The simple yet strangely satisfying looking Unpacking finally has a release date of November 2 for Xbox One, Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S. It will also be available on day one with Xbox Game Pass.
It's a pretty unique premise but seems very tranquil in its delivery. You'll be tasked to unpack your furniture out of boxes and decorate a series of rooms. The aim is to deliver relaxing gameplay, whilst also learning more about the people whose homes you are decorating.
- Unpack a home — from a single bedroom to an entire house
- Meditative gameplay with no timers, meters or scores
- Explore domestic environments with all their nooks and crannies while you stack plates, hang towels, and arrange bookshelves
- Discover a character's story through the items that come with her to each new home (and the items that get left behind)
- Soundtrack by BAFTA award-winning composer and audio director Jeff van Dyck
There's something wholesome about the entire game, with every placement of furniture seeming very satisfying. The main question is how will this translate to an Xbox controller, as it seems built around a mouse pointer.
There's just under two short months to wait for the highly anticipated indie, with the added bonus of it being included with Xbox Game Pass at launch. It's also part of a wider list of titles coming from Humble Games to the service, all of which look extremely interesting.
Will you be checking out Unpacking? Let us know in the comments below.