Forums

Topic: Dark Souls III

Posts 361 to 380 of 453

Red620Ti

I had to summon a phantom to do it, but he played the role Crippy says he performs...As I said before, all it needed was the Benny Hill music!

"Justin Bieber looks like a lesbian i'd like to ****..." - Megakillscreen,out of frickin' nowhere!

Xbox Gamertag: Red620Ti

Red620Ti

@sorethumbed: They were by the handle to make the bell ring, or near the bonfire just past there...If you're still having trouble when you get back there, let me know and i'll help you!

"Justin Bieber looks like a lesbian i'd like to ****..." - Megakillscreen,out of frickin' nowhere!

sorethumbed

So today I had the ultimate Mimic cheese. Ran back to a ladder and kicked him to death. Lol it took a time! So it was a MimKick. Recorded the end of it for posterity BTW your ladder kick does a massive 9 damage to a mimic with each kick. 😊😊😊

Ancient, Angry, Armed and Inbound.

Xbox Gamertag: Sorethumbed

Red620Ti

Lol, just watched that!

ChopperCampbell

And no sooner had i posted that rage induced comment, I summoned a guy who almost single handedly hacked apart that poor excuse for a seagull and his weird rider.

ChopperCampbell

Xbox Gamertag: ChopperCampbell

crippyd

Does anyone know of any easy ish grinding spots? I'm up to the Dragon mausoleum so anything before that. I'm looking to get about 20 levels and currently 1 level is about 35K souls. Cheers guys

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

stylon

@crippyd: You found a cool new weapon that requires a big boost in stats to use then?

stylon

Xbox Gamertag: stylon

crippyd

@stylon Unfortunately not, I need to boost my level so that I'm more in line with my co op buddy so he can use more of his power as the game is matching him to me. I have a Dark sword +10 and the Hollow Slayer is at +3 (I think) and I'm also trying to get my Uchigatana up to +10 so that I've got a variety of weapons. I would also like to investigate adding gems/stones to complement my strength/dexterity build.

crippyd

stylon

@crippyd: Gotcha! I've stuck with my Trusty Hollow Slayer too... can't upgrade it any further yet as I need Titanite Slabs and I've not managed to find any yet...

stylon

crippyd

@stylon The old dear at firelink sells them for about 4k per stone so if you only need a couple it might be worth dropping her a few quid. I think mine needs some quite rare thing to get to the next level. The Dark Sword +10 is a good weapon, it is faster and better than the Hollow Slayer, you use less stamina swinging it so can get in more hits and its a higher damage output too.

Edited on by crippyd

crippyd

stylon

@crippyd: You know I never even noticed that she sold those... I just refill my arrows and sell he my old tat on autopilot... will pay more attention to her wares next time I visit.

Didn't know the Dark Sword used less stamina... that's actually quite a big deal as stamina is slow going to upgrade! Thanks for the tip

stylon

crippyd

@stylon My strength and dexterity are both at 30 so if yours are less that will have an impact on the damage of the Dark Sword as, I believe, it scales on both dex and str. I've just got my stamina to 30 and am trying to get dex + str to 40 and up vitality to 30 so I can carry a bit more stuff. Grindtastic!!

crippyd

stylon

@crippyd: Think mine are both around the 20 mark... most of my points have gone into the stat that allows you to carry stuff so I can strut around in my heavy armour and have a big sheild lol. Not really bothered grinding at all yet...

Don't know about you but I find it hard to compare weapons... my currently equipped weapon might be +3 and do say 200 damage or whatever but I might find one that does 150 damage but isn't plus anything. Never know whether it would be worth the investment to bring it up to +3 as it might still be worse than my current weapon!

stylon

crippyd

@stylon Totally agree with you there. Does the guide not have a table showing the upgrade paths for the weapons? I noticed it does for the character attributes. I think its about finding a weapon you like and going with that.

crippyd

stylon

@crippyd: Yep the guide totally provides all that info... doh!

Seems the Hollow Sword is the 4th best Great Sword, best one is the Black Knight Sword... but I think you're right about focussing on one weapon you like and sticking with it. Don't have enough resources to go about upgrading loads of different weapons.

stylon

crippyd

@stylon Oh, I have the Black Knight Sword, I'll have to get some upgrades on that baby! I think I used that one almost exclusively in DS2. I'll also have to have a look at the weapon upgrades etc as I've only just started the walkthrough part of the book.

crippyd

A_BabyRed_Yoshi

@crippyd: Anor Londo is my favorite. There's 2 knights on the stairs, and one knight to the right of the stairs at the top.
The first knight has a spear and will always do a long distance electric charge attack. Just lock on and walk to your right and he will always miss, backstab and kill. The other 2 knights have swords, they will almost always do a lightning slam thing. Lock on as they come towards you and circle around them till they're done, and backstab to kill. They usually do the slam twice, but sometimes only once so just watch them closely. The 3rd knight is tougher but he drops a ton of souls.
Once you get into a groove there, it makes for insanely fast farming

Edited on by A_BabyRed_Yoshi

Guinea pig owner, Xbox gamer.

Xbox Gamertag: A BabyRed Yoshi

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.