Forums

Topic: Microsoft Rewards (Reward Points Thread)

Posts 201 to 212 of 212

ralphdibny

@dmcc0 I probably wouldn't take a hacked device online to the official network anyway. It's why i'd always want to do it to a second console, so I kind of still have an official one with purchases/friends/trophies etc

Oh yeah, I remember the chipped PS1s! I remember going with my dad to the market to get mine chipped and the guy said he'd have to take it home to do because it was a later model (the dualshock model). I'm sure it would have been fine but we still didn't trust it so never did it.

I remember you could just buy bags of copied PS1 discs from that market. I think we did that disc swapping technique where you stick some blu tak in the back of the disc drive to keep it spinning and swap out a legitimate disc with a copy or import when it reaches different speeds. I read about the technique in a PlayStation magazine at some point

I don't think I actually played that many copies to be honest. I remember playing that banned game Thrill Kill that got leaked. Bought a copy of that down the market. Also an import copy of A Bugs Life. Good game actually but imports played in Black and White unless you had a SCART lead or something 😅

dmcc0

@ralphdibny Yeah, far too risky, although my son did upgrade to a Switch OLED and still has his original launch one lying around, so might look into it if I'm bored one weekend. I'm definitely not buying a second console just to hack though - my wife already gives me grief for having too much gaming stuff around the house already and she'd freak out if a duplicate console turned up 😅

dmcc0

trev666

Gamepass gets all the press for xbox but for me rewards its equally awesome not enough people talk about it. it paid for half my series X and a 3 year warranty 20 games and my gamepss ultimate.

it is the biggest bargain in gaming

trev666

Lavalera

@trev666 that only counts for people in the US and UK. I'm not from one of those countries and the rewards here aren't as stellar as those 2 countries get. I can get around 1500 points a month without spending a dime and that's it. That's only a little over 2 euros a month

Edited on by Lavalera

Lavalera

Lavalera

@Balta666 agreed. Dunno from which country you are but are the prices also a lot higher when you buy a game than in the US? I'm from the Netherlands and here we pay 70 or 80 euros for new games. Which is more like 73 or 83 dollars with the current exchange rates and I'm sure for aussies it's even worse. Still think that's strange in current day situation but oh well

Lavalera

Balta666

@Lavalera I am from Portugal so we have the same prices as yours. I don't buy new games anymore. For instance I am now looking at a copy of elden ring for 42€

Balta666

Lavalera

@Balta666 it's also my plan to buy less new ones. The last few months I've been spending a lot on games, mostly new games, since I'm basically new to console gaming after being a pc mmorpg player for years. Since my backlog already is enormous and I have gamepass and the ps plus extra thing in a bit I don't many new games and wanna tone it down to like 3 games per year max.
But yeah I hope the rewarss will be expanded since even though I don't earn that many points I got a few gift cards which saved me some money on buying games.

Lavalera

ralphdibny

It's not really an MS rewards thing but I'm thinking of just calling time on that month long play for an hour each day promo. It was ok while I was polishing off Yakuza but I'm playing Bioshock 2 on PS4 at the moment so I don't have time in my evenings to load up a game on Xbox for an hour and press buttons on the controller every time it decides to go to sleep.

I have never won anything off Xbox anyway. I've never won any Rewards sweepstakes and I've never won any of their Twitter giveaways and I've never got one of those £5 credits sent to me in my messages so I don't have much hope for winning anything from that play an hour a day without stopping promo.

I still go on there and do the bare minimum Rewards stuff though. I do the game pass quests, I do the "PC" Bing searches on Xbox, the weekly quests and hitting random store links for 5 points a pop. I'm not bothering with mobile search points and by extension the edge search points.

I'm on about 30K and a bit points at the moment since I splurged my 200K going toward my series X earlier in the year.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic