Forums

Topic: Dark Souls III

Posts 201 to 220 of 453

stylon

Beat vordt on my second try after all that worrying... keeping up his butt was actually terrific advice. I unlocked the shortcut beforehand and also beat the master? by the Firelink shrine but didn't know how to summon him to fight Vordt so faced him alone.

Actually thought beating the master was more difficult :-/

After I beat Vordt my health bar doubled in size nearly

Thanks for all the advice - much appreciated.

Edited on by stylon

stylon

Xbox Gamertag: stylon

A_BabyRed_Yoshi

@stylon: Congrats!! Killing any boss is no small feat, you're doing really well!
Lol the butt thing usually works for any boss with the same anatomy as vordt, I'm glad it helped

Guinea pig owner, Xbox gamer.

Xbox Gamertag: A BabyRed Yoshi

Red620Ti

@stylon : Good job! The doubling in size of the bar is because when you beat a boss, it puts you in an embered state. When you are embered, thats when you can see the summon signs for NPCs and other players to come and give you a hand.

"Justin Bieber looks like a lesbian i'd like to ****..." - Megakillscreen,out of frickin' nowhere!

Xbox Gamertag: Red620Ti

stylon

@crippyd: Yeah... not! ha ha

Any idea when I'm going to find some better weapons and armour? I've been looting everything in sight but nothing compares to the kit I started out with? I've upgraded my starting sword a few times with titanite shards but other than that I'm rocking the stuff I started with.

Also I got this cool looking soul off Vordt... description says I can either get a lot of souls for it... or do something else with it (forgot what is said exactly now). What's the best thing to do with it?

stylon

crippyd

@stylon Go to Firelink and find a little guy sitting on one of the thrones, talk to him, give him the thing he asks for and he can convert boss souls into weapons. Are you upgrading your carrying capacity (can't remember what the stat is called) so you can use heavier weapons and armour?

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

stylon

@crippyd: Cheers, will do that! I think I've put a few points into Vigor? I know I read somewhere about never going over 70% so you can still roll but have to confess it's a bit confusing seeing how much weight I'm actually carrying at any given time. Most of my points have been going into vitality, strength and dexterity (for the longbow).

I did find a meaty halberd that does a lot of damage but don't think it would suite my play style... my favourite weapons are are the longbow and my sword (in that order). Whenever possible I find a vantage point and take out as many of the heavies as possible before I have to get up close and personal with my sword. Was able to take out all 4 Lothric Knights outside the church with the longbow, even the bad ass one with the glowing eyes.. they only seem to follow you so far and then turn back. Rinse and repeat for a cowardly victory

Have you unlocked the tower for 20,000 souls yet and if so is it actually worth it?

stylon

crippyd

@stylon No I haven't, I'm only in the church with the respawning zombie things at the moment.
A question, where the hell do you buy the arrows from? It used to be the blacksmith in DS2 but he never seems to have any and the old lady only has a few.
That trick works wonders with the bow, it's how I got into the castle in 2 with the big elephant guards and the red guy up the top on NG+.
On your weight, there is a % up in the top right of the stats screen that tells you your current ratio and obviously everything has a weight so it affects the %. You are doing the same as me, as I have been putting my points in to vitality and strength first and then dexterity with a few going to the vigor? stat so I can equip better weapons and armour.

crippyd

stylon

@crippyd: You'll have seen it - the tower is just on the right of the firelink shrine at the back... the key needed to open it costs 20k souls... it's supposed to be crammed full of loot according to the guide but all the loot it has so far touted has been crap. Just don't really want to blow 20k souls on a load of old tat when I could be leveling up with them instead!

I've bought literally hundreds and hundreds of arrows off the old biddy in firelink shrine... are you saying her stock is finite then?

stylon

crippyd

@stylon I'll check the old lady for arrows. I don't know about them being finite though, I would assume not if you've got hundreds. Where did you get the bow from, I only have a crossbow and would like to get rid of that. Is the tower inside the shrine? I must admit I've not noticed it!
Have you got the turtle dude in Firelink? If you have talk to him about becoming more powerful or something like that.
You are way more through the game than me, if you fancy giving me a hand that would be welcome!

crippyd

stylon

@crippyd: I got the longbow by the very first puss of man on the high wall of lothric. I didn't even realise he was a puss of man the first time I encountered him as I just slashed him to bits like all the other hollow soldiers... I'm a bit more careful when I go back there now

I don't have ANY extra dudes in firelink, just the blacksmith, old biddy, levelling up woman and this guy that just mopes on the side saying something about licking boots...

Dunno why you think I'm ahead of you - I've only just just killed the 2nd boss (Vordt) and been carried by some Harpy type things to a new location and that's it... looking on the TA site it's the other way around! I might have explored a bit more thoroughly but that's only because I've been following guides to the letter

Incidentally I've just ordered the physical guide... the electronic one is frustrating me. Ironically I'll probably end up with a spare code for the e-guide if anyone wants it. Regular posters only though not some random freeloader.

EDIT: The tower by firelink shrine is accessed from inside the shrine. instead of going down the stairs to the fire... follow a set up and go over to the right of the shrine... there's a few pillars/windows there that you can walk through to the outside and just through there is the base of a tall tower with a locked gate at the bottom. Think there might be a hound lying in wait too...

Edited on by stylon

stylon

crippyd

@stylon Sorry dude, I don't know the names of the bosses, he must be the big ice frog thing with a big mace? What's a "puss of a man", is that the ones that sprout a black monster off their back?

crippyd

stylon

@crippyd: That's the guy yes... (on both counts). If you go back to the first fire on the wall, go down to the right across a lower battlement where theres a few hounds, a big axe wielding guy and then up steps to top of next tower there's a group of guys worshipping in the corner. One of them can sprout a black monster if you don't end him quickly. Anyway IIRC that's where I got the bow...

stylon

crippyd

@stylon I don't think I've been there. I have encountered one of those guys but I'm not sure if he was the one you're talking about. I'm going to order the guide from Amazon!

crippyd

stylon

Skip to about 4:50 and this guy shows where to get the longbow - I'm sure you'll recognise the location. He sure makes a meal out of killing the bad guys... kind of makes me feel like a bad ass in comparison lol

stylon

crippyd

@stylon Thanks for posting that, I don't know why I haven't been there or, if I have, why I didn't get the bow and you are so right with the guy making a meal of it!
Edit Guide purchased, £10 in paperback off Amazon (don't know if it's a good price but its done)

Edited on by crippyd

crippyd

holchasaur

@stylon: I think better weapons start showing up in Undead Settlement. Just a heads up: You won't be able to exchange Vordt's soul for a boss weapon until you beat the Curse-Rotted Greatwood in Undead Settlement. Also, there's a guy hiding in a cage in that area, and if you send him back to Firelink Shrine, he'll keep offering new arrow types as you progress further into the game. Just be sure to send him out to scavenge if he asks. At least the first couple times.

In regards to the locked tower at Firelink Shrine, wait until it's no big deal to come up with 20,000 souls. That's what I did. Plus there's an NPC that doesn't show up there until you're deeper into the game. If you access the tower too early, I think you miss out on that encounter.

Reviews Editor, Pure Xbox
Reviewer, Nintendo Life

Xbox Gamertag: holchasaur | Twitter:

stylon

@DRL: thanks Dave... I do remember seeing a guy in a cell somewhere now you mention it and pretty sure the guide mentioned a key somewhere near where you meet the winged Knight... Guess I'm not done with that area just yet then!

Is Vordts boss weapon worth holding out for in your opinion of should I just cash in for souls now?

stylon

crippyd

@DRL @stylon I got a hollow something or other sword from cashing in one of the boss souls and that is quite good although it takes 18 dex and 14 (I think) strength to use it.
Edit The guy in the throne is very little and easy to miss, he is near the mardy guy if I remember correctly.

Edited on by crippyd

crippyd

holchasaur

@stylon: I typically hold onto boss souls instead of cashing them in. I'd rather trade them with Ludleth for items/weapons than get the relatively small amount of souls that I could just as easily acquire from a few minutes of grinding. If I were you, I'd refrain from cashing in the soul until you see what your options are.

The guy in the cell in High Wall of Lothric, yeah, that's actually the guy I was referring to! There's another guy locked in a small cage in Undead Settlement who relocates to Firelink and helps you with pyromancies. Be sure to look for him as well. There are a couple pyromancies that will be very helpful if you want to deal some damage from a distance.

Reviews Editor, Pure Xbox
Reviewer, Nintendo Life

Xbox Gamertag: holchasaur | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.