Update (Wed 23rd Jun, 2021 11:00 BST): Surprise! It hadn't been announced at all ahead of time, but Team17 has confirmed today that not only has Worms Rumble dropped a day early, but it's available with Xbox Game Pass.
It's included with Game Pass for console, PC and Xbox Cloud Gaming, and Xbox players can also get access to a free exclusive outfit in the form of the Series Green Hoodie. You can download it right now, so go, go, go!
- Fast-paced, arena action: Open fire in six varied arenas in up-to-32-player, real-time combat across five solo and team-based game modes, including Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, and the battle royale mode, Last Worm Standing
- Take aim across the platforms: Take on friends, frenemies, and unfamiliars whatever the platform, with cross-play matchmaking
- Make your Worm its own: Choose and unlock over 1000 options to full customise your worm, from outfits and hats, to eye colour and teeth shape; further personalise the weapons they wield with additional skins to unlock
- Lock and load your arsenal: Crates across the arenas contain a host of weapons and items, including fan favourites like the Sheep Launcher, Holy Hand Grenade, and Grapple Gun.
- Regular Lab events: The time-limited event Lab mode provides preset maps, weapons, and gameplay mechanics for players to master and unlock new skins
Original story (Mon 21st Jun, 2021 11:45 BST): It's been around six months since Worms Rumble made its debut on PlayStation consoles and PC, but now it's finally getting its Xbox release as soon as this Thursday, June 24, as revealed by the official Xbox Wire website.
Worms Rumble isn't your typical Worms game, instead taking the form of real-time, arena-based 32 player cross-platform combat, complete with Deathmatch and Last Worm Standing solo and squad battle royale modes.
Our friends over at Push Square reviewed the game back in early December and gave it a 7/10 at launch, calling it a "simple but successful spin-off". There's no word on pricing just yet, but it typically retails for about £10.99/$14.99, and it'll also be optimised for Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S - complete with Smart Delivery support.
Use a variety of fan-favourite weapons like the Bazooka, Shotgun and Sheep Launcher plus all-new additions to the armoury to bring the pain to your invertebrate opponents as you climb the ranks. Customise your worm, take part in challenges and seasonal events and experiment with new ways to play in The Lab. This is Worms, reinvented.
Have you played Worms Rumble before? Looking forward to it on Xbox? Let us know in the comments.