Forums

Topic: The Forza Horizon and Motorsport Thread

Posts 101 to 120 of 185

ralphdibny

Woop, I'm hyped for Horizon 5 in a few days! Not sure when it comes out exactly but it is preinstalled. Should be good!

See ya!

Tasuki

@ralphdibny I am so hyped as well. I am trying to finish 3 and then I still have 4 to play as well. I don't have it pre-installed yet so that way I won't be tempted to play it just yet.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

ralphdibny

@Tasuki ah you Gona play 4 before 5 as well then or just skip 4 for the meantime? I'm going to end up having all 3 of them on the go at once!! 😅

See ya!

Tasuki

@ralphdibny I will probably play 4 before 5 mainly because I have done that before with a series. I find that once I play a newer installment in a series it's hard to go back to an older game in a series mainly due to improvements that are made with each new installment.

My Backlog

ralphdibny

@Tasuki ah fair enough! I think I do the same but mainly for story based games. I'm not amazingly bothered about gameplay improvements but I certainly do notice them if I go backwards in some series!

See ya!

ralphdibny

I played the intro and also the first showcase event in Horizon 5. Beautiful game but I am feeling the lack of Series enhancements by playing on the One X. It will have a jarring load time between gameplay and cut scenes in the intro that I would assume is non existent on Series X! It's only jarring because of the flow of the sequence though. I'm more or less fine with the load times otherwise.

See ya!

Tasuki

Got back into FH3 the other night mainly due to all the hype of 5 being released. I just about finished all the races in Byron Bay and just leveled up Yarra Valley to level 3. Still having alot of fun with this game.

My Backlog

WoomyNNYes

6-8 hours into Forza Horizon 5, and I've been noticing that race dificulty is "highly skilled" drivatars only. What's the deal?? You can't bump down the difficulty. I don't want to complain that it's too hard, but.... yeah. I normally play on above average and do ok, there's a good bit of challenge, but I'm struggling to find races that aren't "highly skilled" only.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Shigurui

@WoomyNNYes Sounds like you're playing seasonal/challenge events. Those have set difficulty that can't be changed. All regular campaign events can be set to your difficulty of choice.

Honkai Star Rail UID: 714980866 (EU Server)

WoomyNNYes

@Shigurui That's very helpful info since I'm new to Horizon 5. Thank you! I was worried there was of lot of the Highly-Skilled-only races. Man that 2020 Toyota Supra sucks (for that race). It has the grip of stock, eco Prius tires on it - maybe they're intended for drifting?

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Shigurui

@WoomyNNYes You're welcome. If you open the map and press the right bumper, you can filter out those events and just have the regular campaign event icons appear on the map.

Honkai Star Rail UID: 714980866 (EU Server)

WoomyNNYes

Oof. Lost two days of progress. I finally earned more than a million dollars, had $1,220,000, and now we're back to $330,00. Jeeze. what a downer.

'Tendo liker

themcnoisy

@WoomyNNYes strange seeing the Supra comment. You can tinker with the setup. My silver supra 2020 is almost maxed out, just need the 25xp unlock thingy. It's my favourite car so far. Although I am a Toyota nerd and want the 2022 2 litre (the 3 will be too heavy on the gas and not good for driving to work) as my next real car after my Corolla GR Sport 2 litre. Love the Supra.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

WoomyNNYes

So far, I've had a great time using the 1973 Porsche, from the barn find. The way it handles with the engine in the back, has made it more solid in turns than other cars (for me, anyway), or I've really taken to how it performs compared to other cars with front engine. I put the body kit on it, and better tire compound and have had a great time with it in B class (I think it was B class with body kit and better rubber).
Untitled

Has anyone tried the Rimac? haha. Jeeeze. It's electric, and sickeningly fast, like melt-your-face acceleration, and surprisingly stable. Stock, it gets to 265mph quicker than anything I've experienced in Horizon, and it sounds like a jet plane, especially when it sails through the air off a large hill. It's a bit of a freak, and helped me get an XP board on top of that shed in the speed camera zone just West or Southwest of the main Horizon Festival, at the southern end of the air strip. There's a bridge/long straight that helps aim you over a hill to land on the shed/XP board. Even with that good lead-up, there was a lot of trial and error/rewinds trying to get that board.
Untitled

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Tasuki

So I was playing a bit of Forza Horizon 3, just finishing up maxing out the last festival so now I don't get any more fans when a thought came to me. I was wondering how do you all play the Horizon games? Do you play until you finish the story do you play till you max out all your festival sites or do you play until you finish everything?

My Backlog

LtSarge

@Tasuki With Forza Horizon 3 and 5, I just played through the story mode and maxed out all festival sites basically. There's just so much content that I can't be bothered doing everything. It starts becoming a chore after you've finished the story, i.e. you need to check off every icon on the map.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

crippyd

@Tasuki @LtSarge For me I just play until I get bored or a new game comes along that takes my interest more. I also like to get as many acheivements out of the games as I can so I might spend a bit longer with it if the requirements are a bit more difficult than my gaming prowess allows.

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

LtSarge

@crippyd That's a good way of putting it, i.e. you played until you got bored. Because that's what I did with FH5 actually, I kept playing after I finished the main story until I didn't feel like playing anymore.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

Tasuki

@LtSarge That's what I was leaning towards but then my OCD kicks in when I see all those things on my map that have yet to be explored. Plus there's the checklist like all the roads drive, all speed traps triggered all the boards found etc. I convince myself ok I am going to stop now but then I see a spot on my map and I say after this event lol. But yeah it's starting to feel like a chore now but not to the point where it's overriding my OCD if that makes sense.

@crippyd Same here. That's my main focus now is the achievements. Mind you I won't get all of them, the fact that it's impossible to Platinum this game doest help as two of the barn finds were tied to a limited time event. However I want to get the ones I can like ever road driven, all speed traps triggered etc.

Thanks for the input guys. My next decision is if I want to start FH2 or 4 next.

My Backlog

ralphdibny

@Tasuki I think I'm the complete opposite of you with Forza Horizon. I've started 3, 4 and 5 and have them all on the go at once 😅. It's not at all how I normally play games but it's the sort of game that fits that drop in/out play style.

I don't think I've finished any of them. I'm probably nearly there with 4 as it was my first Xbox One game. I have no idea how far along I am in 3 and 5.

I think for me, they are just good/amazing games to pick up and play when there is a lull in my normal schedule. Or if I get reminded to play them by a game pass quest or an article on this website. It is one of my favourite Xbox franchises by far and I feel like Horizon 4 is one of my top games of that console generation.

As for FH2 or 4 next. I would have immediately said 4 just because I love it so much but thinking about it, it might actually be good to go backwards and forwards. Just so 4 feels more fresh after playing an older iteration if that makes sense. 3, 2, 4, 1, 5. Might break it up a bit

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic