Studio Wildcard's Ark: Survival Evolved is the latest game to get an Xbox Series X|S enhancement, although this appears to be via backwards compatibility rather than a specific next-gen optimisation.
The new update, which is actually available right now on Xbox One, adds upgraded features for Xbox Series X including a whole host of visual improvements and faster loading times.
Here's the full list of additions:
- 4K Output at 30-60 FPS
- Extreme Draw/LOD Distance (Higher than PC)
- Extreme Level Streaming Distance (Higher than PC)
- Epic Sky & Atmospherics Quality
- Epic Subsurface Scattering Quality
- Infinite-Range High Precision Screen Space Ambient Occlusion
- Max Texture Resolution
- 16x Anisotropic Filtering
- Infinite-Range Distance Field Shadows
- Terrain Self-Shadowing
- Epic Dynamic Shadow Quality
- Epic Ground Clutter Distance
- High-Precision HDR Output
- Epic Postprocessing Quality
- Tetherless Non-Dedicated Hosting
- Tetherless Splitscreen
- 100-player Dedicated Server Hosting
- Splitscreen Multiplayer uses Epic Graphics Settings
- 7x Faster Loading
You'll be able to take advantage of this update from day one on Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S this November, and you can check out various examples of the next-gen visual improvements in the trailer above.
Happy about this? Are you a keen Ark fan? Let us know in the comments below.