Forums

Topic: Microsoft Rewards (Reward Points Thread)

Posts 201 to 220 of 241

ralphdibny

@Balta666 I'm not sure if you are posting in the right thread 😅, this is the MS Rewards thread!

See ya!

trev666

Gamepass gets all the press for xbox but for me rewards its equally awesome not enough people talk about it. it paid for half my series X and a 3 year warranty 20 games and my gamepss ultimate.

it is the biggest bargain in gaming

trev666

Lavalera

@trev666 that only counts for people in the US and UK. I'm not from one of those countries and the rewards here aren't as stellar as those 2 countries get. I can get around 1500 points a month without spending a dime and that's it. That's only a little over 2 euros a month

Edited on by Lavalera

PSNid: Lavalera

Lavalera

@Balta666 agreed. Dunno from which country you are but are the prices also a lot higher when you buy a game than in the US? I'm from the Netherlands and here we pay 70 or 80 euros for new games. Which is more like 73 or 83 dollars with the current exchange rates and I'm sure for aussies it's even worse. Still think that's strange in current day situation but oh well

Lavalera

@Balta666 it's also my plan to buy less new ones. The last few months I've been spending a lot on games, mostly new games, since I'm basically new to console gaming after being a pc mmorpg player for years. Since my backlog already is enormous and I have gamepass and the ps plus extra thing in a bit I don't many new games and wanna tone it down to like 3 games per year max.
But yeah I hope the rewarss will be expanded since even though I don't earn that many points I got a few gift cards which saved me some money on buying games.

ralphdibny

It's not really an MS rewards thing but I'm thinking of just calling time on that month long play for an hour each day promo. It was ok while I was polishing off Yakuza but I'm playing Bioshock 2 on PS4 at the moment so I don't have time in my evenings to load up a game on Xbox for an hour and press buttons on the controller every time it decides to go to sleep.

I have never won anything off Xbox anyway. I've never won any Rewards sweepstakes and I've never won any of their Twitter giveaways and I've never got one of those £5 credits sent to me in my messages so I don't have much hope for winning anything from that play an hour a day without stopping promo.

I still go on there and do the bare minimum Rewards stuff though. I do the game pass quests, I do the "PC" Bing searches on Xbox, the weekly quests and hitting random store links for 5 points a pop. I'm not bothering with mobile search points and by extension the edge search points.

I'm on about 30K and a bit points at the moment since I splurged my 200K going toward my series X earlier in the year.

See ya!

trev666

Rewards really is playing up at the moment play with friends on pc doesn't register and achieve more earn more nether

trev666

el_pieablo

Just redeemed £60 of rewards points and got a new controller. Was gutted when I discovered you can't do design lab with rewards but, still got a limited edition controller.

Also I love rewards I've prob got about 300 quid worth of free stuff from doing it.

How appropriate, you fight like a cow

themcnoisy

Quest completionist which is usually 1000 Microsoft rewards points is now only 500.

This follows on from the daily rewards about 7 months ago being reduced from 10 to 3 points for playing a game pass game everyday.

It also looks like the weekly 'play' games have been reduced from 25 points to 5. Lets build a zoo is only 5 points. And it's pushing some online mmo instead with some insane in game collection to get ms points.

Damn that's going to cost us about 870 points a month now if you use the xbox everyday

We have probably all noticed the app page is more focused on Ingame purchases, rather than the achievement stuff of old. Disappointing. Its still worth doing but it's not as lucrative with these changes.

Edited on by themcnoisy

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

MaccaMUFC

@themcnoisy I’ve just noticed the Quest Completion reward points have been reduced to 500 from the usual 1000. The Black Desert task does offer 250 but there’s no way I’m grinding for that. I hope this doesn’t become a regular thing, as you’ve pointed out they’ve already reduced points for daily and weekly rewards. Some people earn these reward points to pay for their monthly Game Pass Ultimate subscription but at this rate they’ll have to just redeem £5 worth of reward points and use their bank card to pay the rest.

MaccaMUFC

themcnoisy

@MaccaMUFC doing the xbox stuff daily without clicking into Microsofts browsers and off xbox bits will total around 800 points a month if they follow through.
That's a big drop off from the 2200 since last year.

I reckon thousands of ill-informed gamers are sitting on millions of points suffice the change. Bit disappointed tbh.

Luckily we can still snag the roughly 162 points a day from using the browsers and more if you run the daily quizzes.

So about an autoredeemed £5 voucher a month. Grrrrr.

Edited on by themcnoisy

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

GarbonZoni

I think this was always going to happen sadly. With the amount of points that can be made a month coupled with the £1 pound for 3 years deal (which I have had twice) it's hard to see them carrying this on for too much longer in it's current form. As good as game pass is I don't think it's possible for them to keep giving people the opportunity to get it for free indefinitely. I would love to see the numbers on how much they actually make from subscriptions. Would love to hear what you guys think about that. Anyway, excuse me as I go google the number 1, 54 times for my 162 points

Xbox: Garbonzoni

trev666

i can understand why they might want to reduce points but it now just seems a bit imbalanced you get 500 points for playing a game for 22 days and doing 12 weekly's or you can earn 500 points completing a punch card.

i just feel the more work you put in the more points you should get

trev666

themightyant

This is going to be different for everyone but it's starting to not be worth doing for me if they keep reducing the rewards. 500 points is a little less than 50p (it varies depending what you redeem around 22p - 49p but it's a handy rough guide).

Is it really worth doing a task for at least 24 days a month for 50p? Of course if i'm doing most of it naturally then I don't mind going the extra mile, but equally that FOMO feeling when you realise you are a day or two short isn't worth the chance for 50p either!

On the flip side i've quietly built up almost 200,000 points again - It's taken several years - i've only topped up Game Pass via Gold in the last year. Currently deciding what to spend it on. Was hoping the 1TB Xbox Seagate expansion would be reduced or on sale by now but it's actually gone back to £220 from £185 and is currently out of stock. I was hoping it would be at most £150 by now. That thing is scandalously overpriced. Think I might just use up all my CEX vouchers and risk buying a second hand one for £160 at this rate.

Or possibly just consider a 512GB one, XSX only has 808GB of it's 1TB available so it would still be a another 63% of storage. Perhaps that's more sensible.

Then use the 200,000 MS points for another 1.8 years of Game Pass.

Decisions decisions.

Edited on by themightyant

themightyant

trev666

personally i just use a 5tb external USB drive with my series X that rewards mostly paid for.

trev666

ralphdibny

Various life circumstances made me give up doing the Rewards completely in early December. I just decided I'd had enough of it for some reason and I didn't want to give any more time to monotonous tasks. I wasn't really working toward anything. The cheapest thing I could want to spend my points on is the adaptive controller (for experimentation reasons) and the most expensive is a 2tb drive if they ever make them available on the store.

I'd already stopped doing the really grindy tasks, like do something random in a random game for an hour for 75 points. I just did the stuff that took like 5 minutes a day by the end but even that became a bit too much.

I sort of quit out on games about the same time I fully quit Rewards. Just had too much personal stuff to deal with and I couldn't concentrate on games, still can't really. Less games > less time on Xbox > less rewards. Still using the Xbox and TV to watch programmes on Disney and netflix.

Still though, I looked the other day and I have 94K points to spend. Not sure where to put it really. I could easily afford that controller now but I am not sure if I might just save them and see if I get back into it at a later date. I had a good run with rewards. My last cash out took about £200 off my Series X purchase so I am glad I collected what I could leading up to that point.

See ya!

Krzzystuff

I still find it really easy to do the daily and weekly GPU quests and the daily searches. Really for a few minutes on the sh***** you get a few hundred bucks to do what you want with. I keep redeeming for more GPU time as it's only 12K points for a month. Really I'm gaming for free currently so this hasn't reached a point of frustration for me. The 500 points for the monthly won't be bad if we have a 250 point weekly quest, will actually be more points each month. The points in the Xbox app are also a bonus so right now it looks like I'll be getting more points. End of the day free is free. I got my series X from grinding Swagbucks and now I'm paying for GPU through rewards points so my gaming really cost me a few hundred bucks tops so far. That's for the initial gold subscription to convert for a dollar and the headset I got (mostly paid with points)

Edited on by DreamlandGem

Krzzystuff

Xbox Gamertag: Krzzystuff

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic