Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch Discussion

Posts 121 to 128 of 128

RR529

The KH games themselves being cloud versions is absolutely asinine (other than maybe III), but I can't help but be ecstatic over Sora in Smash. I've kinda fallen out of love with the KH series as I've gotten older (or maybe just III was meh), but seeing Sora being introduced to the Nintendo world rekindled a childhood fantasy of mine & it brought absolute joy to my face. I thought this was a pretty good pass already with Sephiroth & Pyra/Mythra, but Sora really is the dream come true cherry on top for me.

Fantastic intro video too. At various points I thought we were getting some sort of reworked playable version of Master Hand, a Dark Souls rep, & even Alphen from the recently released Tales of Arise (and honestly, Bandai Namco probably did deserve more than just Pac-Man since they helped work on the game).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RR529

I got to the final boss in Metroid Dread last night, and routinely got my butt kicked.

To be fair, by about the 3rd time I could clear the first phase with (near) full health, but he always seems to get me during the second phase, even only through war of attrition (I got good at dodging most of his attacks, but he always nickel & dimes me with that rapid fire attack & eventually wears me down before I can complete the phase).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Balta666

@RR529 yeah, 2nd stage is a pain because it is very very long and I would recommend to not use at least half of your missiles as they do not give them back at the end of that stage. In general take your time to dodge everything and hit him only when you're sure you won't be damaged and train your Spin jump flying as it needs to be on point

Balta666

RR529

Untitled

That final boss can @#$& right off, lol. Seriously, I played Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1 & 2 a few months ago, and that was still one of the toughest bosses I've experienced all year. Satisfying to put him down, though.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

Played for just over 1:40 today in SMTV (according to in game counter). Still at the first proper save point (I'd go out & explore, come back, go out again, etc.) and have a full team now (Nahobino, Pixie, Slime, & Petra) with the MC at level 7 & everyone else level 5 I believe.

Aesthetically it looks interesting, though everything feels just a bit constantly choppy roaming around the overworld (probably because I just finished playing a couple games on my laptop at a pretty consistent 60FPS, so I'll have to get used to mostly hitting 30), though of course this isn't a problem in combat. Definitely more tense than your typical JRPG (magic seems to be your biggest path to success, though that MP drains quickly).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

ralphdibny

NSO mega drive controllers are available to order in the UK now!

ralphdibny

Ryu_Niiyama

At 110 hours I need a break from Age of Calamity but wow this has to be the most enjoyable spin off I have ever played. Like I don’t wanna play as Link anymore. I’ll likely have to do another run through of BOTW to prepare me for Mr. Grunty again. Will start of Great Ace Attorney. Started it on 3ds and got distracted by other games so this will be my first real playthrough.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

Xbox Gamertag: Ryu Niiyama

Raffles

@Ryu_Niiyama It does look really good, but how was the performance? I heard the framerate is pretty choppy. Despite that, do you feel it's a big step up from the original Hyrule Warriors?

Raffles

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic