Forums

Topic: Anything Thread

Posts 281 to 300 of 385

Captain_Chao5

The reason time speeds up is simple. When you were 5, a year was 20% of your entire life. When you hit 50 a year is only 2% of your life.
More importantly I want to know why an hour in a meeting at work seems to last forever, but an hour for lunch flies past in a blink of an eye.

You don't stop gaming because you get old, you get old because you stop gaming.

Xbox Gamertag: Captain Chao5

Red620Ti

Its more like a rollercoaster, I think....It climbs up slowly until you are about 35, then speeds up and up and up as you get older...Then has a big crash at the end.

Reds Theory of Life, you read it here first!

(Not to be confused with Ronan Keatings "Life is a rollercoaster"!)

"Justin Bieber looks like a lesbian i'd like to ****..." - Megakillscreen,out of frickin' nowhere!

Xbox Gamertag: Red620Ti

stylon

That's the most depressing analogy of life I've read so far. Thanks for that Red.

Totally agree with the meeting hour vs lunch hour though!

stylon

Xbox Gamertag: stylon

Captain_Chao5

In other news, I just got myself a Galaxy S6 (woohoo) and CEX are offering £98 for cash on my HTC One (woohoo)...but the Wife just blew up the washing machine ARSE!!!!

Red620Ti

Make her buy a new one Cap!

Quick straw poll: Me and the wife have separate money, hers is hers, mine is mine. This seems somewhat unusual, do most people have joint bank accounts?

"Justin Bieber looks like a lesbian i'd like to ****..." - Megakillscreen,out of frickin' nowhere!

stylon

Captain_Chao5 wrote:

In other news, I just got myself a Galaxy S6 (woohoo) and CEX are offering £98 for cash on my HTC One (woohoo)...but the Wife just blew up the washing machine ARSE!!!!

Nice phone - did you get the edge version? I got a Galaxy Note Edge a few weeks ago and loving it

stylon

crippyd

@Red620Ti We have a bit of both, we both have our own current accounts but we have joint savings. She normally buys the food and I pay all the house bills and our mobiles, stuff like that, and we both pay for sundries like taking the kids to the cinema and fun days out.

Edited on by crippyd

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

stylon

Red620Ti wrote:

Make her buy a new one Cap!

Quick straw poll: Me and the wife have separate money, hers is hers, mine is mine. This seems somewhat unusual, do most people have joint bank accounts?

We each have our own account and also a joint account for paying bills and buying stuff for the house which we transfer a portion of our salaries into each month. Has worked like a charm for 20 years

stylon

sorethumbed

One account, been that way since we got married (a looonnnnggg time ago).

Ancient, Angry, Armed and Inbound.

Xbox Gamertag: Sorethumbed

Captain_Chao5

@Stylon Just the standard S6. The Edge was a bit too much more moolah for my liking.
On the accounts question - we have separate accounts. I pay all the bills and the Wife xfers a set amount each month to contribute. Works for us.

Red620Ti

Being young makes you feel young, T!

Red620Ti

I'm with you Josie, I can't see how you can buy presents for each other from a joint account, you'd pay for half your own gift!

Changing tack completely now, I have a goal I've set myself to reach 100k Gamerscore by the end of the year. Looking on TA, it means I need to score 83 points per day. Given that I am playing Witcher 3 and ES:O (starting tomorrow) I somehow doubt I'm going to do it...

sorethumbed

IF anyone in here is in the Xbox one preview program for games, could they please invite me (you can invite your friends). I'm desperate to try elite dangerous!

Red620Ti

Done Mr Thumbs, as I mentioned in the other reply thread. Might take about 48 hours Ken reckons.

sorethumbed

Thank you both. Had a crack at this today. Could well be on my purchase list! 😍😍😍

Captain_Chao5

Holy crap. I've been away for a week and busy with work this week so not had time to keep up to date with all things Xbox-y. I feel like I've been away for months! I can't take everything in. So much new news after E3. I think I need a lay down in a darkened room. LOL

...and I've not even looked to see if I have a GoW beta code!

stylon

Captain_Chao5 wrote:

Holy crap. I've been away for a week and busy with work this week so not had time to keep up to date with all things Xbox-y. I feel like I've been away for months! I can't take everything in. So much new news after E3. I think I need a lay down in a darkened room. LOL

Wondered where you'd disappeared to lol...

Yeah I've been following it live and am still struggling to take it all in. Coolest 2 things for me are being able to play some of my old 360 games and playing Elite again! Double nostalgia!

stylon

DesiccantOwl

Captain_Chao5 wrote:

Great to see you again @Captain_Chao5 and welcome back! Yes, it has been a massive E3 for Xbox owners and I'm also struggling to keep up with the releases. Hopefully the next few weeks will be slightly quieter! As for games there are tonnes of new things you can play right now including as @stylon has said Elite: Dangerous (my current obsession). Check out my last post for the link to the demo (it will set you back £24.99 for the full release) which is accessable to all Xbox owners. Plus if you want access to the Gears beta then head over to the Gears website and sign up there. You get two codes for that one in your Xbox messages - the first is the download the second is an activation code.

DesiccantOwl

Xbox Gamertag: DesignateTurian | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.