Forums

Topic: New Xbox One Dashboard preview

Posts 1 to 12 of 12

Captain_Chao5

Anyone else get this message today?
"Time to register for the next big Xbox One preview! To opt in, open the Xbox Preview Dashboard, go to Registration, and select Preview – Latest Xbox One Experience."
Looks like there is a new dashboard coming.

You don't stop gaming because you get old, you get old because you stop gaming.

Xbox Gamertag: Captain Chao5

Captain_Chao5

Okay. So I jumped the gun. Ken has just posted a newsfeed about it.

You don't stop gaming because you get old, you get old because you stop gaming.

Xbox Gamertag: Captain Chao5

stylon

Yeah I got that message a few days ago - I had to opt in. I did waver momentarily, remembering the times I cursed being in the program when I turned on my Xbox only for it to start updating again, but the prospect of shiny new things before everyone else got the better of me.

Kind of gutted that my Kinect has bit the dust (yet again) so I'll need to pickup a replacement to take advantage of the new Cortana integration... My first one was replaced under my extended Game warranty last year but that's expired now so I'll be looking at a 2nd hand one,,, not paying £100 for a new one!!!

stylon

Xbox Gamertag: stylon

stylon

Got the new dash. New collections organisation options are great. New store looks great but is frustratingly slow and Cortana is rubbish... Takes ages to work out what I'm saying and often gets it wrong... Also can't stand saying 'hey Cortana' before everything either... How about you?

stylon

Xbox Gamertag: stylon

SuperKMx

@stylon: In short, I want to stuff Cortana into a cannon and fire her/it into the sun.

It knows what I'm saying, but does whatever it feels like. "Hey Cortana, open Netflix" will be recognised as "Hey Cortana, open Netflix" 100% of the time, but 30% of the time it ends up with Cortana either opening Netflix, and the other 70% sees it opening Microsoft Edge and going to Netflix.com.

Plus losing "Xbox Play" is killer, given that "Hey Cortana, Play" doesn't seem to work half the time.

I've switched it off entirely now, to be honest.

Ken Barnes,
Freelance Writer, Full-Time Idiot.

Xbox Gamertag: SuperKMx | Twitter:

stylon

Couldn't agree more. I've turned it off too... Unless it improves drastically I hope the option to keep it turned off is always there, but knowing Microsoft it'll become compulsory...

I made sure to give it a poor review in the survey anyway.

Do you suffer from the slow store too? Used to be really snappy but now I just sit looking at a spinning green circle for several seconds as I go from one section of the store to another

stylon

Xbox Gamertag: stylon

BAMozzy

I know it defeats the purpose, but the preview video did say that using a headset increases accuracy and consistency for Cortana

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Xbox Gamertag: bamozzy

stylon

My Kinect is kaput right now so I was using my headset

stylon

Xbox Gamertag: stylon

SuperKMx

@stylon: Yeah, store is very slow. Yesterday's update improved it a bit, though.

@BAMozzy: Absolutely. Problem isn't with what it picks up, though, as it shows what it thinks you've said. What's weird is that it hears me say "Hey Cortana, open Netflix" and those exact words show on screen, but then it just sort of...does whatever the heck it wants to.

Edited on by SuperKMx

Ken Barnes,
Freelance Writer, Full-Time Idiot.

Xbox Gamertag: SuperKMx | Twitter:

BAMozzy

@SuperKMx: Typical woman (only joking)

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Xbox Gamertag: bamozzy

BAMozzy

@SuperKMx: LMAO - probably the better option....

just don't ask my ex-wife though, no doubt she would say that was more typical of me...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Xbox Gamertag: bamozzy

Top

  • Pages:
  • 1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic