Forums

Topic: Student buys picture of Xbox One for 450 pounds

Posts 1 to 12 of 12

SuperKMx

I'm not one to laugh at other people's misfortune (generally) - but what on earth?

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Warning-s … story.html

Few things to note:-

1) 19-year-old student buys £450 Xbox One for his 4-year-old son.
2) Didn't preorder despite wanting to buy it on day one.
3) Could have preordered for free pretty much anywhere.
4) Paid £20 above retail, plus a further £8 shipping.
5) Admits the item listing described it as a photo.
6) Is getting a full refund as the item was not as described, despite point 3.
7) Is willing to showcase his stupidity in his local newspaper and their website.

Unbelievable.

Ken Barnes,
Freelance Writer, Full-Time Idiot.

Xbox Gamertag: SuperKMx | Twitter:

Vincent294

Unbelievable pretty much sums it up. People these days (then again, I'm younger, but look at the people I have to grow up around). I can't tell if society is getting better or worse we have so little common sense, but at least slavery is almost non-existent. The iTunes charts sum up the logic of people when buying music (talent in the rap genre is a death sentence for your sales, literally).

Vincent294

Xbox Gamertag: Vincent294

Gamer83

There's really nothing you can say about this, the guy hasn't killed anybody so that's a plus, I just don't understand the reasoning behind spending that much on a picture of anything.

Gamer83

TheBase287

As far as sheer stupidity goes, this is high on the list.

Kathryn Johnston

Twitter/GamerTag: TheBase287

EU Lightbringer: Amarante (Lvl. 90 Blood Elf Paladin)

Xbox Gamertag: TheBase287 | Twitter:

Tasuki

Well apparently stupidity pays off. 

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/man-wh … n=homepage

Not only is he getting a refund but he is also getting a system free.  Welcome to a society that rewards stupid people.  Heck if being stupid gets you a free Xbox One no wonder society is becoming stupider and stupider.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

D3L1V3R4NC3

I cannot believe he managed to get a free console. Like OP said if he wanted one so badly for his "4yr old Son" (I'm Sure) he should have pre-ordered it

stupider and stupider lol - i like you

Add me on Xbox One - D3L1V3R4NC3
Follow me on twitterererer - @D3L1V3R4NC3

Twitter:

SuperKMx
Tasuki

Not only is he getting a refund but he is also getting a system free.  Welcome to a society that rewards stupid people.  Heck if being stupid gets you a free Xbox One no wonder society is becoming stupider and stupider.

I swore quite a lot when I saw that article. The sheer amount of people I know who want an Xbox One who work hard every day and who either a) can't afford to drop £430 on one or b) can't actually FIND one...and he just gets handed a freebie for being nothing but a total dunce. Just...the mind boggles.

Ken Barnes,

Tasuki

@SuperKMx:  Yeah I know what you mean, I am one of those people lol.  I would love an Xbox One but I just could only afford one of the new systems now and this idiot gets one for free.  I honestly don't see how he was scammed, it clearly stated in the eBay add that it was a picture.  I am starting to wonder if it was some scam cooked up by him and a buddy to score a free Xbox One.

Honestly if I ever saw this guy on the street I would be so tempted to kick where it hurts.  Yeah I know I but that's how much I hate scammers and stupid people.

My Backlog

Vincent294
SuperKMx
Tasuki

I swore quite a lot when I saw that article. The sheer amount of people I know who want an Xbox One who work hard every day and who either a) can't afford to drop £430 on one or b) can't actually FIND one...and he just gets handed a freebie for being nothing but a total dunce. Just...the mind boggles.

Yeah. Rewarding a lazy idiot is like giving the US Congress a pay raise at this point. Wonderful. What's next, Call of Duty XP for spawn campers?

Vincent294

Xbox Gamertag: Vincent294

Tasuki

Another thing is he says its for his 4 year old son?  I hardly believe that are they any games on an Xbox One that a 4 year old would be interest in?  I think it is more for him then anything heck this 4 year old son may not even exist.  Maybe I may have believed him if it was a Wii U.

My Backlog

TheBase287

This is still ticking me off, a week later.

Kathryn Johnston

Twitter/GamerTag: TheBase287

EU Lightbringer: Amarante (Lvl. 90 Blood Elf Paladin)

Xbox Gamertag: TheBase287 | Twitter:

SuperKMx
TheBase287

This is still ticking me off, a week later.

You're not alone.

Ken Barnes,

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.