Forums

Topic: The Forza Horizon and Motorsport Thread

Posts 101 to 115 of 115

ralphdibny

I've been playing Forza Motorsport 7 last night and today. I've just been going through it in the same way I do the racing games I get with PS Plus or GwG. Just doing one race on each track (in this case one circuit from each location). I'm about 2/3rds of the way through them.

I just wanted to get a feel for the game. Initially I was attracted to the allure of all of those different tracks represented in the game. Dubai looks amazing and brand's hatch has realistic weather 😂(it's quite local to me, I drive past it whenever I go to my mates house).

While I almost caught the FOMO bug, realistically I don't think I'll ever get around to playing the campaign or anything so it can't be worth me buying it. It is probably the best "realistic" racing game I've played and I've played a few recently like WRC 5, WRC 8 and Asetto Corsa. This feels a lot better and less strict than those games. The graphics are amazing but they still do look like a game. It feels like the graphics are more detailed than Horizon but the world just feels more dead if you know what I mean. Horizon feels more alive. I don't think I can explain it well.

Well, I think that's about it. I got 8 or so more tracks to race on this morning before I delete it and it's no longer available to buy digitally. I think I'm happy with that. I can't think of any reason I might want to buy it once I've had a go on all the tracks. I thought I'd screenshot the crowd too just to see what it looked like:

Untitled

ralphdibny

LtSarge

@ralphdibny Nice to see that you at least gave it a go! I understand where you're coming from, once you've played through all the tracks then you've pretty much experienced all there is to this game. Although the campaign in these games can be quite fun as well, since they offer different kinds of races such as passing enough cars, knocking down bowling pins, threading the needle with cones, racing a rival and so on. But yeah, just imagine playing Motorsport 5 and going through all the dozen tracks over and over again 30 times. It was not fun, lol. Motorsport 6 and 7 should at least have better campaigns.

LtSarge

JohannVanDerSmut

7 has about 60 4-6 race championships and the majority of them are in different car types so there is that variety

JohannVanDerSmut

Krzzystuff

Last night i jumped into FH4 to quickly buy a house with 10 super wheelspins and 4 hours later i logged off. This game is just so fun to play. Finished off the stuntman races and did a few rounds of the eliminator.

I'm going to be putting in a ton of time into FH5 over its lifetime clearly

Edited on by Krzzystuff

Krzzystuff

Xbox Gamertag: Krzzystuff

JohannVanDerSmut

@Krzzystuff It will pretty much be getting uncontested play time from release all the way to early december for me

JohannVanDerSmut

ralphdibny

@Krzzystuff Forza Horizon - Like crack but with no comedown! Buy now!!

@LtSarge I've had a good go on it now, every track. I think I'm ready to turn it off. That skittles thing sounds cool actually. But yeah, maybe I'll get on Motorsport 8 if I get a chance to!

Took some more screenshots but my Xbox app won't update to show them so I'll try and post them later.

I didn't realise hot shot racing was leaving game pass today n all so I might have a quick go on that

Edited on by ralphdibny

ralphdibny

ralphdibny

I beat that Hot Shot Racing in the end. (My definition of beat in this game is win every GP on normal difficulty and see every characters ending). I really liked it. It's like a combination of Ridge Racer, Virtua Racer and a take-your-pick kart racer. You get boost by drifting and tailgating in people's slipstreams. It's cool. There's a lot to unlock and play if you choose to take it further than I did. But if anyone is interested in having a go then I'd say you could beat all the GPs and do a few extra GPs to see all of the character endings inside of 2 hours. So enough time to do it before it leaves game pass basically!

ralphdibny

ralphdibny

Woop, I'm hyped for Horizon 5 in a few days! Not sure when it comes out exactly but it is preinstalled. Should be good!

ralphdibny

Tasuki

@ralphdibny I am so hyped as well. I am trying to finish 3 and then I still have 4 to play as well. I don't have it pre-installed yet so that way I won't be tempted to play it just yet.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

ralphdibny

@Tasuki ah you Gona play 4 before 5 as well then or just skip 4 for the meantime? I'm going to end up having all 3 of them on the go at once!! 😅

ralphdibny

Tasuki

@ralphdibny I will probably play 4 before 5 mainly because I have done that before with a series. I find that once I play a newer installment in a series it's hard to go back to an older game in a series mainly due to improvements that are made with each new installment.

My Backlog

ralphdibny

@Tasuki ah fair enough! I think I do the same but mainly for story based games. I'm not amazingly bothered about gameplay improvements but I certainly do notice them if I go backwards in some series!

ralphdibny

ralphdibny

I played the intro and also the first showcase event in Horizon 5. Beautiful game but I am feeling the lack of Series enhancements by playing on the One X. It will have a jarring load time between gameplay and cut scenes in the intro that I would assume is non existent on Series X! It's only jarring because of the flow of the sequence though. I'm more or less fine with the load times otherwise.

ralphdibny

Tasuki

Got back into FH3 the other night mainly due to all the hype of 5 being released. I just about finished all the races in Byron Bay and just leveled up Yarra Valley to level 3. Still having alot of fun with this game.

My Backlog

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic