Forums

Topic: Whats your top 5 anticipated games for 2015?

Posts 1 to 20 of 42

shingi_70

Simple enough question, there's a ton of awesomeness coming out next year so what's your most anticipated.

Halo
Halo-5-Guardians-Screenshot-3.jpg
Halo is probably my favorite gaming franchise of all time to the point that I follow the comics, books, and web series. So i'm really interested in seeing what's in store for the campaign this time after really liking the story mode for Halo 4 and Spartan Ops. I haven't played the beta yet but all the videos and feedback i'm hearing is its a return to form and takes the good fro all the Halo game.

Quantum Break
gaming-quantum-break-2.jpg

For the longest time Remedy were the best story tellers in the Industry and it looks like they want to keep the bar up there going from the twin peaks/Stephen King style Alan Wake to a more traditional blockbuster. This game looks like its going to be what The Order will e for sony being a narrative focused single player only third person shooter. The Gamescom footage was really awesome looking. I'm most interested in seeing how the time choices and the live action part will factor in.

Life is Strange
square-enix-life-is-strange.jpg

Its an episodic game by the Remember Me developers and stars two best friends getting into girly hijinks on the backdrop of a indie murder mystery.

Fable Legends
Fable-legends-E3+2014.jpg
I'll be completely honest i'd rather be getting a proper Fable RPG set after The Journey especially seeing as Molyneux is no longer at Lionhead. However this being a D&D style game even down to having a DM interests me greatly. I'm hoping the actual story mode is worth its salt but the gameplay I've seen looks solid enough.

Batman: Arkham Knight
batman-arkham-night-29898-1280x800.jpg
I'm Batman

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Xbox Gamertag: shingi the 70

tylertreese

1. MGS V: Phantom Pain
2. Mortal Kombat X
3. Quantum Break
4. Rise of the Tomb Raider
5. Batman Arkham Knight

"Eat light, you stupid machine!" - Lex, Bioforge

Xbox Gamertag: tylertreese | Twitter:

HEADESTROYER4
TylerTreese

1. MGS V: Phantom Pain
2. Mortal Kombat X
3. Quantum Break
5. Batman Arkham Knight

No Halo 5. No Star Wars... Three IPs that originally started on the PS1? *facepalm*

I think the "new-guy" (until we get a newer-guy) is a Japanese-made sleeper cell.

Nice picks, Mr. T.

J.R.R G!en!

Twitter:

BAMozzy

1: Batman: Arkham Asylum
2: The Witcher 3
3: Rise of the Tomb Raider
4: CoD (Zombies!!)
5: The Division/Star Wars: Battlefront

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Xbox Gamertag: bamozzy

Gamer83

1. Quantum Break
2. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
3. Halo 5: Guardians
4. Batman: Arkham Knight
5. Mortal Kombat X

Gamer83

Captain_Chao5

1. Batman: Arkham Knight
2. Quantum Break
3. Batman: Arkham Knight (yes I want it THAT badly)
5. Something yet to make my 'ooh I must have that' list. 

EDIT: I should probably list AC Victory as the Victorian setting will reel me in (I come from London originally, but not the Victorian era). I just hope Ubisoft have learned some valuable lessons recently.

Edited on by Captain_Chao5

You don't stop gaming because you get old, you get old because you stop gaming.

Xbox Gamertag: Captain Chao5

Red620Ti

The Division
Batman
Mortal Kombat X
Quantum Break
Tomb Raider

"Justin Bieber looks like a lesbian i'd like to ****..." - Megakillscreen,out of frickin' nowhere!

Xbox Gamertag: Red620Ti

Captain_Chao5
BAMozzy

????

It's funny that apart from me, no-one lists Batman as their No.1 game for 2015, yet the poll on this site has it in the lead at 29%, closely followed by Quantum Break at 26%. (with 34 votes in total).

https://www.purexbox.com/news/2014/12/fe … es_of_2015

crippyd

1) Halo 5
2) Batman
3) Star Wars Battlefront
4) Quantum Break
5) Not sure, possibly Tomb Raider

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

BAMozzy
Captain_Chao5
BAMozzy

????

It's funny that apart from me, no-one lists Batman as their No.1 game for 2015, yet the poll on this site has it in the lead at 29%, closely followed by Quantum Break at 26%. (with 34 votes in total).

and me!

I loved the Asylum and City and can't wait for Knight. I was a little disappointed that it was delayed from October but that did allow me to purchase other games instead. Its by far my most anticipated release of 2015. The Witcher 3, which I have placed 2nd, doesn't come close...

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Captain_Chao5
BAMozzy
Captain_Chao5
BAMozzy

????

and me!

I loved the Asylum and City and can't wait for Knight. I was a little disappointed that it was delayed from October but that did allow me to purchase other games instead. Its by far my most anticipated release of 2015. The Witcher 3, which I have placed 2nd, doesn't come close...

Sorry Bamozzy. I even commented on you posting Asylum. Totally agree though. The Arkham games are superb (excepting Origins which was just okay). I just hope the gameplay does not focus too heavily on the Batmobile.

BAMozzy
Captain_Chao5
BAMozzy
Captain_Chao5

????

and me!

Sorry Bamozzy. I even commented on you posting Asylum. Totally agree though. The Arkham games are superb (excepting Origins which was just okay). I just hope the gameplay does not focus too heavily on the Batmobile.

From what I gather the Batmobile is just 1 way of getting around and also for completing some of the Riddler challenges. You can still get around like you did in 'City' if you want but I want the Batmobile! I think it will be great using it to launch out of and then land in it, drive around and repeat...

stylon

I've answered something similar elsewhere but here's mine:

1. Batman
2. Quantum break
3. Halo 5
4. The Witcher 3
5. Rise of the Tomb Raider

Sadly they're all at least 6 months away.

The Division used to be my numero uno but I've lost faith in Ubisoft to deliver the goods lately. That said AC: Victory makes its way into the reserve list as I'm a patriotic chap

stylon

Xbox Gamertag: stylon

sorethumbed

Twitcher 3, that's the witcher with more birds ??
Halo 5
The division.

Ancient, Angry, Armed and Inbound.

Xbox Gamertag: Sorethumbed

Mrkdhn10

Suspect may be a bit optimistic with a couple f these choices but a boy can dream!

1 arkham Knight
2 Quantum Break
3 Rise of the Tomb Raider
4 Mirrors Edge 2
5 Crackdown

No room for Witcher 3, rainbow Six Siege, Scalebound  or half a dozen others. Looks a good year!

Mrkdhn10

EternalDragonX

Quantum Break
Dungeon Defenders 2
Halo 5
Uncharted 4
Fable Legends

EternalDragonX

Knight

Batman
Tomb Raider
Fable Legends
... and that's about it, for now.

Sad little list, lol. There are always a handful of surprises every year though. Games that I didn't know about, but they come out and everyone loves them.

I was a huge Halo nut in the 2 & 3 days. It was practically all I ever played for years. But beginning with Halo Reach, I started to lose my love for it. Halo 4 ended it. I purchased Halo MCC but I just didn't like it anymore. So I'm not really looking forward to Halo 5 though I'll play the campaign with my nephew eventually.

Knight

Xbox Gamertag: BSG Daffy

Vincent294

Xenoblade Chronicles X, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Halo 5, Persona 5, & the new Zelda title.

Vincent294

Xbox Gamertag: Vincent294

RonJMaclean

1. Batman Arkham Knight
2. Halo 5 Guardians
3. The Witcher III Wild Hunt
4. Quantum Break
5. Rise of the Tomb Raider

I have to give The Division and Evolve some love too. Just so many great games coming this year.

RonJMaclean

Souldin

I was going to ask if the top 5 anticipated games was limited to Xbox One/Xbox 360 games only, as I happen to have already made a top 6 most looked forward to games of 2015 list including all systems, but this does appear to be limited to only Microsoft systems. So then... usually I list it starting with the last of the ends and ending the list with my most wanted, but everyone seems to being starting off with their most wanted so I shall do the same. My top 5 most anticipated games coming our for the Xbox One next year include:

1) Ori and the Blind Forest
2) Dead or Alive 5: Last Round
3) Fable Legends
4) Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4
5) BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend

I usually make top 'such and such' lists as a top 6 (given 6 is my favourite number), so if I had to select a 6th, I'd probably say Quantum Break. It doesn't look like the typical sort of game I'd play, but having seen some of the gameplay footage, it does intrigue me and does look pretty awesome so it's one I'm considering.

Edit: Looking through other people's comments once again, I do see now that there are a few who have mentioned games exclusive to other systems. So then, I shall now post my top 5 most wanted games including all systems and not limiting it just Xbox One, right here:

1) Ori and the Blind Forest
2) Splatoon
3) Dead or Alive 5: Last Round
4) Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
5) Yoshi's Wooly World

Edited on by Souldin

I'm Souldin, older brother of the Grin Brothers YouTube channel, and writer over on DeviantART.

Xbox Gamertag: Souldin | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.