Halo Infinite's second technical preview is on the way, and while it's great that we'll be able to play against other players rather than bots this time around, it comes with the catch that matchmaking will only be available at certain times.
As revealed in a Halo Waypoint blog, the technical preview will be running across two weekends for all those accepted. The first takes place between September 23 - 26, and the next test will be from September 30 - October 3.
However, players will only be able to jump into competitive action at specific times:
Weekend 1 (Arena)
- Thursday Evening, September 23:
- Build becomes available for download Thursday night
- Training Mode and Weapon Drills are available
- Friday, September 24: 10am-2pm & 5-9pm PT / 6-10pm & 1-5am BST
- Saturday, September 25: 10am-2pm & 5-9pm PT / 6-10pm & 1-5am BST
- Sunday, September 26: 10am-2pm & 5-9pm PT / 6-10pm & 1-5am BST
- Monday, September 27: Flight access closes at 10am PT / 5pm BST
Weekend 2 (Big Team Battle & Arena)
- Thursday Evening, September 30:
- Flight access turns on
- Training Mode and Weapon Drills become available
- Friday, October 1: 10am-2pm & 5-9pm PT / 6-10pm & 1-5am BST
- Saturday, October 2: 10am-2pm & 5-9pm PT / 6-10pm & 1-5am BST
- Sunday, October 3: 10am-2pm & 5-9pm PT / 6-10pm & 1-5am BST
- Sunday, October 3: Surveys go out to a portion of Halo Insiders at 9pm PT / 5am BST
- Monday, October 4: Flight access closes at 10am PT / 5pm BST
- Wednesday, October 6: Halo Support site closes at 10am PT / 5pm BST
Outside of these windows, it's said you can dive into the game's Training Mode, which is a solo experience placing you against bots. Along with that you also have the Weapon Drills, Battle Pass and Customisation to tamper with.
It's a shame the matchmaking isn't open 24/7 like the last preview (which allowed you to play with others against bots), but if it helps place Halo Infinite in a better state when it launches on December 8, we're sure it will be worth it.
Will you be checking out the next Halo Infinite technical preview? Let us know in the comments below.