Update [Sat 28th Oct, 2023 04:30 BST]:
As promised, 343 Industries has now shared the full patch notes for this most recent Halo Infinite update. Here they are in full (via Halo Waypoint):
Halo Infinite Patch (26th October 2023)
The following changes were made in the October 26, 2023, patch.
- Enabling Vsync on PCs with a refresh rate 120Hz or higher will no longer restrict the max framerate.
- The UTIL/PRO-Tek ComNet-2020 Shoulder Pads and the TAC/SCM-P Knee Pads for the Mirage IIC Armor Core now appear correctly.
- The bundles containing these two items, the ComNet and Erinyes bundles, will become available for purchase again via the Armor Hall menu next week. Submit a ticket if you would like a Halo Support agent to reach out directly when these bundles are available again.
- If you purchased either bundle while these items were appearing incorrectly, the development team will be granting you the Credits you spent on purchasing this bundle. This grant will not revoke your ownership of the bundle contents. Submit a ticket if you would like a Halo Support agent to reach out directly when this grant is complete.
- Improved stability in the Customize menus, such as the Armor Hall and Weapons Bench.
- Selecting multiple objects or prefabs in Forge Edit mode now has less of an impact on game performance.
Thank you to all players who submitted a ticket on these or other in-game issues. Stay tuned to @HaloSupport on Twitter for the latest news on upcoming releases.
Alongside this update, the team has added two new issues to our Known Issues list:
- When picking up the Bandit Evo, the weapon’s scope is not visible. When this issue occurs, the scope can be used normally.
- This issue does not occur when spawning with the Bandit Evo as your primary starting weapon.
- A recent NVIDIA driver is causing some players on PC to experience extended loading screens when launching Halo Infinite.
- Workaround: If you have an NVIDIA graphics card and you’re experiencing this issue, roll back to driver version 537.58.
- The development team is working with NVIDIA to ensure this shader caching issue is resolved in a future NVIDIA graphics driver update.
- Xbox consoles: approximately 3.9 GB or less.
- Microsoft Store app or Xbox app on PC: approximately 5.2 or less.
- Steam: approximately 1.1 GB or less.
Original article [Wed 25th Oct, 2023 07:30 BST]:
After a successful Season 5: Reckoning launch last week, 343 Industries is now planning to patch some minor issues in Halo Infinite.
According to a brief update via the Halo Support social media account, there will be improvements to Vsync for monitors running at 120Hz or higher, and along with this are some stability updates and improvements in Forge.
"A #HaloInfinite patch is expected to release on Thursday, Oct 26. This update includes Vsync improvements on monitors with a refresh rate of 120Hz or higher, Armor Hall stability, & improvements when selecting items in Forge. Stay tuned for patch notes when this update launches."
As noted, Spartans should stay tuned for full patch notes, when this update officially rolls out on October 26th.
Earlier on, 343 also rolled out some backend updates. One was tied to the playlists and another was related to the Bots in multiplayer. To receive the changes, relaunch the game. Here's the rundown from the same account:
"Two playlist updates related to the Extraction game mode occurred via a backend update today:
• Forbidden and Prism 24/7: Extraction on both maps has been added to the playlist. Extraction is weighted higher than other modes in the playlist, meaning it will be seen more often than other modes.
• Quick Play: Extraction on Solitude has been removed from the playlist due to a bug, Extraction on Streets has been added to the playlist."
"Earlier today, the 343 Bots in #HaloInfinite Multiplayer were updated to use Multi-Core helmets & newer customization items, including some that appear in future Operation passes and Shop bundles. If you're currently playing, relaunch the game to ensure you receive this change."
How are you finding Season 5 so far? Have you tried out the new AI toolkit in Forge yet? Tell us in the comments.