As part of today's Xbox Game Pass announcement, Dodgeball Academia was announced to be arriving day one into the service on August 5.
The sport is given a unique lick of paint here, as it pits you in a single player RPG. It's not all colourful dodgeball battles, as you'll also spend time navigating the world, talking to its inhabitants, and discovering an array of secrets.
But of course, the main hook is the dodgeball, and it seems to know that. Visceral matches take place, complete with unique abilities to use as you progress through the main story. All in all, it looks to be an interesting take on the sport.
- Exploration – Explore and uncover the secrets of the Dodgeball Academia across its vast, diverse, and full of life campus.
- RPG Story Mode – Journey through a full-blown RPG story mode; complete with episodes, main quests, side quests, and school minigames.
- Eclectic Characters – Unlock and upgrade unique characters, diversifying your dodgeball team through an RPG style character and party progression.
- Action-Packed Challenges – Engage in action-packed dodgeball matches featuring a unique fighting game style that will put players up against challenging enemies and bosses.
- Local Versus Mode – Duke it out with a friend locally in a competitive local versus mode.
Dodgeball Academia wasn't the only game announced for Xbox Game Pass today. It's joining the first batch of August's titles, which also include Hades and Art of Rally. It's an excellent start to the month, with Psychonauts 2 and Twelve Minutes joining later on.
Excited to try out Dodgeball Academia? Let us know in the comments below.