Forums

Topic: Dark Souls III

Posts 321 to 340 of 453

sorethumbed

@stylon the hawk ring boosts bow range so as damage with a bow drops off drastically as range increases, then yup, it's a beaut if you rock a bow. More than the other two, the bow in this one allows you to do an awful lot of cheesing. Love it. First place my shards go.

Ancient, Angry, Armed and Inbound.

Xbox Gamertag: Sorethumbed

Red620Ti

The stray demon is a damn sight harder on NG+! Crystal Sage and Abyss Watchers went down in one attempt each again.......

"Justin Bieber looks like a lesbian i'd like to ****..." - Megakillscreen,out of frickin' nowhere!

Xbox Gamertag: Red620Ti

stylon

@sorethumbed: aaaaand that stay of execution has now been ripped to shreds. That ring shall be mine tonight! Nothing quite like shooting an enemy who can't physically get back at you

stylon

Xbox Gamertag: stylon

stylon

sorethumbed wrote:

Problem was she wasn't taking enough damage and you're always tempted to get another hit in -mistake 🙏🏻

That is often my undoing... I get greedy/impatient and take another swing when really I should be backing away. Good point about maybe not wearing the armour all the time... I came across some extra strong Cathedral Armour last night but it's soooo heavy... my next half dozen level ups would all need to be spent in vitality just to be able to wear it... maybe I need to be doing some grinding rather than pushing ahead all the time?

stylon

Red620Ti

@crippyd: No, hes the one whose fire seems to have gone out.

"Justin Bieber looks like a lesbian i'd like to ****..." - Megakillscreen,out of frickin' nowhere!

crippyd

@Red620Ti The one on the bridge? If he is get him to follow you so you go back down the stairs and just shoot him with arrows. If you stay at about half way down the stairs he just takes it until he dies.

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

Red620Ti

Yeah, I did that after he threw me clear off the bridge twice in a row!

sorethumbed

@stylon: There are a couple of good grinding spots.
Early(ish) Arnor Londo main bonfire, couple of Knights drop a reasonable number of souls. Arrow the first one to get him close faster (otherwise u get 2) and pull him past the bonfire which should stop the second aggro ing.
Later Grand Archives once you've cleared the annoyance. Lot of souls here!

As regards to the Hawk Ring, it saves you money in the end if you're a sniper/pinger as each arrow will do extra damage so less arrows used. I got through a lot of wedge in the archives today I can tell you.

stylon

DRL wrote:

If you guys weren't aware, there's a section of Cathedral of the Deep where the giant helps you out a bit.

I finished the Cathedral of the Deep section a couple of nights ago and don't remember getting any help off him at all unless I'm missing something? Getting across the roof beams to Rosarias bedroom was a pain in the arse too, kept getting knocked off by the knights until I got lucky and the one in the middle fell off himself and I just legged it...

Edited on by stylon

stylon

stylon

Beat High Lord Wolnir last night but have to confess I failed on my first half dozen attempts until I switched tactics and attacked his right (my left) arm first. Guide said I could summon a phantom in front of the door (but not in the room itself) but I just couldn't find where so had to go it alone. Annoyed I wasted a few embers though.

Also died once in the area before the rope bridge... I simply wasn't expecting to be mobbed by a couple of dozen crazy skeletons at once. They just overwhelmed me... like something out of Jason and the Argonauts!

Smouldering Lake is my next destination.... hoping I find that cat ring here @crippyd

stylon

crippyd

@stylon You are blasting through the game there mate. You seem to have really hit your stride. I'm thinking about starting again but I think I'll use my current guy so that I can be a bit over leveled and make it a bit easier on myself.

crippyd

stylon

@crippyd: You finished it then? Not really sure how far through the game I am to be honest... looking at the achievements I would guess I've still got a long way to go...

Don't think I'll play it again any time soon once (if!) I complete it... got too many other games needing some love and attention.

stylon

crippyd

@stylon No, I've not finished, still going co op through the game but since I bought the guide I thought it is only right that I use it so I can do solo when I'm not playing with my co op pal.

crippyd

A_BabyRed_Yoshi

Finished the game again, with the "evil" ending. Real cool stuff.
Also was spamming screenshots trying to get a cool desktop background....I succeeded

Guinea pig owner, Xbox gamer.

Xbox Gamertag: A BabyRed Yoshi

sorethumbed

Met up with the Princes this afternoon. Them kiddies is from Bristol innem? Theys aard! Done now tho. Playing with a dragon now. He's got really bad breath!

Edited on by sorethumbed

sorethumbed

@stylon: The chest on my head that you asked about is a rare drop from mimic chests. It's called the symbol of avarice and raises your item discovery rate and souls gained at the cost of constantly draining health. Best kept for short runs! So for farming:
Gold &a Silver covetous rings, Shield of Want and Symbol of Avarice. There's a staff you can use as well but I don't have as yet.
In the other games there were clothes items as well but haven't found any of those yet. I was going to cut the best bits from those into a single vid to show you a good farming spot (nets about 14.5k/min in game for four kills, use the item from dark shrine to return to bonfire rinse/repeat.

A_BabyRed_Yoshi

@sorethumbed: Wheres the gold covetous ring? I found the one in the firelink shrine in the chest
Going to Anor Londo on NG+ is insane! You get 30k souls a minute

Edited on by A_BabyRed_Yoshi

Guinea pig owner, Xbox gamer.

Xbox Gamertag: A BabyRed Yoshi

sorethumbed

@A_BabyRed_Yoshi: Found it whilst doing Siegwards quests somewhere. There is a different (better) one in NG and then a better one still in NG+ (They are in different locations though. There are a couple of videos on the internet that show the locations.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.