Forums

Topic: Dark Souls III

Posts 381 to 400 of 453

A_BabyRed_Yoshi

@crippyd: Oh and if you've gotten the coiled sword, use that when yer done to teleport back to the bonfire. It makes it slightly faster than running back, but not a big deal

Guinea pig owner, Xbox gamer.

Xbox Gamertag: A BabyRed Yoshi

ChopperCampbell

@crippyd If you're at the Dragon Masuleum you're at a great farming spot. As you come out from the bonfire there will be two sets of stairs on the right leading up. Straight across will be a knight who is summoned by a mystic on a balcony at the top of the stairs. Get in behind the knight as he's summoned and backstab him, then finish him off before he gets up. The mystic will then summon another knight. If you've got the Silver Covetous Serpent ring and the Shiel of Want you should get over 5000 souls for every knight you kill. I was getting 100000 every ten minutes or so. And if you mess up you're right beside the bonfire to respawn and collect your lost souls before starting again.

ChopperCampbell

Xbox Gamertag: ChopperCampbell

crippyd

@ChopperCampbell I have the ring but I'm not sure I have the shield but thank you for the tip, I will give that a go to net me some souls.

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

sorethumbed

@crippyd: Grand Archives. 4 priests 1 on the way then 3 by wax bath. Fastest.
Arnor Londo two knights by bonfire. Pull first fast with a bow then go backwards till PAST bonfire (saves pulling 2 at once). This one is slower as knights have good defence and hit hard. Pyromancy mugs them tho.
Archives gives 14k/min with Shield of want, Covetous Silver and Symbol of Avarice (Helmet that lookslike a chest)
There are two ways to get the helmet.
1. Kill every Mimic in the game
2. Hit mimic/ Use talisman to send it to sleep/ Rinse repeat till empty/dead. Obviously using shield & ssr helps with item 2. In first playthrough, I wound up with 4 or 5. BE WARNED using the helmet constantly drains health so you need a fast farm spot as above.

Ancient, Angry, Armed and Inbound.

Xbox Gamertag: Sorethumbed

crippyd

@sorethumbed thanks very much for the detailed advice, I'll take it up next time I fire up the game.

crippyd

sorethumbed

Use the same methods for farming covenant rep items. Trouble is with them theyre very lowdrops.
Farron keep ruins - 3 ghu drop covenant items (
Arnor Londo - those two knights ditto.
Catacombs of Carthus redeye knights

Theyre all farmable using this method but madly slow. Leave till endgame. Respec luck up and use all items and coins. Still takes a ton oftime. 2-3 hours+ per covenant.

Edited on by sorethumbed

Ancient, Angry, Armed and Inbound.

Xbox Gamertag: Sorethumbed

holchasaur

So, IGN finally released the voting results from the "Who's the hardest boss in Dark Souls III" poll. Look at the difference in votes between #1 and #2! Seems The Nameless King has really earned a name for himself!

@crippyd: Thanks, man. I've missed this thread!

Reviews Editor, Pure Xbox
Reviewer, Nintendo Life

Xbox Gamertag: holchasaur | Twitter:

A_BabyRed_Yoshi

@DRL: that's funny, I completely disagree with that list from my playthroughs! Pontiff as #2..? He's so easy he's never killed me once!
Without summons, abyss watchers is my worst, followed by Aldrich, the Dancer, and I guess the twin princes

Guinea pig owner, Xbox gamer.

Xbox Gamertag: A BabyRed Yoshi

crippyd

Had a couple of tries at the nameless king, beat the first part no trouble but the second part, man, that is hard! Got about two hits in and got smashed to bits!

crippyd

stylon

Is there any way to recover your health without burning an ember? When I've run into tricky battles I've been using embers to restore my full health but didn't realise they were finite in supply. Besides what you find, the old woman only has maybe a dozen or so for sale...

Also how do you apply fire (or lightning or whatever) to your sword? I tried this last night with my Pine Resin and it just wouldn't let me. Tried 'using' it from my inventory, equipping it into my quick use menu thing and also assigning it to D-pad down but he just did that motion he does when he can't find what he's looking for (like when you run out of arrows).

stylon

Xbox Gamertag: stylon

crippyd

@stylon There is no way to restore full health other than the ember or resting at a fire. You can get a ring that gives you a little health back for killing the enemies. As for using the stuff like lightning etc you do just select it from your inventory and select use (as long as you have a weapon equipped in your right hand) and it has an animation of sliding his hand along the sword and it gets the boost applied.

crippyd

stylon

@crippyd: Sorry I meant to restore the full length health bar, rather than just refill the shorter one... but if there's no way then doesn't make much difference I suppose.

That's exactly what I was doing... I have a sword in my right hand (Black Knight Sword) and selected 'use' from the Inventory... also tried pressing X whilst having it equipped in the same location as the Estus flask and he just did that 'not happening' animation.

stylon

Xbox Gamertag: stylon

crippyd

@stylon All you need to do is go to your inventory (not the d pad) and select use and it'll do as I said above. Take it out of the d pad location and just select it from the inventory menu and all should be rosy.

crippyd

crippyd

@DRL I've just got to the Grand Archives and unlocked the elevator shortcut at the bonfire. The last boss I beat was the Dragonslayer Armour and as I said above, I tried to beat the Nameless King and left him until I'm much more leveled up. I'm currently sitting on a level 99 character and I want to up my strength and dexterity to 40 (both at 34 now).

crippyd

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.