Forums

Topic: General Xbox Series X|S Thread

Posts 921 to 940 of 1,430

Senua

@dmcc0 I’m afraid you have got it totally wrong. By winning side I mean to say that ultimately we will demand everything that make us win as ALL gamers/consumers at the end of the day.

Edited on by Senua

Senua

dmcc0

@Senua maybe misunderstood that particular line of the post, but the sentiment remains; you do post a lot of stuff that seems to be Pro-Xbox and/or anti-Playstation.

dmcc0

Senua

@dmcc0 I really don’t care if you feel that way and it hurts your feelings because I will always stand against something I find unfair, untrue and just plain wrong. But if it bothers or triggers anyone (salty) feel free to make use of that ignore option. ✌️

Edited on by Senua

Senua

dmcc0

@Senua nobody's feelings hurt here, just making an observation. This is a public forum after all, were all entitled to an opinion, even if yours is wrong 😉

dmcc0

BAMozzy

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Xbox Gamertag: bamozzy

KilloWertz

Is it a bad thing that I read almost everything from that "discussion" and understood maybe half of it?

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Senua

Senua

BAMozzy

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Xbox Gamertag: bamozzy

KilloWertz

Very similar between the Series X and the PS5 for RE8. Slight advantage for the Series X overall, not counting the longer eyelashes.

LtSarge

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/05/psa_yes_your_ds_and...

And this is why I firmly believe Microsoft's approach to game preservation is the correct one. The answer isn't physical media, and the answer isn't digital media that is only available for one generation. The answer is a universal infrastructure, i.e. the same offerings being made available in every generation regardless if it's physical or digital. For example, I now have an Xbox One that can play a select amount of original Xbox and Xbox 360 games, and obviously all Xbox One games. If I decided to buy a Series X, I can still play all those games on that system with the addition of Series X exclusives. Then whenever Microsoft releases their next console, we should still be able to play the exact same original Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One and Series X titles on that console. In other words, the same infrastructure is preserved for every generation. This is how it's always been on PC and this is the direction that all console manufacturers need to take.

People have been complaining that Microsoft's console isn't "next-gen" enough compared to PS5. But I'd rather support a brand that will always make the same games available every generation at the loss of having a completely different console experience.

LtSarge

KilloWertz

@LtSarge Same here. The Series X doesn't have to stand out from everything else in your entertainment center, have a controller that is going for innovation, or a fancy new UI that is actually just a pretty looking massive step down from the previous generation.

To reel this in before it begins to look like PS5 bashing, I like the simple and extremely effective design of the Series X. It's really well made, given how they came up with keeping it quiet and almost impossible to overheat unless it''s defective. They did subtle changes with the controller, and that's good enough for me. The ever so slight change in shape and the added grip to the back and then the triggers and bumpers makes it a good enough step up from the Xbox One, but maybe I'm just easy to please.

The Series X and Microsoft may never get the credit they deserve, but Microsoft came out for this gen much more prepared, and combining their vastly superior backwards compatibility and Smart Delivery has made it extremely simple to go from last generation to the new generation. That and the easy plug and play nature of external storage.

There were several games I missed from the 360 and Xbox One generation because I jumped ship to PlayStation late in the 360/PS3 generation, but now I'm able to go back and play some of them whenever I get the opportunity. Obviously that's not possible anywhere else, but it's a blessing here after seeing how much I missed that I normally would have played and loved otherwise. I love RPGs and I started going through the Dragon Age series last year. Slowly as they're large games, but Dragon Age II is next (someday).

LtSarge

@KilloWertz I agree, Microsoft has definitely put in a lot of thought and effort into the design of the Series X. I'm just hoping that they'll announce more BC titles coming to Xbox soon in order to make the platform more attractive. I mean, Sony had that whole debacle about shutting down the PS3/Vita stores and Microsoft can use this opportunity to show people that they aren't doing that and are instead adding even more titles to the list of BC games.

LtSarge

LtSarge

@IndoorHero That's another thing that has made me more interested in Xbox than PlayStation: the amount of new IPs. Sony established a lot of new IPs during PS4, such as Horizon Zero Dawn, Ghost of Tsushima, and the reboot/return of the God of War/Spider-Man franchises. All of these games are or will be receiving sequels on PS5, which means there aren't going to be a lot of new IPs on PS5. Meanwhile, there will be both sequels as well as plenty of new IPs on Xbox, such as Hellblade II, Halo Infinite and State of Decay 3 in terms of sequels, and Starfield, Avowed, and Everwild in terms of new IPs. Not to mention reboots/return of Perfect Dark, Fable and Indiana Jones. In other words, there's plenty of new and old stuff to look forward to on Xbox.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

KilloWertz

@IndoorHero I've never felt like I was hurting for something to play either. I had both consoles last generation, so that put me behind. I'm playing catch-up as well along with playing some current gen games (cross-gen, but close enough). Finally playing Gears 5 and that's great on the Series X (along with Forza Horizon 4 before they broke the game this week).

I'm not sure I'm going to bother getting another PS5 even down the road. I sold my first PS5. I kept the charging station and a few games just in case, but right now I'd say I'm sticking with one console this time around for the first time since before the PS2/Xbox generation like I've been wanting to do for a while.

I'm also more interested in what Xbox has on the horizon too. I'm sure at least some of them will be great, but a big reason why I switched was I was getting tired of playing what felt like the same games, and obviously that won't change much (at least not for a while) since a lot of their upcoming exclusives are sequels (or the usual 3rd person action/adventure game). In a couple of years at most, things should be really interesting on Xbox.

Off topic, but while I don't play multiplayer games much anymore, I'll add you on Xbox Live when I'm on tomorrow, as long as I don't forget. Unless you beat me to it of course.

Edited on by KilloWertz

Krzzystuff

I started playing Injustice 2 randomly, had it installed from a previous weekly quest and heard it was good. And let me tell you....it is. The game looks fantastic and the story is a kick ass superhero movie basically. Netherlem makes great games. It's not too long a campaign, I'm halfway done and I'm around 3 hours in? Definitely would recommend giving it a go.

Krzzystuff

Xbox Gamertag: Krzzystuff

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic