Forums

Topic: General Xbox Series X|S Thread

Posts 1,021 to 1,040 of 1,430

LtSarge

Absolutely crazy how irrational people have become due to Game Pass' popularity.

LtSarge

carlos82

@LtSarge Twitter is mental today, how can anyone say that Gamepass is a bad thing? It's absolutely ridiculous, people banging on about how proud they are about spending £70 on a game or Playstation fanboys acting like Sony's exclusives are the only games in the world worth playing.

Play what you want buy whatever means you feel comfortable, I use Gamepass but I also still buy games and its the perfect mix as it gives me access to more games old wouldn't be able to afford or may not have tried in the first place

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

carlos82

@BlueOcean I'm glad to be here, I'm having more fun gaming on my Series X then anything else in the last 10 years or so

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

LtSarge

@carlos82 Agreed, I also think that mixing between buying games and using Game Pass is a good approach. It's all about having different options and that's why I think it's good that Game Pass exists. People just take gaming too far sometimes. The way I see it, people who only game on PlayStation and/or Nintendo are experiencing jealousy because GP isn't available on their platform. If Sony or Nintendo had as much capital as Microsoft to spend on developing a full-fledged subscription service like Game Pass, each respective user base would sing praises for a service like that. I genuinely believe that's the primary reason for why there are people who are against Game Pass. Because who doesn't want to pay as little as possible for as many products (in this case games) as possible. That's literally economics 101.

LtSarge

Grumblevolcano

I was thinking back to Gears Tactics and that was announced for console a few weeks before the PC launch. I wonder what the chances are of something similar happening with Age of Empires, like for example have a Xbox event in October/November which announces:

• Age of Empires Definitive Collection - Spring 2022
  • Age of Empires 4 - Summer/Fall 2022

If Age of Empires and Halo Spartan Strike were brought to Xbox console meanwhile Halo 5 and Rare Replay were brought to PC then PC and Xbox console would be truly united regarding the past 8 years on the front of non-delisted games.

As for the Game Pass discussion, I don't think it's jealousy but rather that Playstation and Nintendo system owners appreciate owning stuff more than Xbox owners. Playstation system owners have seen for themselves what happens when a subscription goes wrong, I don't remember whether it was PS+ or PS Now but subscribing to one of them deleted the entitlements for already owned games which appeared on the service so when your subscription elapsed you lost access to the digital games you bought prior to them appearing on the service.

You also have the situation like the Space Jam game which is a literal Game Pass exclusive (as in you can only play it if you have Game Pass). Seems very clear that Microsoft's ultimate goal with Game Pass is eliminating the ability to buy games.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Xbox Gamertag: Grumble Volcano

LtSarge

@Grumblevolcano Couldn't disagree more. Microsoft's ultimate goal with Game Pass is to eliminate the ability to purchase games? How did you even arrive at such a conclusion? Microsoft's stance has always been to offer options to consumers. If you want a service, there's Game Pass. If you want to buy games, you will still be able to do that. That's not going to change. Also, as I and Carlos mentioned, you can combine buying games and subscribing to a service on Xbox. You aren't forced to subscribe to Game Pass if you're an Xbox owner. To say that PlayStation and Nintendo owners prefer owning stuff more than Xbox is a very broad generalisation and I would take caution in stating things like that.

LtSarge

Grumblevolcano

@LtSarge Well look at what they did with Gold and Office. With Gold they price hiked Gold to force people onto Game Pass Ultimate, if the backlash didn't happen and they succeeded then they would've removed Gold after some time and made it that you needed Game Pass Ultimate to play games online. Fortunately the backlash was so big that Microsoft cancelled the price hike.

With Office, they removed the ability to buy Office as a permanent product so you have to constantly subscribe to be able to use it.

Grumblevolcano

Xbox Gamertag: Grumble Volcano

LtSarge

@Grumblevolcano By that logic, Nintendo is forcing everyone to subscribe to Switch Online Service in order to play NES and SNES games because that's the only way you can play those games on the Switch. You can't buy them there either. It's the same thing with PlayStation, you can't buy PS3 games on PS4/PS5 and the only way to play them there is to subscribe to PS Now.

LtSarge

BrilliantBill

I was kind of looking around to find the right place to bring up this topic. I think since this is a general thread this must be ok to do it here.

So what has been bothering me the past few weeks is the issue of availability on the new-gen consoles. Currently we are a good 6 month or more from the time both consoles launched globally and so far where I live (Berlin,Germany) both Xbox and PS5 consoles have been out of stock almost all the time. The Series is widely in stock and even available physically on the shelves (which is a bit sus about how popular it can be in the future but that is a topic for another time).

So far I haven't been able to order the console on any online or physical shop common in Germany. Also I haven't seen any friends being able to get their hands on either console without going through eBay and scalpers. In the past generation later into the generation some mobile providers like O2 started offering a interest-free financing on the consoles which really helped with the affordability and this gen Microsoft offered the All Access but again, it is not currently available in Germany in any form as far as I know.

Announcing all the games/services for consoles is fine and all. But I think with Covid situation slowly improving in many countries, it is about time that we get some info about when we can expect to buy these consoles in a Normal way,
like we used to.

BrilliantBill

Tasuki

Buying a console the pre-COVID way is up to the stores like Walmart, Target, Gamestop etc not Microsoft or Sony, all they do is ship the consoles to the distribution centers. With the consoles in high demand still and being only available online is no doubt making things worst due to bots but stores are more reluctant to sell them in stores due to the damages that can ne caused. For example look at how Target pulled Pokémon cards from their stores due to the masses fighting over them and such.

Once demand for the Series X/S and PS5 go away then we will probably see them popping up in stores.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Senua

Senua

Senua

Senua

LtSarge

@Senua I literally predicted this back in September last year lol: https://www.purexbox.com/forums/xbox-series-x/which_studios_s...

"Microsoft doesn't need to acquire entire companies though. For example, which company right now has dormant but well-established IPs that haven't seen a new entry in a fairly long time? Konami. However, Konami doesn't really care much about developing games anymore so buying them would be wasteful for Microsoft. They should instead buy out their IPs, such as Metal Gear, Silent Hill, Castlevania etc. and put them under the umbrella of a company who's actually willing to pay these franchises the attention they deserve. Microsoft does need a series in the stealth genre like Metal Gear, and Silent Hill could easily be revived if the series were given to Bloober Team (under the presumption that Microsoft has acquired them already)."

Granted it's not been confirmed that it's about Silent Hill but still, can't believe that I even brought this up lol.

LtSarge

Senua

@LtSarge From Bluebox to Bloober we came a long way within few days.

Senua

Senua

Edited on by Senua

Senua

Krzzystuff

@Senua they really getting exposed all over the place now aren't they. I wonder if this has always been a thing or just since the numbers man took over the helm?

Krzzystuff

Xbox Gamertag: Krzzystuff

Senua

@Krzzystuff “Gamepass must be a dream come true for these devs. Makes you think how many applications they must receive for the service. I think game-pass service is what are making these indie devs come forward and call Sony out in their BS, they know game-pass will provide better exposure and sales, they are not afraid anymore.“

Untitled

Edited on by Senua

Senua

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic