Forums

Topic: The Forza Horizon and Motorsport Thread

Posts 121 to 140 of 185

redd214

Down to my final 4 Achievements! Should be able to knock out 2 on Thrusday and another one next week. Winning an eliminator is a thorn in my side though!! Finished top 3-5 at least a dozen times already, going to be a pain to complete.

I also realized I literally have no Xbox friends (besides my kids lol) so if anyone wants to add me my tag is TABX214

redd214

Tasuki

@ralphdibny I completely agree. That's how I pay Forza Horizon games. As I said before I play them as a pallet cleanser game in-between more intense game or when I want to play a game but don't have much time, like you said drop in drop out. I can run a few races, do a couple of stunts and be completely satisfied. Which is why it's take me as long as it has with FH3. Sometimes I may go months without playing a FH game. Although I don't know if I can handle playing 3 at the same time lol.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

LtSarge

Started playing Forza Motorsport 6 today since I got a major craving for some Motorsport racing. This game is such a huge improvement over FM5! First of all, the driving feels much better here. It feels a lot more tight and I can make turns much easier than in the previous games. Moreover, the presentation is excellent. I really like that there was an intro for the game, that you start out doing a introductory race and then you get to choose how to proceed. Also, the game doesn't feel as bloated as FM5. There are only 15 series and it seems like each one consists of 4-6 races (unless it keeps increasing by 1 after each series, I'll have to see what the next category is like). Either way though, I don't get the impression that the game wants to waste your time like FM5. Not to mention that there are so many new tracks and there are probably a lot more new and returning ones in the game compared to FM5's small roster of tracks. Finally, I like the additions of spins after leveling up and showcase events, which is the first time they have these features in Forza Motorsport. The progression system definitely feels better now and I love the increased variety.

All in all, Forza Motorsport 6 is such an amazing experience thus far. I can't believe that you can't even play it on Game Pass at all. I know it's because of licensing issues, but there are so many great Forza games missing on Game Pass that are totally worth playing today. I'm glad that I bought physical copies of them while I still could because I'm enjoying FM6 a lot right now.

LtSarge

Tasuki

I got some time to play a game for a few hours so I figured I would mess around in FH3. I never tried the Blizzard Mountain or Hot Wheels DLC so I decided to do just that and OMG!!! I didn't realize they were like a whole another area. I thought they were a few races and that was it but now I have something new to do in FH3. Looks like I will be playing this game a little while longer.

My Backlog

Banjo-

The new crazy expansion should be Banjo Pilots including Banjo-Kazooie, Gruntilda, Conker, Cooper, Amber and Mr. Ribs from Grabbed by the Ghoulies, Zitz, Rash, and Pimple from Battletoads, Jago and B. Orchid, Master Chief, Crash and Spyro (soon owned by Microsoft), etc. This is my idea for Forza Horizon 5 but what other characters would you like to see?

Banjo-

Tasuki

@Banjo- Honestly I would rather not Forza Horizon become a Mario Kart clone, that would just be awful. I can understand having paint jobs or skins of those games that's fine but actually characters that would just ruin what Forza is.

Maybe do a Forza Kart game that wouldnt be a bad idea.

My Backlog

Banjo-

@Tasuki I don't want Forza Horizon to become another thing either, it would be just an expansion like Hot Wheels.

Banjo-

Tasuki

@Banjo- Yeah but Hotwheels works for Horizon where as what you are asking for won't. It would just be a different game.

My Backlog

Banjo-

@Tasuki Well, the kind of thing I'd like and I think it would be great.

Banjo-

Tasuki

@Banjo- Well that's all great, that you like that but just because you like something it doesn't mean it would fit into an already established game. I like Call of Duty but do I think adding guns and FPS gameplay would be great for Forza Horizon. Hell no.

As I said maybe as a spinoff Forza Kart game your idea would work but not for Forza Horizon.

My Backlog

Banjo-

Removed - flaming/arguing

Banjo-

Banjo-

Removed - flaming/arguing

Banjo-

ralphdibny

@Banjo- Microsoft Kart Simulator sounds like a freakin' awesome idea (and I hope they give it that sort of tongue in cheek serious name) I literally hadn't thought about it considering the amount of cartoon-y IPs that MS owns or is potentially soon to own.

For my money, Mario Kart and Crash Team Racing are the best in the genre and I've never really managed to get into other fairly popular titles like the Sega ones. I do expect there will be a CTR2 but an MS Kart Simulator that opens it up to all the chatacters you mentioned would be great!

I'd probably leave out the more "mature" characters from Halo and Killer Instinct and even the Doomslayer as I wouldn't want the aesthetic to be too all over the place like other Nintendo-likes (such as PS All Stars brawl). Having said that, maybe one or two characters from each of those mature franchises wouldn't muddy the waters too much if they were unlockables or the focus was more on the cartoon-y characters.

I'd throw Ori and Cuphead in there too, I know they are multiplat but they feel like Xbox characters to me.

If Playground Games isn't spread too thin between Forza and Fable then they would be a great developer for it too. Or just give it to Beenox or have some sort of collaboration. I'd want it to be unique and stand apart from Mario Kart and CTR as much those two titles stand apart from eachother but still avoid the kind of arcadey feeling that Sega kart racers have which I don't find as appealing.

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

Banjo-

@ralphdibny Thank you for your constructive input unlike certain PS "mod", ahem! I was wondering what other characters would people suggest for this idea that yes, would be better as a standalone game. I was not sure about the "mature" characters either. Ori and Cuphead would fit better. I think the Grabbed by the Ghoulies characters are a must, very underrated game that plays perfectly fine on Xbox One/Series.

I am a life-long Mario Kart fan but I find 8 boring. Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled feels like classic Mario Kart in a good sense but with its own gameplay ideas. I like the Sonic racing games because they're more racing and less random but, also, love classic Mario Kart games (pre-Wii) and Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled. This genre was and still is one of my favourite genres ever and many of my most-played games belong to it.

Banjo-

ralphdibny

@Banjo- well they had the constructive idea of making it a separate game so there is positivity in resistance and opposite opinions, even if your exchange wasn't expressed or perceived constructively by either party 👍. So I'm not taking sides, just wanted to say it was a cool idea either as a standalone expansion or a separate game.

Yep 8 is not that good imo either. I honestly think Wii is the best MK game even if I grew up with Super MK, Super Circuit and Double Dash. 8 just needed more unlockables which CTR had in spades!

See ya!

Banjo-

@ralphdibny I didn't say that you were taking sides. The problem is that he insisted so much in an annoying way even though I was like yes, I understand but no need to get into a loop. I was being polite until the fifth time when I run out of patience. I'm sure that people around here know that I don't need people agreeing with me and that I respect everybody's opinions as long as they're being respectful.

On topic, Mario Kart Wii is a lot of fun but you can get hit three times by the blue shell in the last lap and that ruins everything.

Banjo-

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic