Microsoft Flight Simulator arrived on Xbox Series X and Series S earlier this week and is already proving to be a huge hit with Game Pass subscribers. However, there's always room for improvement, and a new hotfix is launching today to address some issues.
The patch will be going live for PC, Xbox Series X and Series S players at 8am PT / 4pm BST.
Here's everything included in the hotfix:
- Fixed various crashes in game and on the world map
- Fixed crashes related to the offline AI traffic
- Fixed minor memory leaks
- The title should no longer freeze for a very long time when connecting / disconnecting peripherals
- Fixed broken flight plan for Garmin devices when adding an enroute waypoint that was inserted as a destination
- Fixed flightplanner not resetting when going from one activity to another
- Fixed flightplan from flight assistant not displaying on certain planes when VFR map is open after the destination is set
- Fixed freezes happening when using the flight assistant when setting a new destination
- VR options should no longer be duplicated in the Option menu
- Marketplace “Get and download” and “Download” buttons will now function as expected on the Content Page
- User unable to interact with UI elements with the in game cursor for free flight in some cases
- Improvements of pitot static system to fix altimeter bugs, improve accuracy and correctly simulate temperature impact
- Fixed AutoBrakes Button Behavior on the Airbus A320Neo
- The correct runway is now taken into account for the Landing challenge at Nice
- Pilots are now displayed in external view at the Isafjordur Landing challenge
- Title will no longer become unresponsive after using Fuel Supply and using a fuel or payload as a numerical value via ATC Ground Services
- Some achievements will no longer be awarded in error for certain landing scenarios
- Fixed big temperature spikes at high altitudes
- Added new airspace to nearest facility JS API
- Fixed crashes on WASM modules for older CPUs
Hopefully this rectifies any issues you may have encountered in the game so far. Impressions have been great since its launch earlier this week, with a Digital Foundry analysis calling the performance "simply terrific".
Of course, it can be a fairly daunting experience, so we've published a few guides to help ease the learning curve. These include how to find your own home in the game, along with the steps necessary to play with friends in online multiplayer.
Does this hotfix address any issues you have with Microsoft Flight Simulator? Let us know in the comments below.