Forums

Topic: Pure Xbox Game Club - Rise of the Tomb Raider (May)

Posts 1,221 to 1,240 of 3,392

Banjo-

I don't know anything about Death's Door but the 10/10 score on Pure Xbox so I'll play it without any prejudice.

My suggestions for March are games that I don't own and that I wouldn't buy a priori:

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (10.5h.)

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

LtSarge

@Banjo- Unfortunately, The Medium is leaving in two weeks so if you want to play it (which you should, it's a great game!) you should do it ASAP.

LtSarge

Banjo-

@LtSarge I edited my comment just before reading yours because I was checking that article right now. I removed The Medium because it won't be available next month and will play it before it leaves.

Banjo-

R1spam

I've played a bit more of deaths door and very much enjoying it so far! Combat is very tight and the exploration has been rewarding. I like the sense of strategy that comes from deciding where to plant a healing seed. I'll post some more thoughts later this week when I get a bit more chance to dig into the forest area . My votes for next month would be forgotten City or avengers.

Edited on by R1spam

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

lookupmore

@ralphdibny thanks for doing the list and editing it down a bit. I know you took Telling Lies off as it wasn't on Game Pass but it has just been announced as coming in Feb.

I'm going to wait til later in the month to make my votes for March

lookupmore

Xbox Gamertag: lookupmore

isturbo1984

Gonna squeeze this one in on top of my many gaming projects. I can one-shot Death's Door if need be. Bought it on sale just a week before it went up on GP, lol.

@ralphdibny Can I nominate games not already on the list, or just vote from whats already there? Thanks.

"The Skeleton King, secret, post-credits 'true' final boss"
-Eldin Ring leaks

antifyre

Death Door! Whoop. ‘Forbidden City for next month for me….

antifyre

LtSarge

I'm honestly in a mood for some shooters, so I'll be voting for Crysis, Perfect Dark and Wolfenstein II for next month.

LtSarge

isturbo1984

@Balta666 Cool. What about multiple votes? I see everyone is picking 3 or 4 lol.

-Eldin Ring leaks

isturbo1984

@Balta666 Thanks. In that case...

I'll vote Fable Anniversary from the list. Been needing a reason to got to it. and I'll nominate Mass Effect: Legendary Edition. Specifically the first game. It's a fantastic remaster of one of my favorite game series of all-time.

-Eldin Ring leaks

Banjo-

My suggestions/votes for March (updated):

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (10.5h.)
Mass Effect 1 (17h.)

Banjo-

R1spam

@Balta666 there have definitely been a few combat arenas where they throw waves and combos of enemies that have kicked my ass! It has never been unfair though, combat feels quite finely tuned and that when I die, it's been my fault.

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

Banjo-

I don't expect anybody to agree with me but these are my thoughts about Death's Door. I decided to be honest as usual.

Death's Door is, basically, a dungeon crawler game. It reminded me of the Tunic demo and Hades. I beat Hades until the end and even did additional quick runs. Hades is repetitive as the genre is but it's also intuitive and has nice graphics, soundtrack and UI. Death's Door is deliberately sinister and has huge maps difficult to navigate because of the lack of maps. The gameplay is hampered by not intuitive controls. Yes, you can rinse and repeat and grind until you are stronger and able to do anything but, unlike Hades, I have found no joy or reason to do so, so I give up with no regrets.

Banjo-

Balta666

@Banjo- it is a shame you don't like it but there are no games that suits everyone liking.

The way I see it is much more of a 2d Zelda than a game like Hades as you're not punished for dying and have a big open world to explore. The combat also resonates with me as it has a very forgiving dodge that I like and as I said before I am in love with its tune. Completly agree on the map thing. I am actually focusing on the game now as swapping games makes me forget where to go Next.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic