Forums

Topic: General Xbox Series X|S Thread

Posts 741 to 760 of 1,429

belmont

I use a Series S but I don't think it matters. Can I record more that 10 straight minutes of gameplay somehow?

Also do you think that MS's controller battery is worth it?

belmont

Krzzystuff

@belmont i don't believe there's any difference on the recording ability between the S and X. As for batteries I'm using Duracell rechargeabls cuz Costco had them on for cheap. I was looking into the eneloop pro batteries as a lot of people rate then highly but $ talks.

Below is an article from Windows central on the top battery packs. If you do buy a pack vs batteries just make sure it's for the S&X as some old ones don't allow you to put the cover back on.

https://www.windowscentral.com/best-xbox-one-controller-batte...

Edited on by Krzzystuff

Krzzystuff

Xbox Gamertag: Krzzystuff

eryoung2k

@belmont
Not sure about the recording but I use 4 good quality rechargeable double AA's, and have a good quality separate charger. Keep 2 in the charger and just swap them when the one's in my remote are getting low.

Edited on by eryoung2k

eryoung2k

belmont

@Krzzystuff @eryoung2k Thanks. Local browsing shows the official MS battery pack at ~22 euros. I will think about it.

To answer the recording question I found the answer in another forum. You can put a USB 3.0 128GB+ HDD or Stick and configure it to save captures. Then you can save ap to 1hour of 1080p video. Applies to all One and Series models. I tried it and it works.

Edited on by belmont

belmont

BAMozzy

good break down of all 4 console versions of Gears 5: Hivebusters - only Series X has 60fps cut scenes...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Xbox Gamertag: bamozzy

nrg630

Is there a big difference between the Xbox one version and series x version of call of duty cold war? Anybody know?

nrg630

CRANIAL

Has anybody else noticed that Xbox has removed all the game sizes in the store?
They did the same thing about 2 months ago, then returned the info a few days later.

CRANIAL

Fenbops

Had a weird bug on Yakuza like a dragon today, game wouldn’t load my save until I completely quit the game and reloaded. Was bricking it tbh I’m 45 hours in.

Great game though, one of better ones I’ve played this year.

Edited on by Fenbops

Fenbops

Tasuki

Appearently my Series X arrived today. Got a call from my roommate that a package arrived with my name on it. Can't wait to get off work!!!

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Krzzystuff

@Senua question for you, have you noticed a dip in quality from DF recently? Maybe it's all working from home related but it seems there is a lot of errors coming out from them whether it's related to speculation vs facts or clear errors like the 4K Series S statement they just made and corrected on twitter. I thought these guys were the best pure fact related guys but recently there's been what i believe is click chasing?

Krzzystuff

Xbox Gamertag: Krzzystuff

Tasuki

So I just got my Series X and just have a few questions.before setting it up.

So I have a 2tb Hard drive connected to my Xbox One can I just disconnect it from my Xbox One and then connect to my Series X?

What about saved files on my Xbox One can I move them to the Series X or do I have to start over on some games?

My Backlog

BAMozzy

@Tasuki You can just disconnect your 2TB HDD and plug it in - no issues. Also, all your saved files should be saved to the cloud too so you don't have to move anything or restart anything at all.

The only issue I had was updating games like Forza 4 and Gears 5 to the Series X versions which were on my external from playing on XB1. They updated to internal as required but had problems running (not sure if they have fixed it) but fresh install to Internal fixed those. It seems that having the game installed on external and an 'update' on internal messed the games up but ALL my saves were fine...

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Tasuki

@BAMozzy Oh ok good to know I wasn't sure about the hard drive if it would reformat or something and I lose everything. My next payday I might pick up the storage drives for the Series X but those are mainly for Series X games if I am right. Xbox One and lower can be stored on an external hard drive right.

My Backlog

BAMozzy

@Tasuki Everything will just work - also everything can be stored on the external including Series X specific games if you want to - however, they will only run from the internal or the external SSD expansion. If you want to 'store' them on the external HDD though, you can to save room and transferring to Internal is quicker than redownloading. Point is, everything can be stored externally but Series specific games must be on the internal SSD (or Expansion) to actually play.

Senua

@Krzzystuff Yeah they have started to sound more like conspiracy theorists with unconfirmed facts and speculations.

Senua

Bmartin001

Series X is a beast..

Nintendo Switch Freind Code: SW-0713-2551-1043

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic