Forums

Topic: General Xbox Series X|S Thread

Posts 721 to 740 of 1,430

NEStalgia

Has anyone noticed any BC games that perform worse on XSX than X1X, probably due to auto-HDR? I spun up FFXIII yesterday just for giggles to see what it looks like with Auto-HDR. One one hand the game, I swear, looks better than it did on X1X overall. It looked good there, but it looks like a native 4k game now! But....I also noticed while in the Pulse Vestige early on that the framerate is bad. Like really bad. Turning the camera can be a disorienting 20fps or worse slideshow.....it's bad enough that the framerate interferes with the game. Turning to look for treasures is just a disorienting experience. I wasn't expecting a visual upgrade but performance downgrade to that extent.

NEStalgia

Fenbops

@Senua I guess it’s due to the Xbox having much better back compatibility. Even games like rocket league are having to patch PS5 later because it’s more work, could be the same case here and another testament to what a good job MS have done in regards to back compat.

Fenbops

mousieone

@NEStalgia I think that’s what happened to me playing FF XIII-2. Yoi have to go into the 360 menu and adjust the setting from I think performance to quality or the other direction. This was just an issue with FF XIII-2 but I have to think it’s bleeding into the first game now.

As I said I think it happens but it’s been a while. I just remembered the game would suddenly become a slide show.

Edited on by mousieone

mousieone

NEStalgia

@mousieone ohh, i completely forgot that menu even exists! That's got to be it. I'll give it a shot later. The 4k looks gorgeous.. Utterly gorgeous, hard to believe it's a ps360 game. But not with framerate like that. Even for a turn based jrpg it's just unnerving.

NEStalgia

mousieone

@NEStalgia It’s going to take it way down to 576p but the game has a “rough” engine. Just as a warning, but now it doesn’t look like a 360 game, the downside is the Frame rate is awful. Also it’s is a turn based rpg where your reaction time matter more so in FF XIII-2 buy yeah you at least need stable >.< it upset me to do it but slideshows not okay. Maybe that thing the Back Compatible team is working on it will help.

mousieone

NEStalgia

@mousieone Eew, i gave it a try. That seriously makes the game look like an og Xbox game. It's so unplayably ugly instead of choppy! And the framerate still isn't fantastic.

Crystal tools is indeed a mess, but i don't recall an issue like this on x1x. It has to be auto hdr related. I think I'd rather have the res and crummy fps. Gfx is distracting with low fps but performance makes everything a pixelated game like ffx

I'm hoping there's a broad fix for that performance issue. Or allow auto hdr to be disabled. I love the look but i presume that's killing the game. X1x was smooth!

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@mousieone The plot thickens. I tried it again a little later on, and maybe it's location based. The next time you get control of Lightning after that section with Vanille and Hope....and the framerate (in gfx mode) was just fine. Not sure if it is randomly good and bad, or if that room with Vanille and Hope somehow kills something with auto HDR but the room with Lightning doesn't.

Or maybe it's just what we already knew. Any part of the game with Vanille or Hope is just a total drag....

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

mousieone

@NEStalgia so it’s random and effected by the longer your play. The more likely it is going to happen. I can handle a few skips but the full on slideshow does not work. Now I played FF XIII-2 on the 1X so the resolution is better in performance mode (I think 1080p) but yeah. I didn’t think it happened to the OG FF XIII but maybe it’s something auto HDR triggers. No idea. I’ll mess around with the games on the New hardware later. It’s going to be funny if FF XIII-2 is fixed but now FF XIII is broke.

mousieone

NEStalgia

@mousieone that's interesting if 1X has better 360 performance mode res than xsx. that makes no sense. But ouch...that performance mode is fugly. PS2-OGXB era fugly. It seriously felt like FFX more than XIII in that mode. Though, maybe it should have launched with that mode and people wouldn't have hated it as much.

I wish I had all my old saves in the game to try different areas, but the game doesn't let you store many saves, and the ones I had were all on PS3. So the early game is all I have to go on.

That's depressing if XIII-2 is more broken though, I was looking forward to that one. Visually, in gfx mode, these games feel like a total remaster than a BC emulation. But that performance issue. In the OG game maybe it's just tied to the particular area and how the lighting is set up. If they'd allow auto HDR to be toggled at some point I think that would fix it, though of all games, it's a game that benefits from it.

NEStalgia

S1ayeR74

Are there any rumours or news that more U.K. stock will be made available before Christmas? I can’t find one anywhere and it will be my present want a Series X. I see some have bought them from Amazon Germany or Spain or Italy. But when I look they have no stock? Are their any decent stock trackers to use?

Edited on by S1ayeR74

S1ayeR74

carlos82

Managed to hold hold of a Series S and its a great little console, I've played a lot of retro games on it with auto HDR and many such as Perfect Dark or Panzer Dragoon Orta look superb.

I did start Cyberpunk on One X before trying it on Series S and was pleasantly surprised in how it compared, with outdoors just looking better and certainly running much better. AC Valhalla also plays great on it as does Forza Horizon 4, I've seen a lot of nonsense written about this console online but I'm having a lot of fun with it and the performance you get for the price is pretty incredible

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

Fenbops

Warhammer Darktide looks so fun. I’m a big fan of 40K so it’s right up my alley. Seems a strange game to have console exclusivity but I’ll take it.

Fenbops

nrg630

Thankfully I was able to beat the scalper scumbags today finally got to order my series x. Just hoping best buy doesn't cancel my order. Anyone else able to break through today?

nrg630

eryoung2k

Hi new to this forum but have been a Xbox fan since the original way back in 2001!! Have owned every console they made since!! Anyways got a series X from Best Buy.com when they "re-stocked Tuesday December 15th " "supposedly" will be ready for pick up this Saturday (December 19th) crossing my fingers had to order the bundle with the extra controller and 3 months of game pass ultimate and the got the free metal series X collectors card. I already am a game pass ultimate member though. I wont believe I got a series X though until its in my truck driving it home!! Also wife said I can't open and hook it up till Christmas morning!! LOL!!

Edited on by eryoung2k

eryoung2k

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic