Forums

Topic: General Xbox Series X|S Thread

Posts 941 to 960 of 1,430

KilloWertz

I got the One roughly midway into the generation, but with the PS4 (and the Pro) being my main console that generation, I didn't really play a whole lot of Xbox until I got the One X. I haven't played any of the State of Decay games, but I played Gears 4 last gen and am finally playing 5 now like I already said. Quantum Break is on the list to play eventually since I loved Control and want to play more Remedy games.

I was disappointed in several things, like how the UI (in my opinion) is a huge step back from the PS4's except that it looks prettier. I was one of the people who loved the PS4's UI and didn't really think it needed a drastic overhaul, but it's missing features that made it the best UI around in my opinion like being able to see what your friends have been up to with What's New. Also, the way the trophies were presented was so nice and clean, but now they have them going horizontal once you try to look at each game's list since it seems like Sony is in love with their card system. Also, while the DualSense is solid, it's special features (haptics and adaptive triggers never really grabbed me like most outside of when I played Astro's Playroom. Another big problem was playing Miles Morales made me realize something. While it's a great game, and so are a lot of their exclusives, I felt deja vu while playing it. Too many of their exclusives are very similar now, especially since a lot are either sequels and/or 3rd person action/adventure games. No matter how good they are, it can still get somewhat boring, and I wanted something different.

I don't actually have that installed right now, but I'm still always up to add more people to my friends list anyways. Never hurts to have more people you "know" even if though I don't play multiplayer games much.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

KilloWertz

@Krzzystuff Yeah, the first one was pretty good, especially the story. It's rare to get a fighting game that has a great campaign story. Injustice 2 is on the still too long list of games I still have to play from last generation, but I will.

Krzzystuff

@KilloWertz the story of the game continues from the first i believe and it sure sounds like it was a great story.

Krzzystuff

Xbox Gamertag: Krzzystuff

KilloWertz

@Krzzystuff I don't remember the ending of the first, but I'm assuming there's a "refresher" at the beginning of 2 then. That'll be good, and it was a great story. Quite possibly the best for any fighting game ever, regardless of where the bar has been set with the genre (low obviously).

Krzzystuff

@KilloWertz yeah it's like a proper movie script. They did a great job with it. I liked the MK story mode always but this is by far miles ahead of those.

Krzzystuff

BAMozzy

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Xbox Gamertag: bamozzy

KilloWertz

Just copying and pasting what I posted on Push Square, but it still applies...

Situations like this are why people make the comments about the PlayStation fanbase being toxic. It is ridiculous that the developer is taking so much heat for this from the fanbase given that it's not totally their fault. Xbox has the superior overall handling of backwards compatibility, so situations like this aren't totally surprising, but it's the company's fault. Very sad that THQ Nordic had to issue a statement on Twitter defending the developers last night.

Krzzystuff

Social Media is like 1% useful and 99% negative. We should go back in time and prevent it from ever becoming a thing. That said I'm glad that THQ did state it's a hardware issue and put more pressure on Sony to not suck so much big floppy donky D. The PS5 semi pro will be out shortly and should bridge the gap a bit. They clearly got arrogant and got caught by surprise this gen.

Just enjoy your games folks. My enjoyment of a game isn't affected by the fact that someone has a better TV and can use 120 fps. Don't compare yourself to others so much. Too many fake folks out in the world.

Also eat your veggies.

Krzzystuff

KilloWertz

@Krzzystuff No. You're not my mother....

Krzzystuff

@KilloWertz if people just ate enough carrots then 1080P would look amazing...or would it look worse? Say hi to your mom son... err...I mean complete stranger!

Krzzystuff

WCB

An interesting vid about Series X drm from MVG

Xbox Gamertag: Chrysler2271
PSN: kissoon32
Switch Friend Code: SW-5919-0229-7098

JGL

I watched that video this morning, and while internet connection is very much used for DRM, I do believe that safeguarding a platform from piracy can be a priority. It's not just Microsoft protecting their investment, but of those selling under their platform.

For backwards compat titles that use the disc as a licence, is a no brainer in making sure a game is not spread in an "install and pass along" swap meet ecosystem.

Likewise with more recent physical titles, players are buying into the licence, rather than a fully patched experience, which further incentivises digital.

With internet being such a large part of gaming, it would be safe to adjust expectations along with the technology.

While GoG is a very nice exception (not the rule), they are a niche market that leans on being free from DRM.

In short, if someone is concerned with online DRM, or they have sub-par connections, they have options. If they are wanting an option without the internet, will be very limited.

Edited on by JGL

JGL

Senua

Some Hellblade II sneak peak for everyone. Looks photorealistic af.

Edited on by Senua

Senua

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic