Forums

Topic: General Xbox Series X|S Thread

Posts 521 to 540 of 1,430

JGRockford

Am so looking forward to the breakdown from DF 💜

JGRockford

BAMozzy

@Senua And in the same article, it states Fortunately, the game will just natively be able to hit both benchmarks [4k and 60fps] on PS5, ruling out the need for players to be put in any such position.

Therefore, I would wait and see what Digital Foundry make of the game - not just resolution but any other setting differences (if there are any). Maybe they are using Temporal Reconstruction on PS5 or some 'dynamic' resolution scaling that means it will hit 4k and we will have to see what, if any differences get picked up...

On the one hand, this article alludes to being told its an 'upscaled' 4k and yet state that its 'natively' 4k too...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Xbox Gamertag: bamozzy

Senua

Ray Tracing gameplay on Series X. I remember someone was very concerned about RT gameplay in the comments couple of days ago.

Edited on by Senua

Senua

carlos82

@Senua that does look really impressive and gives me high hopes for Cyberpunk in the future. I'm not sure about Watchdogs the game though, I have Assassin's Creed Valhalla preordered and with Cyberpunks delay will have time for another game but I'm not sure what yet

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

BAMozzy

@Senua maybe told to disable it because the Series S doesn't have it... LOL

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Senua

@BAMozzy This is a PS5 exclusive lolwut 😂

Edited on by Senua

Senua

BAMozzy

@Senua Just realised you are talking about a PS5 game on an Xbox thread???

I don't know why I read that as Devil May Cry.... Maybe because I didn't expect fanboy posting about PS5 in a thread on Xbox Series X...

Edited on by BAMozzy

Senua

@BAMozzy No fanboy posting, just curious lol. All right I’ll shift it to proper thread.

Senua

LtSarge

I guess this is a good place to post this article since most people will probably play Cyberpunk on Series X:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-10-31-another-develop...

I'm just finding this so stupid and it genuinely ticks me off. CDPR is literally affecting so many people by constantly delaying Cyberpunk multiple times instead of just delaying it once. This is another example, other studios are delaying their games/expansions just because they now coincide with the release of Cyberpunk. It's so sad because all of this could've been avoided if CDPR just had planned things better instead of rushing it out in order to meet demand with next-gen systems. Not to mention that a recent article made it sound like they're not even completely sure that the game will be released in December, which means those studios' delays could be all for naught if CDPR decides to delay Cyberpunk once again.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

Senua

Domino effect.

Senua

BAMozzy

@LtSarge I feel sorry for CDPR. When the game was originally scheduled to release, the next gen consoles were a long way off and its clear the game is massive so a reasonable 5months delay made sense - although no one would have predicted that the Pandemic would still be so prevalent too. Then it was delayed from September to the week after both next gen consoles come out and are still probably having to do some work from home. A 3rd delay has been forced on them as its proving to be more difficult than expected to get the game ready to release to the public on MANY platforms.

Its releasing on 3 Playstations (PS4, PS4 Pro & PS5), 4 Xbox consoles (XB1, XB1X, Series S and Series X), Stadia and PC at a 'difficult' time in Europe where more and more places are going into lockdown again, Staff may not have access to dev kits to test their changes and see if those changes actually work without throwing another problem up and still keep the essence/quality of the game. Its a massive game too with many different crossing paths that no doubt affect each other - Side missions that can change main missions, factions that also affect dialogue and missions etc. Testing everything isn't as easy as a 'linear' campaign with static character builds and weapons, static handling and damage profiles etc and you also want to know that any character upgrade doesn't break the game or do something weird and doing that on multiple platforms simultaneously too in a very difficult time.

Everywhere in Europe is seeing the number of people with Covid jumping daily. You don't know if staff are affected and unable to work...

Other Studio's under publishers like Ubisoft, Activision etc can call upon other studio's to help in the final stages. CoD or AC maybe primarily made by a studio (Treyarch or Ubisoft Montreal) but they can get help from all the other studio's to ensure they meet a deadline...

Edited on by BAMozzy

LtSarge

@BAMozzy I understand why they have to delay the game, I just don't know why they keep doing it in bits and then go on to say "We're not comfortable but confident in the new release date". Just delay it indefinitely instead of making these false date promises. If they had done that there would be no need for other studios to delay their games/expansions, no need for their employees to crunch since they would have all the time in the world, and no need for consumers to waste their vacation days. It's irresponsible that they keep doing this and frankly a bit unprofessional.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

BAMozzy

@LtSarge I know its frustrating and you have the choice of delaying 'indefinitely' which sends a certain message or delaying a 'short' but fixed time that sends a different message.

I have ALWAYS been of the opinion that dates should NOT be set until they are 99% sure of meeting that date. Of course unforeseen circumstances can crop up but I would still prefer to have 1month notice of a release date than 6months but that date could change.

I really don't think its irresponsible or unprofessional - at least not right now without knowing the full details. For all we know, half the staff team (or more) could be out with 'illness' and when they set the date, they were expecting those to be pulling their weight to ensure it would release on time. They may have to lockdown their studio where all the dev kits are, work on a greatly reduced staff team who can only work on 1 or 2 versions a week. Wouldn't be right either to release the game at different times on different platforms.

The world isn't in a 'normal' situation right now and Europe is being hit hard with Governments changing the rules daily. Its well known the game has gone Gold and they are working on patches to eliminate bugs etc. An indefinite delay sends out a message too and circumstances can be out of their control.

I think at this time, we need to be a bit more understanding and appreciate that they themselves are feeling the pressure and struggling to work in a crazy situation. The numbers of infections seem to be nearly doubling on a daily basis and if they themselves aren't affected, they will know someone who is and as I said, the governments too are changing the rules daily as well...

AkashTheGod99

@Bamozzy Another question, will the campaign on the Master Chief Collection have complete cross-play(including campaign) or is it only multiplayer.

Edited on by AkashTheGod99

AkashTheGod99

AkashTheGod99

I'm really confused about that one point, because I've heard different things

AkashTheGod99

BAMozzy

@AkashTheGod99 To be honest, I can't say for definite. I would say yes based on the fact that its not a 'new' game. Its not like playing Gears Ultimate with those on Xbox 360 playing Gears 1 or playing Modern Warfare Remastered with those still playing Modern Warfare on 360. However, if you play Gears 3 on Xbox One, you can play with people on Xbox 360...

Of course its best to wait for official confirmation but I can't see 343 upgrading MCC and in doing so, lose the Backwards Compatibility and playing with friends on Xbox One like you can and will be doing with games not enhanced by Series X. I am expecting Gears 5 MP to be cross gen - although I haven't heard anything to confirm that...

Senua

@menchi 7:26 Like I’ve said VRS Tier 2 of Dx12 Ultimate will be a gamechanger and won’t be anything like the old VRS Tier 1 of Gears Tactics PC. Digitalfoundry has only confirmed the same now.

Edited on by Senua

Senua

carlos82

Some smart use of the technology available to improve image quality rather than just locking it to 4K. Also some impressive loading times even without using the Velocity architecture, which suggests the Series X might not be that far away from PS5 in loading times

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic