Forums

Topic: General Xbox Series X|S Thread

Posts 981 to 1,000 of 1,430

Krzzystuff

@Grumblevolcano it's third party so they don't control that. Wasn't NBA $70 as well already from 2K?

It's going to be the norm unfortunately if people keep buying them.

Edited on by Krzzystuff

Krzzystuff

Xbox Gamertag: Krzzystuff

Senua

“Always funny how much f2p BR games have conditioned people to devalue MP’er only games so much. $70 for R&C’s 15 or 20 hour campaign? A-OK! $70 for a MP’er game that will have years of free map and content updates (only mtx are cosmetics) I’ll get a thousand hours out of? What a rip-off!!!”

Edited on by Senua

Senua

KilloWertz

@Krzzystuff You are correct. NBA 2K1 was as well. It's up to the company if they want to.

It's inevitable that everybody will charge that someday, but I still see Microsoft holding off on it for quite a while. There's really little incentive for them to rush into it as they care more about Game Pass than anything else.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

NEStalgia

Meanwhile on PlayStation....

There's a UI feature update! Your library now defaults to showing the games you've actually got installed.

Facepalm

The state of the PS5 UI makes that last 360 dashboard seem advanced. Heck, it makes the prepatch WiiU UI look great. If there's one big gap on Series marketing, it's failing to highlight just how feature rich the UI is. No other console comes close. Heck, iOS barely does.

@Grumblevolcano Activision and 2K announced they were going to do that before even Sony did, so it's inevitable EA would join in. Ubi refused to talk about it while releasing announced games. Ubi has their own pricing model to consider where they sell base games for 60 but encourage gold editions for 100 but include reasonable value up front, including dlc they rarely discount for a few years while the base game discounts in weeks. 70 might hurt them, etc. But we knew Activision and 2k were doing 70 before either console was even revealed. Ea didn't announce but... It's ea...

NEStalgia

TheFrenchiestFry

I think everything on the PS5 menu is presented rather nicely but it could benefit from some better organization in specific cases

I also think the whole Quick Switcher thing they have going on is rather limited and could definitely fit more games even if it doesn't function exactly the same as Quick Resume. Just two games being able to be switched between at once kind of deflates that whole experience

I also definitely think they can fit more games on the main dashboard and they definitely need to up their game when it comes to giving certain PS4 games custom artwork/music on the home screen like the Kingdom Hearts compilations or the Persona Dancing games

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Senua

What happens to my game saves?

You will be able to transfer your save file over from the Xbox One or PlayStation 4 versions of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order to Xbox Series X|S or PlayStation 5.

On Xbox Series X|S, the upgraded version of the game will be able to pull from your cloud storage or on-console storage automatically.
On Playstation 5, ensure your console has the PS4 save data on system storage (either from previous PS4 version playtime on the console, download from Cloud storage, or transfer via USB stick). From there, there will be a “Import PS4 System Save Data” prompt on the start-up screen. Simply select that option and you will be able to utilize your older save data.

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/jedi-fallen-order/news/next...

Senua

KilloWertz

Will it be another 3 years before whatever you attempted to post actually shows up instead of being a giant dark rectangle?

Grumblevolcano

The Jedi Fallen Order upgrade shines an interesting light on Nintendo's approach to Wii U ports on the Switch. Namely the part about being able to upgrade your physical XB1 version of Jedi Fallen Order at no extra cost to play on the digital only Series S.

I'm fine with Nintendo's approach but would be annoyed if Nintendo purposely made the Switch's successor not backwards compatible with Switch just to be able to re-release Switch games.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Xbox Gamertag: Grumble Volcano

TheFrenchiestFry

@Senua that's a hilarious glitch but the game's still pretty damn good and I've personally had no problems with it so far

besides Insomniac will probably catch wind of it and issue a quick patch since their support team for that stuff has been pretty efficient so far with stuff like ironing out bugs out of Spider-Man and Miles Morales

TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Something that I think is an interesting point of discussion

The Marvel.com page for the Guardians of the Galaxy game that was announced today also listed Marvel's Avengers, which is also a Square Enix game as a "related game" in a similar fashion to Marvel's Spider-Man and Miles Morales (which happen to both take place in the same continuity, adjunct from Square's games)

There might be a chance that Guardians could take place in the Marvel's Avengers universe since they also mention "iconic Marvel characters" that aren't just Guardians related in the brief sypnosis provided by the website

https://www.marvel.com/games/marvels-guardians-of-the-galaxy

TheFrenchiestFry

Senua

Just don’t wanna be very toxic about it but Forza Horizon 5 (a racing gaming) looks way more photorealistic and next-gen than any PS gameplay I’ve seen this year. As a Xbox fan, I’m really proud of Playground Games and I think it’s a hidden gem which can prove to be even more than what Insomniac is to PS. They had been through thick and thin delivering high quality exclusives for Xbox when there weren’t any. I want Phil to know now that you have well established “acquisitions” in your studio lineup, please invest heavily on team Playground Games as it’s have been through a “natural growth” which we are really proud of.

Also the show is 9/10 for me as we are getting two big, very big AAA first party exclusives this year let alone all the great big exclusives jam packed for next two years. This further makes a strong argument in making an investment on Xbox ecosystem from a consumer point of view. And I really really don’t get the hate towards racing genre. My first game that I played on my first PC was NFS MW which I’m not ashamed to admit. Playground games has really reinvented that genre as there’s no real competitor. Graphics of racing games are never supposed to look even better than the blockbuster action adventure AAA titles but here we are all thanks to Playground.

Edited on by Senua

Senua

TeamAndromeda

So nice to finally see those 12 Teraflops at long last being utilised. Forza Horizon 5 and Flight Sim looked insanely good on the Series X

TeamAndromeda

Grumblevolcano

Microsoft are actually breaking free from XB1 after this year, the only newly announced Xbox Game Studios game coming to XB1 is Forza Horizon 5 and that releases in November so it does seem like Halo Infinite will be the last Xbox Game Studios XB1 game which seems likely to release in December.

I had a feeling this would be the case before given the Series X upgrade to the xCloud servers and the confirmation of xCloud coming to console this year but still interesting to see it actually happen.

Would be nice if there's a big OS change for Series X|S this fall or holiday breaking free from the bad XB1 OS being announced at the future of Windows event in 10 days.

Grumblevolcano

Xbox Gamertag: Grumble Volcano

TheFrenchiestFry

Surprised Xbox isn't implementing performance RT options on Forza or some of their other first party offerings. The performance RT on Sony's exclusives like the two Spider-Man games and Ratchet & Clank look really damn stunning on a 4K TV and I was expecting it to be embraced by Microsoft as well going forward. They definitely have more than capable hardware to pull it off

Also yeah of course Kojima's excited about Starfield. He regularly likes to tweet about games or movies that are on his radar. People have to remember that KojiPro is an independent entity and Kojima himself occupies himself with a lot of things

TheFrenchiestFry

KilloWertz

The announcement of Doom Eternal getting a new-gen version yesterday kind of got lost in the shuffle, but nice to see the "stats" of the three graphics modes being offered. I still have it in my backlog, so outside of having to download a large game all over again, it'll be interesting to test out Balanced and Ray-Tracing mode to see if ray tracing is a big enough deal in this.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic