come through that dialogue check either! . I really enjoyed my time with the game, despite it being very light on mechanics. I wish more games had writing as sharp as this. In terms of timeloop indies, I still think outer wilds is my favourite, that final mission is one of my all time favourites but forgotten City sits right alongside it. You definitely get hit with a lot of narrative right out of the gate but if your someone who enjoys sharply written dialogue and doesn't mind overlooking the lack of true gameplay, I would give this a look.

Edited on by R1spam

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

cracked_seal

@LtSarge 😂 I appreciated it.

Had a go at it, but whilst it seems alright - just didn't grab me over the rest of my backlog. Started Halo couple weeks ago (yeah I know imma bit behind the curve) so been bashing on with that mainly.

cracked_seal

Balta666

I am very nearly completed with kirby so at the most by weekend time I will put my hands on Guardians of the Galaxy. I am really looking forward to it as their movies are by far my favourites from the MCU and everybody says that the narrative and acting is even better on this one (just hope the gameplay is manageable as it is not exactly my cup of tea)

Edited on by Balta666

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic