Forums

Topic: General Xbox Series X|S Thread

Posts 101 to 120 of 1,430

BrilliantBill

@Ryall I also think the current consoles will be discontinued and then sold on heavy discount until supply dries up. But they can always be sold for some very affordable prices bundled with several big hits games to bring people into the respective ecosystems.

@BlueOcean
Pricing PS5 Digital at 399$ is probably all the "loss" and "sacrifice" Sony is ready to make to sell the consoles. It will be really interesting to see how all of this plays out in sales numbers in the end.

BrilliantBill

Banjo-

@BrilliantBill Yes, it's very interesting. Xbox One X have sold out already on Microsoft.com (US). Now it's time for Series X to match PS 5AD price because the real competitor of PS5 and PS 5AD is Series X. If leaks above are true, PS 5AD is 400 so that's the price to match.

https://www.xbox.com/en-us/consoles/all-consoles

Banjo-

Heavyarms55

I heard someone talking about a rumor that the "other model" of the series X might be some kind of portable device - which strikes me as massively unlikely. Anyone know anything about this rumor and if there is any real weight behind it?

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

FraserG

@Heavyarms55 Everything I've seen and heard about the Lockhart / Series S suggests it isn't a handheld device. If you mean the other one (the "Edinburgh"), no one seems to know right now, and honestly it might not even be another console at all.

Edited on by FraserG

News Editor, Pure Xbox

Twitter:

DarkRula

Could always be an Xbox branded handheld device purely for xCloud related stuff. Keeps the same OS and UI as the consoles, but allows you to take your gaming on the go while also allowing you to dock it when home. Like the Switch concept except there would be no physical media and very little storage space since it's pretty much a cloud-based device.

DarkRula

Xbox Gamertag: DarkRula

Heavyarms55

@FraserG I know basically nothing about it. I just heard people talking about the possibility.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

gingataisen

According to a recently deleted tweet, Ubisoft confirmed the following:

Far Cry 6 Xbox One X: native 4K
Far Cry 6 Series X: native 4K
No other console(s) mentioned. Like, at all. đŸ˜±

Edited on by gingataisen

gingataisen

Ryall

@gingataisen Even when the resolution is the same The extra power can be channelled into things like increasing foliage density increasing draw distances and ray tracing to improved shadows and reflections. It could also be used to run a higher or more stable frame rate.

As for why other consoles weren’t mentioned I seriously doubt any last generation consoles other than the One X could push it to 4K. As the other NextGen consoles with less powerful GPUs. They may have decided to retain parity in visual features and have a more dynamic resolution. Or it could just be an oversight.

Ryall

Senua

@Ryall It seems we are already starting to see the performance delta that we have been talking about. Is this something IGN will be comfortable to show now?

Edited on by Senua

Senua

Senua

@KratosMD 2nd party games like The medium and Scorn will have the option for next gen exclusivity because of their limited manpower. But huge franchises like Halo will support cross gen for few years. Please don’t believe in biased media like Gamespot twisting his words for sensational headlines and go check the actual interview.

Edited on by Senua

Senua

Banjo-

I'm happy that Series X is prioritising frame rate because PS5 first-party games are 30 FPS only.

Banjo-

Senua

@BlueOcean It’s ironic when ps5 shows 30fps, no media talks about it, they say it’s “filmic”.

Edited on by Senua

Senua

gingataisen

@Ryall
Your guess is as good as mine but, why delete the tweet? Maybe they're not ready to talk about the game in detail? Maybe it's still a work in progress? This whole walking-on-eggshells approach to communicate on social media is weird to me.

gingataisen

Senua

@BlueOcean Hello everyone, a developer has recently praised Microsoft’s game changing streaming technology called SFS. He has lucidly explained it’s exact workings. I recommend going through this blog, it’s actually very interesting how Sony put all their eggs in an SSD basket and MS has divided the talent up for everything like Mesh Shading which is an entire next generation redesign from primitive shaders.
https://gamingbolt.com/xbox-series-xs-sampler-feedback-stream...

Edited on by Senua

Senua

Banjo-

@Z3u5000 Thanks for the link. It seems that Microsoft designed a more balanced and powerful console while Sony invested half of the budget in a faster SSD. It's nice to hear not just what Microsoft talks but some indie developers explaining how it works.

Banjo-

Banjo-

@Z3u5000 The good thing about Series X is that expansion cards are exactly the same as the internal memory. I expect Microsoft/Seagate to release 2TB memory cards soon. I think that the 825GB capacity of PS5 is an annoying compromise.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic