Here's an interesting one. Fossil Games has unveiled a trailer for its upcoming horror game, Sunshine Manor, which looks to be a disturbing 8-bit RPG horror game coming to Xbox One this Fall.
It's actually a prequel to a 2016 game known as Camp Sunshine. We hadn't heard of it until today, but the trailer for Sunshine Manor has definitely got us wanting to track it down. The game has you controlling a character known as Ada, as you explore a creepy manor, filled with terrifying monsters, puzzles to solve, and bosses to battle. But they have added in a dog you can pet, so that balances out the terror.
Sunshine Manor Features:
- Discover and explore the ever-changing haunted Sunshine Manor.
- Transport yourself to the Demon Realm and banish hellish fiends!
- Beautiful hand-drawn 8-bit graphics.
- A deadly game of Cat & Mouse where the Demon can be anywhere.
- '80s Soundtrack written specially for this game.
- A fantastic evil consumed story-driven narrative.
- Devious puzzles to tax your brain box.
- Lots of scares, spooky scenes and nods to iconic horror franchises.
As fans of 80s horror, some of these features definitely have us intrigued. We're still not quite sure how the RPG elements play into it, but it's how Fossil Games is detailing the title, so maybe we'll hear something more on that front in the future. Steam has a planned release date of October 28, but there's no confirmed word on whether the console versions will hit the same day. With it being around Halloween, we expect it to be, or at least very close.
Are you interested in checking in to Sunshine Manor? Let us know in the comments below.