Forums

Topic: General Xbox Series X|S Thread

Posts 961 to 980 of 1,429

KilloWertz

He better be right. Not saying it won't end up being a great show, but as I've already said before, it really needs to be. I know technically they don't need to shut up the naysayers, but honestly in a way they do since it's time to turn the excitement about the potential future into something more "real".

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Senua

β€œWe believe in generations.”

Untitled

Whereas the next-gen ForzaTech engine for Motorsport and Fable won’t be cross-gen compatible and mostly all other upcoming Xbox exclusives which are announced.

Edited on by Senua

Senua

Senua

Senua

Senua

We already knew that AMD plans to release FidelityFX Super Resolution, a competitor to Nvidia's DLSS, on June 22nd. And today, IGN received confirmation from Microsoft that AMD's new supersampling tech will support the Xbox Series X/S.

"At Xbox, we’re excited by the potential of AMD’s FidelityFX Super Resolution technology as another great method for developers to increase framerates and resolution. We will have more to share on this soon," a Microsoft spokesperson told IGN.

The Xbox Series X/S supporting FidelityFX Super Resolution would be beneficial to Microsoft's ninth-generation console owners to achieve higher framerates or resolutions on games running on either console. All without extra performance power being used to achieve these technical enhancements.

This comes as no surprise as Microsoft announced during Game Stack Live that it incorporated the FidelityFX tools into the development kits for Xbox Series X/S. This allowed developers to utilize platform-centric optimizations with AMD FidelityFX directly from the development kits, which helped lay the foundation for FidelityFX Super Resolution support.

https://www.ign.com/articles/xbox-series-x-s-amd-fidelity-fx-...

Edited on by Senua

Senua

KilloWertz

@IndoorHero Kinda sorta... The dumbest part about it all is that anybody actually thought the game was coming out in 2021. I know they never said one way or the other for sure, but still, anybody in their right mind saw this coming weeks/months ago.

The whole complaining about cross gen is dumb too. The games are still likely going to be great no matter if they are cross gen or not, and I don't think as many games would have ended up that way if it wasn't for the pandemic slowing sales for both the PS5 and the Xbox consoles. Maybe God of War. Maybe, but I highly doubt Gran Turismo 7 would have been. Could be wrong, but oh well.

Back on topic though, as we have a PlayStation thread for this... Hopefully we actually end up seeing the difference fancy things like "FidelityFX Super Resolution" are supposed to bring to us and they aren't just fancy words.

KilloWertz

I'd be fine with it if they could take the Crysis reboot and maybe even turn it into another big shooting series for them, like Bungie and Halo back in the day obviously.

CRANIAL

I finally found an Xbox series X . Now can get Flight Sim 2020

CRANIAL

Senua

Untitled

Edited on by Senua

Senua

Grumblevolcano

Turns out the price increase to $70/Β£70 has begun for Xbox Series X|S, checked out the Microsoft Store page for Battlefield 2042 and it's $70/Β£70.

Grumblevolcano

Xbox Gamertag: Grumble Volcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic