Forums

Topic: General Xbox Series X Thread

Posts 101 to 107 of 107

infinite86

Can't wait for the Series X.

infinite86

BlueOcean

A guy is leaking what is, according to him, PS5 pricing.

$499, €499 and £449 for PS5

$399, €399 and £349 for PS 5AD

If this is true, Series X should be $399, €399 and £349 to be competitive.

Is this what you expect? If you ask me, yes but I expect PS 5AD to be 50 and not 100 cheaper.

https://www.givemesport.com/1578124-the-prices-of-both-playst...

Edited on by BlueOcean

BlueOcean

BrilliantBill

@BlueOcean
This is probably going to happen. The AD version ties the owner for life of the generation to only the PS Store. Apparently Sony makes an extra 8$ per purchase off PS Store (compared to physical) so after buying 8-9 games this gap is covered.

I think series X will price itself next to normal disc version of PS5 at 499$ but if Microsoft wants to really hurt Sony's chances they can sell SX for 399$ (but then the question remains on how to price Lockhart that it stays relevant).

It appears that Microsoft's huge focus is just increasing GamePass subs. Hence the recent sales on One S and One X for really subsidised prices. In that case SX for 399$ is not impossible.

BrilliantBill

Ryall

@BlueOcean I’m expecting a repeat of the Xbox One X and S price structures. With the Xbox series X being the same price the Xbox One X launch at 499$. I would expect to the Lockhart to be the same as the cheapest Xbox One S at launch 299$. I would expect the Xbox series consoles to supersede the Xbox ones rather than be sold alongside them.

As for the PlayStation I have no reason to disagree with your $499, €499 and £449 for PS5 and $399, €399 and £349 for PS 5AD. I would expect them to discontinue the PlayStation 4 pro and continue selling the PlayStation 4 slim for around $249 has a HD console to compete with the Lockhart.

Ryall

BrilliantBill

@Ryall I also think the current consoles will be discontinued and then sold on heavy discount until supply dries up. But they can always be sold for some very affordable prices bundled with several big hits games to bring people into the respective ecosystems.

@BlueOcean
Pricing PS5 Digital at 399$ is probably all the "loss" and "sacrifice" Sony is ready to make to sell the consoles. It will be really interesting to see how all of this plays out in sales numbers in the end.

BrilliantBill

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic