Forums

Topic: Dark Souls III

Posts 301 to 320 of 453

stylon

@A_BabyRed_Yoshi: I found this boss quite difficult so I summoned the phantom for this fight and was able to complete it first try. Don't know if it was because I was already well versed in their moves or just got lucky but I made sure he didn't die during phase one... and he was a huge help during phase 2, in fact he landed the killing blow!

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Stylon/video/17347543

stylon

Xbox Gamertag: stylon

stylon

@sorethumbed: Thanks that helped a lot... I took the plunge and infused a fire gem into one of my swords yesterday and it's pretty cool... although I was slightly disappointed it wasn't actually on fire and didn't leave fire trails when I was swinging it like the Abyss Watchers did

The points thing is quite a struggle... I've stuck with my Knight Armour, big swords, big shield, longbow plus rings, torch and a staff - heavy stuff basically... consequently I've had to put a lot of points into Vitality to allow me to stay within the 70% load mark. Still need a few extra points to allow me to put my gauntlets back on after picking up a bigger, better and heavier sword lol

I've not come across a poison gem yet but I'll be sure to do what you suggested when I do. Been on the receiving end of poison a few times myself and it's not a pleasant experience, especially if I've got nothing on me to cure it...

Edited on by stylon

stylon

Red620Ti

Did a little Twitch last night to try and test my shiny new broadband...NG+ gameplay, shows me getting wrecked a couple of times!

Can't link it here for some reason, so have a look for me on Twitch if you want to have a look.

Edited on by Red620Ti

"Justin Bieber looks like a lesbian i'd like to ****..." - Megakillscreen,out of frickin' nowhere!

Xbox Gamertag: Red620Ti

stylon

@Red620Ti: Strangely the link appeared just fine in the new response to thread email I just got!

Will have a gander during my lunch if it'll get though work filter/firewalls. Do you get to keep all your stuff and stats when you start again or is back to square one?

stylon

Red620Ti

Naw, you keep everything. You also don't need to find all the Estus shards/Undead bones in one playthrough as they are cumulative!

Currently wrecking stuff with my Irythll sword +5!

"Justin Bieber looks like a lesbian i'd like to ****..." - Megakillscreen,out of frickin' nowhere!

crippyd

Is it worth me killing the small version of the frost frog boss for the sword he drops? I managed to sneak past him and open the door to the fire but I'm quite a lot stronger than when I first encountered him.

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

Red620Ti

Thats the one I'm using, its awesome!

stylon

@Red620Ti: That was a good watch... Vordt seemed a lot tougher, even with 14 +10 Estus flasks to chug down and the help of the Sword Master he bested you. You pwned him 2nd time around though. With the Rotted Great Tree I was saying to myself take a swig of your estus or he'll have you... and he did lol. It's so easy to lose track in the heat of battle though...

Had to laugh when you made peace with the giant and then immediately started stabbing him to death! Is the Hawk Ring you got from killing him any good? Might go back and kill him myself if it is

Where did you get that cool helmet from if you don't mind me asking and how are you able to survive massive falls with no damage?

stylon

crippyd

@stylon You can get a cat ring that stops you taking much damage when you fall and also you can do a spell to get the same effect.

crippyd

stylon

@crippyd: I tried the spell one, bought it off the guy in firelink shrine thinking I could get to the bottom of the 20,000 soul tower... Cast it and jumped off. And died from fall damage. Every. Single. Time. Was not happy that I was diddled out of 5000 souls for a dodgy spell...

Red didn't cast any dodgy spell so must have had the ring. Any idea where can I find this precious ring then please?

stylon

Red620Ti

I got it from an NPC for helping out, if you look at the top left of the screen you just see a little cat icon showing its in play. Description says it prevents fall damage, but this isn't actually the case, you can still die. As for the hawk ring, I'm not sure if it is any good, but theres an achievement for getting all the rings and I didn't have that so...Sorry Mr Giant! Crippy, it takes Twinkling Titanite to get to +4 and then a Titanite Slab to get to +5.

crippyd

@stylon I got it over the weekend but I can't remember where. It was either in the area near Pontiff Sulyvahn or High Lord Wolnir as those are the most recent achievements I've got. If you have a look in your official guide book I'm sure it'll be listed. Sorry for not being much help!

crippyd

stylon

@crippyd: No problem, I've not got that far yet so that'll be why it's news to me. I've only just reached the Cathedral of the Deep (place by a graveyard of endlessly spawning skeletons).

@Red620Ti: Thought there must have been a good reason for you killing him as he's a pretty useful ally if you ever go back to his shooting range lol

stylon

holchasaur

@stylon @Red620Ti If you guys weren't aware, there's a section of Cathedral of the Deep where the giant helps you out a bit. You might not want to kill him until you've thoroughly explored that area. After that, I'm not sure there's any real reason to keep him alive, though I usually wait until I've beat the final boss to kill NPCs and grab their goods. Now that I think about it, I believe the giant died on his own toward the very end of the game, and I was able to just walk up and snag the ring. Didn't even have to slaughter a friendly.

Reviews Editor, Pure Xbox
Reviewer, Nintendo Life

Xbox Gamertag: holchasaur | Twitter:

stylon

@DRL: that's good advice there Dave... Just bought the giant a stay of execution!

stylon

sorethumbed

@stylon: No probs. Next time, before you infuse look what effect that infusion will have on the weapon scaling (it usually changes it, ESPECIALLY when the weapon hits +4). You can also infuse and upgrade shields which can improve their resistance and stability (how easy you are to knock back). As regards to what you wear, you need to change it up a bit sometimes. With some of the bosses and a lot of the NPC's your armour doesn't do you a lot of good if you take a hit and its sometimes better to go light. Dunno how many times the dancer nailed me today until I put some lighter gear on and rolled out of trouble. Problem was she wasn't taking enough damage and you're always tempted to get another hit in -mistake 🙏🏻

Ancient, Angry, Armed and Inbound.

Xbox Gamertag: Sorethumbed

Red620Ti

@DRL: I understood that if you killed the giants in the Cathedral the truce was over?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.