Forums

Topic: General Xbox Series X|S Thread

Posts 1,041 to 1,060 of 1,430

Senua

Incoming Xbox acquisition. Might be a single player/third person focused studio.

Senua

BAMozzy

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Xbox Gamertag: bamozzy

BAMozzy

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Xbox Gamertag: bamozzy

belmont

After the newest update Doom Eternal runs like a dream in my Series S. The action is fast and fluid. However, the game is hard. I had no problem to beat Doom 2016, now I am defeated easily in the third area...

belmont

Banjo-

@belmont I also beat Doom 2016. I haven't played Eternal yet because I was waiting for this upgrade but according to gamers and the developers, you have to use different strategies for each kind of enemy and the in-game codex explain their weaknesses. I hope that this helps.

@Senua Interesting story about small developers. Microsoft are treating developers right and being much more user-friendly than Sony and Nintendo. They are better than I had ever expected after being a Nintendo and Sony customer and getting frustrated and annoyed quite often.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

KilloWertz

@BrilliantBill Obviously small, but it looks pretty nice, and it's refreshing that it's not ridiculously expensive like some statues have been.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

carlos82

So I've had my Series X for a month or so now and I think its pretty fantastic, however I do have one small issue in that, whilst smart delivery is great, why is it always the Xbox One version of the game on disc? I do have Judgement and it was great to be able to install the game from disc with no downloads required. Everything else is amazing but this is one little wrinkle I'd like to see the end of

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

BrilliantBill

@Grumblevolcano Yep. Situation is dire as ever. I hope that now that Microsoft has finished equipping the Azure with SX for servers the stock situation improves. (Phil mentioned in interview with IGN that they could have instead sold these consoles on the market.)

BrilliantBill

NEStalgia

Ok, so having been caught up in Switch OLED pre-order hellscape for the past day, FINALLY securing my order(s) at Walmart, and the getting the orders cancelled and my account flagged as fraud (and then almost $1k in auth charges from failed attempts on my card behind paypal), having been tempted by Steam Deck and then deciding my library is on XB and PS, starting a Steam library makes no economic sense now, and thankfully opting not to before that cluster-f began (at least not as bad as fraud flags and reversed charges, thanks, Walmart!) I think I'm kind of so over that. (To be fair I got my XSX from Walmart in November so it wasn't always that bad....)

I have a big Switch library I want to play, but the whole debacle has made me kind of hate even looking at my Switch. It reminds me of my misery. It's still a good Monstie Hunter box (Steam Deck would have been better.) So, I think I'm settling in on using xcloud for my portable gaming (occasionally local streaming, but I can't see putting run hours on the XSX just to play portably, so I might as well stick with whatever's on GPU, all the better if it's games I own or 1st party.) I already have a Raiju Mobile for my phone, but hate using the phone battery. I was looking at buying a 10" tablet or so for dedicated streaming, but I'm wondering if I'd be better off upgrading my Surface Pro (2017) since it won't even get Win11, using that as a dedicated Xcloud streamer along with a 15V power bank, and getting a new Pro for a laptop. I know local streaming doesn't actually work on XSX yet (well, it does, there's an unofficial beta app I sideloaded but didn't test out yet, seems to work before connecting, anyway.) But with a Surface I could do (with the beta) local XSX and PS4/5 streaming, as well as XCloud and PS Now, I assume with a nice 12" screen (tabletop mode indeed.)

Anyone using a Surface for xcloud or local streaming? Experience good, bad, ugly? It's got to be better than Switch, right? Right?

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic