Forums

Topic: Xbox Games You've Recently Beat

Posts 181 to 200 of 261

VOODOO85

@LtSarge Lake is on my backlog and I followed it during development etc as the setting always looked interesting and a game I could just relax with

Might move onto that one next after hearing your positive experience with it

VOODOO85

LtSarge

@VOODOO85 Sounds great mate! It's definitely a fitting game to play after you've gone through a lot of action titles.

LtSarge

VOODOO85

Just beaten Gravel

It's a simple arcade racer where you compete in an offroad career and little else. It won't win any awards for graphics, sounds, gameplay or doing anything many other racers do but it's not bad either

I could only recommend it to people who like offroad racers but there are better options out there such as DIRT5, WRC9 and Forza Horizon 5 does offroad a lot better of course

I paid £2.50 for it on sale in November and it was worth that low price of admission, the regular price of £25 and you'd come away feeling you could have spent your money a lot better

VOODOO85

VOODOO85

Just beaten Lake in one sitting (pretty much)

Very relaxing and being able to just sort of switch off whilst playing was nice. No time demands, no conflicts about who to deal with when etc - just well designed in allowing the gamer to fully relax, not just play a game "about" something relaxing

I liked the driving around early on too but at times i liked the option of being able to fast travel to certain junctions or auto-pilot to your next delivery. The characters you meet are varied and not overbearing. It's not like every delivery results in a character who wants this or that done or even has a life situation going on but the balance of characters was just right for me

One complaint and i think i done everything possible but i never got the blueberry pie from Mo's diner - she was just a tease all game long

VOODOO85

Ryu_Niiyama

Just finished Evil Genius 2. I didn't get all the loot so I'll replay it in a year or so. It was fun though.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

Xbox Gamertag: Ryu Niiyama

Banjo-

I haven't watched The Walking Dead series but I beat all the The Walking Dead games on Game Pass: 1, 2, A New Frontier and Michonne. The only Telltale game I had played before is Borderlands that I didn't like but I don't know if it's because I don't like Borderlands (I haven't played the games) or that I don't like that particular game. Thing is that I loved all the The Walking Dead Telltale games and wanted to share it. Of course, the frame rate is choppy even on Series X but the graphics are slightly better than I expected because of the artistic direction and I enjoyed all the stories except the DLC of 1 which is basically very short stories of some *****, some of them make an appearance in 2. I wanted to check Game of Thrones (I have watched all the TV seasons) but it's delisted. Now that Telltale has been resurrected after filing for bankruptcy protection, I wonder if they can make a new engine (or use Unreal Engine 5) and more games and also make older games available. If you haven't yet, play The Walking Dead before they leave Game Pass!

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

crippyd

Finished Halo Infinite for the 3rd time on Tuesday. Just started a LASO play through last night and the difference in difficulty between Heroic and Legendary is something else. I basically walked through the whole game and died about 3 or 4 times and on this go I haven't got past the first room and I've died about 25 times!
It's a shame that the campaign missions aren't very long as I have really enjoyed it and there have been epic battles and that "hell, yes!" feeling when you finish a good bit but there needs to be more. The outposts and most wanted side quests just feel like busy work, although I have clocked up about 27 hours doing the main missions and side quests on one file.

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

VOODOO85

Banjo- wrote:

I haven't watched The Walking Dead series but I beat all the The Walking Dead games on Game Pass: 1, 2, A New Frontier and Michonne. The only Telltale game I had played before is Borderlands that I didn't like but I don't know if it's because I don't like Borderlands (I haven't played the games) or that I don't like that particular game. Thing is that I loved all the The Walking Dead Telltale games and wanted to share it. Of course, the frame rate is choppy even on Series X but the graphics are slightly better than I expected because of the artistic direction and I enjoyed all the stories except the DLC of 1 which is basically very short stories of some *****, some of them make an appearance in 2. I wanted to check Game of Thrones (I have watched all the TV seasons) but it's delisted. Now that Telltale has been resurrected after filing for bankruptcy protection, I wonder if they can make a new engine and more games and also make older games available. If you haven't yet, play The Walking Dead before they leave Game Pass!

I'd recommend The Wolf Among Us which is also from Telltale. As for new games etc, they are making a new game which is The Wolf Among Us 2

I'm also interested in playing through the Guardians of the Galaxy and Back to the Future games from Telltale too but they're delisted from the store so will see if i can pick them up physically some day

VOODOO85

Tasuki

@VOODOO85 I liked Back to the Future it pretty much is the fourth movie. I know they had a physical copy on the Wii not sure about Xbox. As for if they release them it depends on the rights since Telltale is gone. I know the only one coming out is Wolf Among Us 2.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

mcdreamer

@LtSarge I just finished The Gunk last night and agree - a really great game! Came here to recommend it but you've already done a great job of that!

mcdreamer

Banjo-

@Tasuki For more information:

Following negotiations with Sherwood Partners starting in February 2019, LCG Entertainment acquired several key Telltale assets and on August 28, 2019, announced that it was re-launching the company by assuming "Telltale Games" as its trade name, operating out of Malibu, California, with a satellite studio in Corte Madera, California. Under the leadership of founders Jamie Ottilie (chief executive officer) and Brian Waddle (chief revenue officer), the new Telltale is set to re-release the old Telltale's back-catalog, as well as work on new games based on Telltale-affiliated properties. While licenses for games and planned games like The Walking Dead and Stranger Things have since reverted to their original owners, the new Telltale retains licenses for The Wolf Among Us and Batman, as well as the intellectual property for Puzzle Agent. The new Telltale is expected to start small for the first six months to regain distribution channels, and the company has offered former staff of the old Telltale freelance roles within the company with the potential for full-time positions at a later point in time. Partners in the new Telltale include publisher Athlon Games, which will handle distribution, and financial contributors Chris Kingsley, Lyle Hall and Tobias Sjögren.[69][70] None of the newly involved parties had previously worked with the old Telltale.[71] The first game under this new company was a re-release of Batman: The Telltale Series, adding in a new noir-style shader among other fixes, which was released in December 2019.[72] The company also announced The Wolf Among Us 2 at The Game Awards 2019.[73]

Former employees of the original Telltale were skeptical of LCG's approach to the relaunch of Telltale, considering that offering only freelance work while in San Francisco, which has one of the highest costs-of-living in the country, is risky. Others have urged LCG to pay off the existing Telltale debt to its former employees, while others have called for a boycott of any game from the new Telltale.[74]

From Wikipedia.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Banjo-

@Tasuki You don't have to, just follow the links in the numbers and those should be right. It's no mystery, just what the developers have said, when it was bankrupt and what company purchased the company and assets.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

VOODOO85

Banjo- wrote:

@VOODOO85 Thanks for the recommendation. Perhaps now that they are being resurrected by LCG we can expect the other games to come back. Be careful picking the physical games up because some people are having issues with them as well.

Yeh, aware that is a bit of a minefield with regards to which discs only include episode 1 and which ones include everything

Will look into it more when I get through more of backlog

VOODOO85

Banjo-

@VOODOO85 Cool. I'm going to play other games until all this is resolved. I will get The Wolf Among Us next time it's included in a digital sale.

Banjo-

KilloWertz

Halo CE. I wish I could have gone back in time 20 years ago to when Halo first came out so I could have enjoyed it far more. The early missions and the last 2 or 3 missions weren't bad, but as a whole it's pretty clear the game has not aged very well. Between several missions in the middle being extremely repetitive to the point where the series wouldn't be what it is today if this launched today and the shields being extremely ridiculous. Once I got down to one bar and couldn't get med kits regularly until the end, it would get extremely frustrating.

I had never played it before, and obviously I'm glad it became the phenomenon it did back then, but I'm sure it's clear that I didn't like the game very much. I ended up beating it tonight more out of just wanting to get it over with and not wasting my time by leaving it unfinished than actually enjoying it and wanting to beat it. So much of the game was improved in the sequels, even as soon as Halo 2, which I look forward to revisiting someday.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

LtSarge

@KilloWertz Congrats for finishing the game! I know it was pretty rough but hey, now you get to experience all the good Halo games! Considering Halo 2 has been remade on MCC, I think you'll enjoy it even more than the original Xbox version.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

VOODOO85

@KilloWertz Halo CE was amazing 20 years ago. Playing an FPS on console (i know it wasn't the first) and in co-op was a great experience. I know some levels were frustrating even back then (library for example) but it was the joy of playing through this great looking game with a friend that elevated it so much for me

Me and a friend completed the whole thing one weekend on launch week, playing all through the night on the Friday that i got the console - great memories

However, i can see how playing it in 2022 is a lot different experience

VOODOO85

KilloWertz

@LtSarge Thanks. I have no idea when it will be with the PS5 being the priority for me right now with Horizon Forbidden West coming out and me playing Horizon Zero Dawn too, but someday.

I do look forward to it though as that game was the reason why I bought an Xbox. It was more for the multiplayer, but still, I'm sure the campaign is better than Halo CE even today.

@VOODOO85 I have no doubt it was amazing 20 years ago. That is why I said I wish I could have went back in time to play it then rather than today.

The current Game Club game here (Mirror's Edge) is another example of some seeming to feel a game hasn't aged well that was a great experience when it was released. At least for me as I remember it being one of my favorite games on the 360, with only near the end of the game being a bit frustrating if I remember correctly.

The original Assassin's Creed would be another example of a game I wish I had played back when it was released, as it has aged poorly enough for me that I gave up on it fairy early after it was remastered on the One X. I was excited to play it too after becoming a fan of the series after playing Syndicate and then the new trilogy (yes, I realize the games now are much different besides Syndicate).

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic