Update: Good news! Xbox Support appears to have solved the issue causing Halo Infinite's Preview to be stuck on 'pending', but you now might run into another issue where it requires an update which can't be downloaded.
If this happens to you, all you need to do is restart your console with the following instructions:
- Hold the Xbox Guide button
- Choose 'Restart Console'
- When your Xbox boots up again, select the Halo Infinite Tech Preview
- Accept the 18GB update
- Enjoy the preview!
Original story: After what seems like an eternity, Halo Infinite's technical preview is finally here for people to test out. Well, sort of. A few understandable issues have arisen, meaning players are struggling to break into the game.
Details were sent out to players a few hours ago, outlining the complete steps needed to access the technical preview. If you were previously emailed to say you were accepted but haven't received further instructions (or you can't access your Waypoint messages), here's the complete walkthrough on how to access the preview:
- On your Xbox, head to the Store.
- Search for and install the Xbox Insider Hub app.
- Launch the app and select Previews from the left side menu.
- Select Halo Infinite - Insider under Available.
- Select Join to officially register for the flight build. The registration process may take some time and you may receive a message asking you to check back a bit later.
- Once the Manage prompt appears inside of the Halo Infinite - Insider program, select it and join the Halo Infinite - Insider group.
- Read the Terms and Conditions, select Accept.
- You will be taken to the Halo Infinite - Insider product page.
- If prompted, select Get and then Install.
- Once installed, you may launch the build from My Games & Apps -> Games -> Halo Infinite - Insider or via the Xbox Insider Hub app.
With Step 5, this is where many users are reporting issues - us included. The registration process appears to be stuck on pending, and has been like that for a fair few hours. It's expected with so many users attempting to get in all at once, and Xbox Support has confirmed it is working effortlessly on this problem.
Fortunately, plenty of users have also managed to get through, and have begun sharing clips, screenshots and full streams of the technical preview. Although getting into a multiplayer game seems to be hitting some issues, some players have managed to try it out for a little while and get a feel for the game.
Early consensus seems to be that fans are really enjoying it, but once the servers begin ironing out and more users get through the registration process, we'll have a better idea as to how the community feels about Halo Infinite.
If you didn't manage to get in, then don't worry. More previews are expected over the coming weeks, and you can still register to get involved if you haven't already, so be sure to do that if you're the least bit interested.
We've also put together a guide for everything you need to know about the Halo Infinite technical preview. If you've got any questions, they're most likely answered there!
Have you managed to get into the Halo Infinite technical preview? How are you finding it? Let us know below.