Forums

Topic: Xbox 360 Backward Compatibility

Posts 1 to 2 of 2

SKD

Hello everyone. I am not a true gamer. I have a handful of games that I play on campaign mode and never do online play. I’m a newb. I have an original Xbox that I loved playing with but it has bit the dust. I was recently gifted a used Xbox 360 and I am trying to play my original Xbox games on there. I discovered that I needed an official Xbox 360 hard drive to play those games and that only certain games will work even with the hard drive. Of all my games, I have 5 that are on the list that should be backward compatible with a hard drive. The 5 games are
Star Wars Battlefront
Star Wars Battlefront II
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
Cabela’s Deer Hunt 2004
Halo

I bought an official Xbox 360 hard drive and tried all of my games but only Halo worked. When I insert the other 4 I get a message saying they are not compatible. I tried calling Xbox support but they were not very helpful. They pretty much told me what I already found out. I am pretty sure my console is up to date. Does anyone here have any ideas? I would really appreciate it.

SKD

Tasuki

@SKD Have you connected the Xbox 360 to the internet? You might have to update the 360 especially if the system was wiped by the previous owner.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

• Page 1 of 1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic