Forums

Topic: What (Non-Xbox) Game Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 141 to 160 of 209

Lup

I'm loving and hating XCOM 2 on PS4 and finishing (100%) the first DLC of Assassin's Creed Origins (also PS4). I wanna finish both DLCs before jumping to Odyssey again.

Lup

XandertheWise

Playing regular Monster Hunter Rise for my Nintendo Switch Lite along with Ni No Kuni II and Mega Man X7

then for my Playstation 3: Assassins Creed Brotherhood, Tales of Symphonia along with Dino Crisis and Mega Man Legends 1 and Final Fantasy XIII

and for my Nintendo 3DS; Alliance Alive, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon and Yo Kai Watch 3

XandertheWise

XandertheWise

I have the time to play them of course

Balta666 wrote:

@XandertheWise how can you play so many games at the same time lol?
The maximum games I play simultaneously is 2

XandertheWise

XandertheWise

well i do have the time to play the games that i have. Plus Im not married and I dont have kids in the way

XandertheWise

XandertheWise

anyway

Just yesterday i got back into playing God of War 1 for my Playstation 3. Beat the annoying giant armored bull boss

XandertheWise

RR529

Klonoa: Door to Phantomile in Phantasy Reverie (Steam) - Just started this up today & have most recently completed level 3-2 (the one with the plant boss).

Big Kirby vibes in terms of tone & aesthetic. With how strong a following the pink puff has, hopefully this remaster will give Klonoa another chance to break out. Simple graphically, but it has a strong aesthetic and I don't think I've ever seen a 2.5 platformer make such good use of the fact that it exists in a 3D world (maybe the modern DKC games come close in this regard).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Berserker7

Assasins creed Odyssey

Berserker7

Balta666

I have been playing Mario rabbids Sparks of hope. It is more of the same and that is a good thing however as you start with almost all playable characters from the get go and I already had a favourite team from the previous game (Mario + peaches) I cannot bring myself to play the others. Also the skills trees appear to be less evolved (but I don't remember it that well)

RR529

Pac-Man World RePac (Steam) - I'm on the final world & think I only have two levels left (one of which being the final boss). The gameplay doesn't flow as smoothly as a Mario or Astro Bot game, but it's still pretty solid & I think it does a great job of mixing in the "Pac-Man" elements giving it an identity of it's own (imaginative variety in terms of boss fights too, it must be said). Glad it gives out loads of extra lives too. I honestly haven't had that much issue with it overall, but I lost over 15 lives alone on 6-1 due to the fact that a lot of it consists of small floating platforms (some that move or disappear) where it's hard to orient yourself & I'd jump into the abyss constantly (to think this has apparently made a number of QOL improvements over the original, to boot). Graphically it looks lovely too. If I didn't know any better I'd think it was a completely modern game, and the world themes are very varied.

Star Ocean: the Divine Force (PS5) - I don't think it's optimized very well, as even on fidelity mode it doesn't always hit the 30FPS target (though issues mostly pop up in cutscenes, oddly enough, gameplay is usually solid), and apparently the PS4 & PC versions are even worse off in that regard from what I've heard. That said I'm having a lot of fun with it. Flying/gliding around the environments with "D.U.M.A." is a blast & it's fun to use in combat as well. I like the sci-fi element (it's set on a fantasy world with magic, however the protag & some of the other party members are space travellers from Earth who have crash landed here), and it's the first large-ish JRPG I've played since XC2 that's so willing to be endearingly cheesy. Just cleared a dungeon that climaxed with a boss fight against a big blue bird, and have now arrived at the capital.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Lup

Since I've recently got PS Plus Extra, I'm trying Ghost of Tsushima for the first time. Not really feeling it so far. All that talk about honor really takes me out of the immersion. All samurai so far have used only katanas too, which really annoys me. I guess I just have to accept it's not going to be historically accurate. But haven't been able to change my mindset just yet.

Lup

RR529

Sackboy: A Big Adventure (PS5) - Just did the thing where you beat the "final boss" but it's not the final boss (looks like I have one more regular level & then the true final boss left to go), which for various reasons I was expecting. It definitely seems a bit more challenging overall compared to your average platformer, but the fact that it's not quite as tight to play as Mario or Astro Bot might play a part. It definitely has some memorable levels though.

Samurai Maiden (Steam) - A surprisingly pretty competent action game (sometimes you can't tell with these ecchi games), so far I think a 6 or 7 would be a fair assessment. So far I've completed the first 8 story missions and a few of the "bubble pocket" side missions (which are pretty much required for upgrade purposes). I wouldn't call it a straight up warriors clone though, and would say it mixes elements of Ninja Gaiden/Bayonetta type games, yes a bit of Warriors, and I'll guess & even say a bit of Souls (though this is just a guess as I haven't played any of those).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Lup

Marvel's Spiderman. Pretty average so far. It feels like a reskin of The Amazing Spiderman 1 & 2. Nothing wrong with that, I liked those games. But after all the hype and praise I was pretty dissapointed it's just that.

Lup

RR529

This probably doesn't exactly fit here, but I can't think of where else to put it.

Some screenshots from my Steam year in review infographic.

Untitled

August - September were clearly my XC3 months as I didn't touch my laptop then (ignore the translucent bar on Sept, it's only there because my finger was touching the screen there).

Untitled

My games this year: platformers, anime boobs, and a few indies (surprised Final Fantasy Type 0 made my top 5 played games given I dropped it I assume pretty early on. Just goes to show how quickly most platformers can be cleared, and indies tend to be short).

Untitled

A graph of my gaming interests apparently, which I find highly suspect, lol.

I have no idea how "cats" is so high up given that Stray was only my 7th most played game & I can't possibly think of what else is contributing to the statistic. I think Lollipop! has a few catgirl scenarios (exceedingly NSFW game, look up at your own peril), but again it's such a short game it can't contribute much.

I'm confused at the "LGBT+" statistic as well. I can only assume the ecchi trio (Gun Gun Pixies, Senran Kagura, Samurai Maiden) are being counted as they feature yuri elements at various levels, even though they probably wouldn't generally be counted as particularly "progressive" titles (clearly intended for the "male gaze" & all that, not that I have a problem with that, lol).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Deljo

Arcade 1up big buck, missus got me it for Xmas. Its great with a drink 😁

Deljo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic